It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to action for all ATS members

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
In my opinion, it's simple.

First and solely foremost, you have to get the persons in charge to listen to you.

As we speak, an overwhelming controlling percentage of 'investors', own the ears of those in Congress and PAC influence. Guess what... they are foreign investor countries that buy into Treasury Bills and other government backed securities.

Now if you were in charge, who would you listen to. The people making noises?...or the people (countries) investing and backing your budgets?

Face it, until Americans own and control and buy the majority of Government backed securities, dont expect the government to listen to you.

Quit investing in companies that promise big returns and are foreign owned.

Buy INTO your country, not against it.

Only then will you be heard.

Nuff said imo.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
oh the irony ...

this thread started as a shout out to all ATS members basically calling for us to unite in making the world a better place ... to it being all about america and americans.

if in the unlikely event this movement were to get off the ground ... your parameters seem to have already been set right here at its birth, in this thread. personal agendas.

jazzman and some others told you at the beginning of this thread what needs to happen to start making things better (personal responsibility) but you're not listening.

personally i'd love to see the world a better place and that includes america. but i think you guys are kidding yourselves if you can't see you're part of the problem and not the solution. i could say more but don't know how to tactfully and i don't want to offend because that achieves nothing either.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Its very simple really.

beat them at their own game.

whats that? you may ask..

business...money...the stock market. politics...government, local government.

group people together, pull resources (i.e. money) and begin to invest. grow your investments and get into a business that depending what you find more important (tech, finances, resources...whatever) and grow , grow, grow. then, once you have become one of the world leaders in that sector of the economy, push a candidate with you billions of excess dollars.

once you do that and get a candidate elected for pres. or multiple candidates elected for the senate, start to push legislation that supports your agenda...

then with all your influence start ad campaigns "exposing" all the monsters that stood in your position before you. show the people who it could and should be. you can call it: real change

you can do it. you know why? you live in the United States of America! well at least I do. dont know about you. good luck though!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I haven't read further than your post yet (but I will after I make my post). I have webspace availabe in large amounts (5 gig) and I'm willing to put a forum and/or blog up. I can't afford another domain yet, but in a couple of months I can and than I'm also willing to buy another domain.

As name I suggest " I'm mad as hell" , and the credits for that would have to go to the poster who posted the vid in the global meltdown forum (I'm sorry can't remember who it was but it was awsome)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The Great Depression started because, in a mad rush every one began pulling out of banks and stocks. This is what started the Stock Market crash.

If we want to hurt them where it counts, we need to bring the dollar to its knees.

We need to bring our own people into office, wherever we are.

A coup is a take over of the existing government. This does not need to be a violent process.

The most effective response to violence is non-violence.

Over his life, Ghandi was able to make a more permanent change than any conqurer.

And finally.... If you want to change the world, I would suggest that you not talk about it on any medium that is viewed or taped by those who would want the world to stay the same, or go in the same direction it is going in now.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone has come across these guys but they've aimed at a day a year of non-spending and have done well in hte past few years. I think this year buy nothing day is November 29th

www.adbusters.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What to do?, what to do?.......What has actually caused this finiancial crisis? Is it really just a case of overheated greed driven by short sighted gluttony?, human nature compounded by human error (or vice versa)?. Or maybe (as some here suspect), the orchestrations of a powerfull and hidden elite?.

These questions have to answered conclusively before any strategy can be formed to combat and solve our current problems.

If it is just a case of professional incompetance in the financial sector then all is well(ish), the storm will be ridden out and hopefully much chastened bankers will emerge and a much more ethical form of capitolism will evolve. All we have to do is stock up on essentials while the going is still good, make plans for a more independant lifestyle and wait for the sun to come out again.

Having read alot about powerfull and hidded elites, here(ATS) and elsewhere, the old saying "no smoke without fire" comes to mind. I'm sure alot of you have read about illuminati and reptilians and todds and rockerfellas, but!, and it's a big but, i sourced all this from the net and let's face it, anyone could have put it up for any reason.

