It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to action for all ATS members

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
thanks yarcofin im gonna check out the zeitgeist movement maybe they wont be as much a disappointment as anonymous...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManBand
Im british and I'm in, but this is just too American.

Hi OMB.

I would love to hear any ideas that you or other Britains (or Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, etc...) have to contribute.

What about what has been discussed so far do you find "too American"? How or what do you think should be done differently?

Aislin

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The "Silent Majority" was used to gain power (although it really sounded too much like being a victim IMO), I rather like the name "Loud Majority", or "Screaming Majority" as the antithesis group.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Can someone explain what the intended difference between this movement, and The Zeitgeist Movement will be? Because TZM is already going to have thousands of devout followers and seems to be pretty much the same lines as what is going on here... removal of politics, boycotting banks/military/religion, etc... What is the fundamental difference here? If nothing, why not just all join TZM?

If you can answer that, I might be in.

The Zeitgeist Movement is vague. It's hard to know what they are trying to accomplish. It has been shown that the movement itself maybe based on lies. It is a very controversial subject. When a movement like that is made it is hard to know it's origins or intentions. It may be true in it's nature but it just has too much controversy around it right now for my tastes. I'd rather join this one because I for a fact know how it started and know it's intentions. I trust the members of ATS.
Source -1
Source -2

-IgN0RaNt

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It would be AWESOME to have an independent President in the office. I would vote for Ron Paul, but I'm worried about "throwing my vote away". I know - that's a pretty gutless point of view, but I think it describes a lot of people. If I knew there was a surge of voters coming forward to vote for him - I'd be more inclined to do it. How can we raise awareness that people still have a choice? My other concern is that even if he did get the popular vote - they'd find a way to keep him out of office.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This reminds me of a show I watched yesterday. Would have enjoyed seeing it through, but was past my bed time...

During Chicago’s 1968 Democratic convention, antiwar protesters—denied permits to march—fought for their right to be heard. Eight of the most vocal activists were charged and brought to trial in a courtroom circus that pitted activism against the establishment. This film mixes animation with archival footage to explore the buildup to, and unraveling of, the Chicago Conspiracy Trial. Set to the music of revolution, it portrays the struggle of Americans attempting to confront an oppressive government.

[link]http://www.wned.org/TV/features.asp?type=top_picks&id=993[/link]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

How about a raised fist? It has always been the symbol of the people. Very basic and unperverted by underlying symbology or geomentry. Unlike other hand signs or symbols presumed to be innocent.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
not to kill this thread or anything but .....couldn't brainstorming sessions like these be considered acts of treason? IMO i think that the people of ATS are all talk ... no offense but i have NEVER seen any proof that there has been an actual carrying out of plans drawn up by the members of ATS ... ya it's nice thinking about what we could do, but it'd be nice if we actually DID IT. Don't ask me how to do it because i have no clue ... i personally think threads like these are getting old fast ... nothing ever gets accomplished ... ideas get thrown around and possibly even a plan is drawn up ... but nothing ever comes from it ... it'll be just like every other thread ... it'll die down in a month or so...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by baseball101]

Which make me think of The Zeitgeist movement again....seriously people, as far as ANY movement is concerned isnt this the one we should be focusing on??? If you dont know about it then at leasdt look into it.

well??

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
how about we start a heavy metal band and preach against the man

AAAAAAH # THE MAN!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Can someone explain what the intended difference between this movement, and The Zeitgeist Movement will be? Because TZM is already going to have thousands of devout followers and seems to be pretty much the same lines as what is going on here... removal of politics, boycotting banks/military/religion, etc... What is the fundamental difference here? If nothing, why not just all join TZM?

At least someone else knows what im saying... anyone involved in this thread needs to go to TZM if they serious.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ign0rant

The Zeitgeist Movement is vague. It's hard to know what they are trying to accomplish. It has been shown that the movement itself maybe based on lies. It is a very controversial subject. When a movement like that is made it is hard to know it's origins or intentions. It may be true in it's nature but it just has too much controversy around it right now for my tastes. I'd rather join this one because I for a fact know how it started and know it's intentions. I trust the members of ATS.
Source -1
Source -2

-IgN0RaNt

Sorry but i think you are wrong...anyone that joins TZM is not just going to mearly follow someone elses movement and hope it turns out to be the right thing....once the forums are up and running properly IT WILL be the peoples movement...Excactly what you want right???

