It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why an American Revolution would be Difficult Today...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Many people today, including me, discuss the fact that our country is facing catastrophic economic challenges, an unpopular war in Iraq and other pertinent issues, too many to list here..

Some of us say that Americans should "revolt."

A revolt is easier said than done...

I say this because our government will not allow itself to be overthrown...Yes, it did happen during the "Civil War," but let's look at a more recent incident...

Few people remember, or, more accurately, are aware of the revolt after WW I conducted by 43,000 veterans who marched on D.C. in 1932...

On the 28th of July 1932, Attorney General Mitchell ordered the police evacuation of the Bonus Army veterans, who resisted; the police shot at them, and killed two. When told of the killings, President Hoover ordered the U.S. Army to effect the evacuation of the Bonus Army from Washington, D.C.

At 4:45 p.m., commanded by Gen. Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported with six battle tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, Fort Myer, Virginia, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of Civil Service employees left work to line the street and watch the U.S. Army attack its own veterans. The Bonus Marchers, believing the display was in their honour, cheered the troops until Maj. Patton charged the cavalry against them — to which action the Civil Service employee spectators yelled: "Shame! Shame!" against the charging cavalry.

After the cavalry charge, infantry, with fixed bayonets and adamsite gas, entered the Bonus Army camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River, to their largest camp; President Hoover ordered the Army assault stopped, however, Gen. MacArthur—feeling this free-speech exercise was a Communist attempt at overthrowing the U.S. Government—ignored the President and re-attacked. Hundreds of veterans were injured, several were killed — including William Hushka and Eric Carlson; a veteran's wife miscarried; and many other veterans were hurt. The sight of armed U.S. Army soldiers attacking poor American veterans of the recent Great War later prompted formal veteran relief funds, and, eventually, establishment of the Veterans Administration.

en.wikipedia.org...

This was "AFTER," yes "AFTER," the "The Posse Comitatus Act — forbidding civilian police work by the U.S. military" was signed into law...

Now we have the "Patriot Act."

Some say that American troops "WILL NOT" fire upon American citizens...

But, as shown above, they did fire on civilians (BTW, these 'civilians' were 'veterans'...i.e. their own) because they were "ordered" to do so...not because they "chose" to...

My post here is meant to share my view of the fact that, no matter how many guns we have, the government will use whatever means necessary to stomp us...

Today, Americans are apathetic and less likely to "boycott" a company (i.e. petroleum, companies who import primarily from China, etc.) let alone engage in a "revolt."

The above "revolt" was in 1932...76 years ago...BEFORE WW II...

Just imagine what would happen today...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If the people of the United States of America wanted to take back their nation all they need to do is stop working. In one month it would be over. Every time the government refused to do as the majority decided, another work stoppage would prompt them to change their minds. Remeber, todays elite is just as dependant on the luxury of wealth as the nobles and aristocrats of days gone by. Marching on the Capital in Washington only brings a military response. Not producing commerce brings a more agreeable response.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Fromabove,

As I mentioned above...Americans won't even "boycott" gas prices, let alone going without an income, even for one day...Especially in today's economy...So, I doubt that your answer to my post is a viable solution...

Shoot, we have Thanksgiving to think of, then Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year) and then Christmas...

Most American's today are looking for "part-time" jobs in ADDITION to their full-time jobs to make sure that their significant others receive an over-rated, unnecessary gift...

Maybe after Christmas, and between holidays, we could form a revolt...

I wish we WOULD all stop working for just "one" day...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Like I mentioned before what we the ppl need is an international petition. One that lets another country(ies) know we need them to break down the problem with weaponry, and that they have our uttermost permission to straight up attack and bomb where in this country we petitioners are clear away from since knowing what we signed for.

The U.S.'s enemy is then become our ally apart from the very U.S. we live in.

Hmm. Give Russia, China, etc the international petition with strong consent, and see them stand up when they see the U.S's own citizens wanting liberation from the U.S.

I mean, hey, other countries ppls were in distress, and the U.S. went and helped liberate them. So more than one can play at that game.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by swdecord

Oh, you are soo... right on! That is why we will always be slaves. To win any struggle one has to be "willing" to suffer for it. That's why I said "if" and I agree with you. Today's America does not have the will our forefathers had when they gave their lives and fortunes up for the ideal that is America.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
People just don't have the backbone.

The government owns us all the way around.

The only option we have left is to complain and even that may be taken away one day.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Oh, you are soo... right on! That is why we will always be slaves. To win any struggle one has to be "willing" to suffer for it. That's why I said "if" and I agree with you. Today's America does not have the will our forefathers had when they gave their lives and fortunes up for the ideal that is America.

Yep...and that "sucks!"

We are slaves....

First, most homeowners leveraged their homes with second mortgages...
Then, they racked up credit cards...

Then, Congress modified the "Bankruptcy Laws" to favor the "credit (i.e. criminal) companies"...

Afterwards, most Americans couldn't declare bankruptcy or had to declare Chapter 13...Thus, they were required to pay back most of their debt...

So they vacated their "de-valued" homes since a home worth $200K, with a mortgage (including the 2nd mortgage) of $300K, wasn't worth keeping...

This contributed to the "mortgage bubble" we are in, and can be attributed to the "gluttons (i.e. elitists)" in the financial markets who are now receiving substantial compensation from "OUR (Oh, and our children's/grand children's/great granchildren's) efforts"...

Ridiculous...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
Like I mentioned before what we the ppl need is an international petition. One that lets another country(ies) know we need them to break down the problem with weaponry, and that they have our uttermost permission to straight up attack and bomb where in this country we petitioners are clear away from since knowing what we signed for.
...Hmm. Give Russia, China, etc the international petition with strong consent, and see them stand up when they see the U.S's own citizens wanting liberation from the U.S.