The worst case scenario?. The Illuminati are real. What we presently see as a financial crisis, is, in fact, their end game for domination. What can or could we do about it?. Form an organisation to fight them?, infilltrating organisations is apparently what they do, so ineveitably that would be pointless. What is the answer to what would be lawfull evil?. My answer is chaotic good, i.e. let each of us act in concert but on our own initiative, they can't beat us if they can't control us.

A people can only be governed if they allow themselves to be,

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The system breeds corruption, even if you could magically remove the corrupt elite, others would step in to take their place. This is obvious because it's been going on for centuries. You cannot fight them, you cannot reason with them, you cannot work the system to change the system.

I agree it must start on a personal level, continue to educate yourself in all areas and help educate others who ask or are receptive, don't impose, and don't use speculative conspiratorial angles to push your position.

Stop supporting the system in any way you can. Destroy the system passively as best as you can.

Become as self sufficient as possible. Live as cheaply as possible. Materialism is your worst enemy.

Make sure your money is not supporting unethical corporations. If you work for one, quit. Support local and small businesses.

Don't join the military. Don't be fooled into false patriotism.

Don't hate and don't fear. I'm enjoying watching the system buckle and strain. Let it burn. I don't fear losing my job, I don't fear having no money, I'll survive. Life is too easy anyway.

Bring on the archaic revival.

FIND THE OTHERS.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My opinion is this . There should be no involvement with money for a group like this . Run it like utopia . No one gets paid for thier involvement, there must be no reserve of funds for the group to use, and all materials should be paid for by the individuals using or aquiring them. Also , you folks and your peaceful protest idea are really cute. But just because YOU protest for and with peace, doesnt stop you getting a batton in the eyesocket , or a rubber round in the balls. If you want to change the world, you need to have a majority in every nation on earth, who can rise and take by force , that which has been wrested from the grip of the people. Power.
Its great to think that in democratic state you ought to be able to use the system to aquire a voice for the people, and be able to carry the true majority voice to the top ... but its a lie . A fabrication used to keep us under the thumb. "You chose this , this is what you made of your vote, now give us all your money so we can kill people with it"...Thats government in democracy. Imagine how much harder its gonna be for members who live in dictatorships to rise peacefully ?
Theres only one way to effect a genuine polarity shift in world government, and thats to destroy all vestiges of world government , and curse the names of every man or woman who ever was involved with one.
They ARE all corrupt , they ARE all trying to keep the people weak, and they do not care what you think. There is nothing but annihalation that will stop people so callous .

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

The constitution guarntees freedom from a state sponsored religion, not a separation of church and state. Thank over reaching judges for creating that fiction.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Have you guys heard of zeitgeist?

see the film and join the movement:
www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The very first thing you need to do is get this idea off a public forum and somewhere secure. Can't do that, your toast and everyone with you. Period.

Pizzaguy

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have noticed this thread, leaning more and more toward Americans and I can only say one thing, we are all in this together. We have all been sodomized by a system designed to seperate you, from your assets, I'd say money, but we all know they ain't after the stuff they create out of thin air. This is a global problem, therefore needs a global solution, this institution has been around for centuries and most of the people with any power, are involved.

The government has to be abolished, at least for now. There are too many people, with too much to lose up there, they are easily manipulated and have no backbone.

The people need a bigger say, elections every 4 years is hardly a driving seat now is it!? We need ALL the people involved, or as many as possible. Too long have the people been ignorant to the goings on of their own countries, well, now the world is literally at stake. People need to take more of an interest in the economical and political situations of the world, and not assume that others will burden that responsibility, more often than not, they will take advantage of people's ignorance, to help themself.

We need the Gold standard back, the new one world currency will try and palm you off with 'money cards' (I think thats what their on now), basically, it's a debit card, except, there will be NO money, only 'virtual' money, easily manipulated, easily transported.