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Whats with people bashing Zeitgeist these days anyway..even if the original movie gets it wrong in a few places...so what?? its not done to deceive us...The movies are exactly what the people need to know, the message is a good one and with regard to people starting to "wake-up" and see all the hidden wrongs of the world. Zeitgeist will go a long way towards this (well it already has done)

Simple fact is the oppertunity IS here now to make a difference thanks to the publicity of this film , and as already said TZM will very quickly have thousands of people devoted to the cause.

There is actually going to be a 'Zday' how cool is that...1 day every year where actual meetings proposing (some kind of) plans/action.

im not one for all this typing, but guys c'mon....you cant seriously think of starting some kind of half-baked movement here...NOTHING will come of it..

oh it all makes me mad.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
despite how much i am willing to give and dedicate my life to bettering those around me, and how much i base my life off of love and unity, im getting the idea nothing will speak loud enough to be heard until there is a "radical" movement. there definetely needs to be somekind of mass boycott. im talking from work and all. or osme kind of uprising. i know that sounds extreme, but anything else we do, we still give them control.

what are a few flies buzzing in their ears about peace gonna do? but wasps can cause some damage.

and what was said earlier is true. we start threads, people want to take action, and nothing gets done. LISTEN TO THE WAY WE'RE TALKING PEOPLE!!!! this is real f'ing life! can you grasp this? its not a movie! its not a story! everything we read about in history. everything leads up to this "final cosmic shift". WE are the few born to live out our lives in this very confused very spiritual time. ha. and we use our free will, our power of choice, to sit on our asses and type to eachother what would be great ideas.

the only way they can be stopped is to cut off their roots. money and the control we ALLOW them. if everytime they pulled off some bs like a bailout, people took to the streets, there would be no more bailouts. but the bailout was a test to see how much they can do without us rising up. well just like the case of the boiling frog, its progressing slowly so we accept it. its all too psychological. which is why its pointless to join TZM or any other. we need to join a movement that has a plan of action and a date or a time frame in which this will take place.

we still go to work, we still slave and feed them, out of fear. of bills or bad credit. and it works beautifully unfortunately. im done. take my house my electricity and come and get me. im done hiding and living in fear. and though i will lose my life, maybe one day some child will gain freedom.

selflessness over selfishness folks. its a sacrifice for all future mankind

In Lak'ech

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

Couldn't have put it any better.
The idea that I suggested, as there are many who agree and disagree, calls for nothing more than what we all do already.
Save up, Stock up, Free time!
How much more simple could it be. All that has to happen is a few thousand do this and more may indeed follow. Despite the fact that the entire country may not rise to the occasion, they don't have to. Imagine the hype over something like this if it really happened. Imagine Dr.Paul signing up.

"Imagine all the people"

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Banks
Pension funds
Insurance companies,

What have they all in common?

They all use the money you bring in to cover for something which could happen to you if something goes wrong in your life, to make far more money on it for the few of them, by silently shopping for much more profit on the majority of your mass deposits, before something really is going to happen to you.

Them, being all three, part of the same greed corporation.
Who controll all of you by keeping all forms of their shopping a corporative secret.
Untill it goes wrong, then all of you must pay the rest of your lifes for their malversations.

The only sane solution:

Make all three, citizens controlled entities.
But don't just change them from one form of a few shareholders controlled moneymaking system to another.
Make the controlling process transparent.

The banks having no trouble in the current situation, are the truely cooperatively owned ones, where all shareholders can ask to look into all the bank's books.

In the current situation, there's a massive evaporation of banking experience by laying off jobs of thousands of banking personel, which could be offered new, much more satisfying jobs in truely transparent new cooperative banks, started by concerned citizens together with those currently layed off.

And offer new jobs to "spendsion" funds and "unsurance" companies personel, to combine and strengthen this new cooperative banking with those new forms of true insurance for possible mayhem and guaranteed pensions.

If you are really pissed off by the current State of the Union, show them, what a truely concerned citizenship can do, to really change the current state of affairs.