This is the sentiment you endorse, and this is the reason you and yours should be swinging from a rope.

Take it to the streets punk...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Mabus...

I am not looking for "liberation" from the U.S.

But, I do expect OUR country to start recognizing "us" little guys (I use "little guys" cautiously)...

And, I don't want other countries interfering with us...

But, I do believe that we must become a country focused on "us" rather than the rest of the world...We have "many" problems here already...

But, as I mentioned, and the topic of this thread, is what I believe is the "impossibility for us to revolt against our government"...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Mabus...

I am not looking for "liberation" from the U.S.

But, I do expect OUR country to start recognizing "us" little guys (I use "little guys" cautiously)...

And, I don't want other countries interfering with us...

But, I do believe that we must become a country focused on "us" rather than the rest of the world...We have "many" problems here already...

But, as I mentioned, and the topic of this thread, is what I believe is the "impossibility for us to revolt against our government"...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Prior service or retired military are not exactly "civilians" either. They are more along the lines of private citizens but with a kick.

No a mass revolt would not work.

I have come to the conclusion that no mass effort/s will. What it is going to require, is a multitude of small dedicated and discrete groups whom are willing to works toward a common goal.

This effort will be a movement toward a civil revolution.

Many of my previous threads and posts from previous years high light this concept. Some which detail historical references. All speaking of Consitiutional and 100% American means of doing so.

Our Founding Fathers established the means and tools to do so, read em and learn them. the time will come when such must be done. They knew this and we must remember it.

We The People.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Prior service or retired military are not exactly "civilians" either. They are more along the lines of private citizens but with a kick.

No a mass revolt would not work.

I have come to the conclusion that no mass effort/s will. What it is going to require, is a multitude of small dedicated and discrete groups whom are willing to works toward a common goal.

This effort will be a movement toward a civil revolution.

Many of my previous threads and posts from previous years high light this concept. Some which detail historical references. All speaking of Consitiutional and 100% American means of doing so.

Our Founding Fathers established the means and tools to do so, read em and learn them. the time will come when such must be done. They knew this and we must remember it.

We The People.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ADVISOR]

Advisor,

I agree with you 100%...I am retired Navy...

The sad reality is that, I think, all of us here at ATS would agree to some sort of a mini-revolution...

But, MOST Americans call us "whack jobs, etc...and would not even "consider" a revolution...

To "them" the government is "sacred" and "protects" them," rather than us...

So, when you look at the total number of members here at ATS, and other, similar, sites, we probably total around 43,000...the same number of veterans who marched on D.C. in 1936...

Or 0.000143333% of our 3,000,000 population...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There's a right way to go about this and a wrong way. Hell ya "our" gov't is supposed to be elected to serve us. But when half the population has been "educated" against the principles of this great nation what recourse?

Thin the herd!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
People just don't have the backbone.

The government owns us all the way around.

The only option we have left is to complain and even that may be taken away one day.

jam321,

Yes...

Your comment above is the impetus for my post...

We, Americans, are apathetic and unwilling to rebel against the "norm"...

And, I doubt we will ever complain enough to be heard...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
There's a right way to go about this and a wrong way. Hell ya "our" gov't is supposed to be elected to serve us. But when half the population has been "educated" against the principles of this great nation what recourse?

Thin the herd!

Gatordone...

You mention "educated population..."

Our educational system is a farce...We would be better off "home-schooling" our kids...

Our educational system is based upon the "No Child Left Behind Act," which encourages schools to ensure that students "pass" the federal tests...

Also, the "Teacher's Union" insures that there is "No Teacher Left Behind," which is an atrosity...

Teacher's "teach" what they are told....or perhaps what the left tells them to teach...

But, I doubt that teacher's will ever "revolt" against the government...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Careful with those large quotes, come on now.

Yes, true hence why I have the last quote in my signature-
"In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man;brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however,the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
you're right, it would be impossible.

most americans think lincoln was the greatest president
for freeing the slaves, but they have no idea that was never
his intention, and they have no idea jackson was the greatest
president for killing the bank.

most americans are too busy with their tv's and electronics that
take hours of their day away.

a woman tried to arrest carl rove for treason, why wasnt it
a man? we need strong men with backbones to revolt and make
this country what it is supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Careful with those large quotes, come on now.

"In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man;brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however,the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

Advisor...

Should I keep all of my text in one paragraph?

I'm not being a nudge...I really want to know what I need to do here...I am used to just hitting the "Enter" key after a "..."

Even though I am listed as being here since 2004, I just recently (within 2 months came back)...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yes ADVISOR...you are right...WE, here at ATS, are PATRIOTS...
But, guess what? OUR population, sadly, REJECTS patriots...To them, we are thugs and conspirists...But, if you look back at 1936 (our LAST significant revolution), the civilian government employees were aghast when our troops fired upon our veterans...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by christimv
you're right, it would be impossible.

most americans think lincoln was the greatest president
for freeing the slaves, but they have no idea that was never
his intention, and they have no idea jackson was the greatest
president for killing the bank.

most americans are too busy with their tv's and electronics that
take hours of their day away.

a woman tried to arrest carl rove for treason, why wasnt it
a man? we need strong men with backbones to revolt and make
this country what it is supposed to be.

Yes...I can agree about Jackson...

But, Lincoln attempted to bring the "Green Back (againist the Bankers)" into existence during the Civil War...and was assassinated...But, this was AFTER Jackson...

JFK tried to shut down the "Fed" and was assassinated...

So, some "men with backbones" tried to make things "right" but were cut down in their prime...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join