CHANGE the corporations to cooperations.
Start up new, cooperatively owned banks.
Start at the grassroots, in your own community.
And put your savings and salaries in your own, cooperatively owned banks.
And quickly combine with other cooperations around you, to gain strength at the state levels.
It's the only solution which will strengthen America, instead of weakening it.

Do something, instead of watching your savings going down the drain.
And stop the outsourcing of life-long collected, valuable know-how.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well, I for one am not a citizen of the world but of America. It is America that I am moved for and nothing else. We have the best nation of all nations. We should help other nations who aspire to love freedom, but to take care of ourselves first in my priority.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Fromabove]

I was dissapointed to read your post, I'm more inclined to think we're all in this together whether we like it or not.

Surely by setting someone else free we free ourselves by default so it would be in my interset to help you be free ?

You have a national bailout others have a national bailout each for themselves, we know it's not going to work. Perhaps an international Bail-in from us all would achieve swifter results ?

Tell me to mind my own business if you want, just thought I'd add my 10 cents sorta thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Hi All,

I have been flirting for with this idea for a while now and the only thing stopping me is the amount of CAREFULL planning that needs to go in to this. It's great to see we have a group of people finally wanting to unite. I believe the only way to do this is to change communication to suit out needs. What I propose is a website that changes the way we interact, A website that basically allow's video/voice confrensing while we all are able to work on a virtual whiteboard we can all see and add to, then we can vote what paths the organisation takes. This needs to be the open to the whole world as everyone is effected not just America.

I have a bit of website experience and time I am willing to donate to the cause I think if we start all listing what resources we can donate would be a good start. We need to ensure that in doing this our own system does not corrupt the only fair way i can see this working is with a voting system where everyone has 100% equal vote regardless of their role or resources being supplied... if we can all stick to this we can make it work.

If an experienced website developer gets a site going then we would have a hub where we can start putting this thing together, even If ATS are in a position to do this then that would be great, but I know it takes alot of time you may not have.

communication is the key here guys, if we can change the way we communicate and interact we can change how quickly we can get things moving. Also we need to find a way to unite all the groups dedicated to this.

It's time the people in power get a reminder who put them in their positions and what their job is. ITS TIME FOR AN UPRISING!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i personally don't understand what these threads accomplish ... just my personal opinion though ....

These 'Call To Action' and 'Time to Overthrow the Government' threads need to stop

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaska

I understand what you're saying, but never feel that you're throwing your vote away. Even if you are the only person in your entire country that votes for that person, you made your choice based on what you felt was right. People can choose to think their vote counts or it doesn't matter and someone else is pulling the strings, but the fact is your vote is your vote and it is one of the few places you get to express yourself. Don't let perception of public opinion (or my opinion for that matter) sway you!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

actually, your musings are quite thoughtful; I've often thought (and often come across research to back it up) that indeed there are possible forces BEHIND those forces which we can pinpoint; if they exist, they are truly unseen, unheard, and never spoken of; I fear that the people in the spotlight are sworn to secrecy never to reveal who pulls their strings; in fact, those forces, if they are at work on our planet, may even be a non-human species -- no, not shape-#fing lizards or big-headed greys with big eyes (although I don't completely write off those theories), but something even more subtle -- something, perhaps, hyperdimensional, which makes it near impossible for us to identify, grasp, and expose..

certainly, the monetary system itself has bred humans of weak morality into the greed-based pyramid scheme destined to fail; something tells me that institutions held up and governed by ordinary humans cannot possibly be organized enough to pull off the scams (both financial and violent) upon us and keep it all secret (after all, as you said, we do know some of their names); and lately, it seems, they are just trying to put more and more bandages on an increasing number of gaping wounds..

now, re: a call to action: whatever form it should and will take, we must remember that we are 99% to their 1% (provided we are able to wake up the entire populace) -- so, perhaps, the initial goal should be to continue to wake up the common citizen; and that includes continuously scrutinizing those within the various 'truth' movements, and exposing those who have the wrong motives..

moreover... and this is perhaps a pipe dream: let's throw away the word 'CONSPIRACY'...! the word simply has too much dirt on it, and it is subject to ridicule too easily; let's find other and better words to describe those areas of injustice which we penetrate and expose..

I'm ready to move with whatever volition and conviction we can...

in truth

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join