IMO, the education system needs to be overhauled, to me, it's blatant indoctrination, but another time.

Forget a 2 party system, forget a 3 party system, I say a no party system. Parties always end up having an 'agenda', as they are first and foremost about self preservation, therefore, they are broken. IMO, we shouldn't have any party, it should be a random selection as to who runs the government, the people would monitor the goings on, in case they are called up next. This would help more people understand about these situations, the ramifications they may have, and would generally, get everyone, to take an active role in the running of our world.

Empathy not Apathy!!!

The banks need to be a part of the government, the government, needs to be a part of the people.

As for names, I've been thinking about UNITY?

All I got for now.

EMM

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Underground newsletters, bumper stickers etc etc...why? Will they become like this forum we are on now, just a means to moan and feel sorry for yourself?.

To win you need to sacrifice as individuals. This self sacrifice should be based on you, YEA YOU ! not using credit, learning to live without the plasma screen, trusting your fellow citizen and going on strike to get your point over.

A name? you dont need one because you are already listed as being part of the human race.

Most of all you need to realise that you cant trust anyone in politics. Even the trusted are tainted by the system.

My own point of view, with respect ,based on being a UK citizen and seeing how easily this thread became Americanised, is that you, my American brothers and sisters cant see past your own nose when it comes to uniting the world against what is coming OUR way. Uniting the world citizens would make us a powerfull force. This thread fell at the first hurdle.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah, i thought of something.

STOP PAYING, STOP OBEYING!!!

Stop paying your taxes, your traffic fines, your debts, anything. And don't let them tell you how to think, live or be. Don't be afraid !

It's because we pay and obey the situation got out of hand like this...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by hStripe]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just been thinking, this will never work, as long as we come up with an alternative. At the moment, everyone has the [sigh] 'choice' between our current system, in which most have lost faith, or this new system, the global currency.

So if this is going to be anything but smoke, a new system, at least has to be considered, not only would this help when disputing OUR validity, but it would be a rallying post, a reason for people to join, other than, they don't like the way the world is going.

I posted this on another thread, but I'll repost it here. Even if you don't agree with me, try coming up with your own, the more options we have, the less chance, we will have to accept their 'ultimatum'.

We have a major problem though, what can we do? Well, for starters, WE CAN'T STOP IT!

Why? Well, first and foremost, because it is progress, it is what is needed, desperately.Problem is, we don't trust the people that are setting this thing up, so how the hell can we trust our 'new global order'? What can we do?

Well, we can think up a better one! We currently, can't argue against it, because, like it or not, it's the next step in our economical and political evolution, and they know it. So to fight this, we must at least discuss, another one world order, the solution, has to be a global government (including the bank/s). Unfortunately, we know why they are setting up this one, more control, so I say we do the same thing, more control, for us, the people.

Someone mentioned it in a thread a while ago, I took it as a joke at first, but it then got me thinking, they said 'a lottery'. I thought on it more and more, as it made sense, it could be like jury duty, only it lasts a couple of months, I was thinking 3. Say a thousand people, from varying countries, randomly selected, to run the government for 3 months. No permanent politicians, only administration and clerical staff, the '1000' randomly selected, will get say, a large tax deduction, or an extra couple of thousand for the time they serve, as not only an incentive, but also a prevention, against 'career' politicians.

This would stop the power, being in the hands of the few, but rather the many, it would make sure the people, rather than their fatter, richer bretheren, have a say in the direction of their government, their world. It would make people pay attention and take action in the running of their world, rather than sitting out, complacently letting their government do all the work (in which most governments take full advantage of the people's ignorance), removing the excuse of ignorance. It would make things harder to 'manipulate' if most of the world understood and participated in the economical and political upkeep of our world, woud it not?

One thing, that I realised, was there would have to be restrictions, on who could and couldn't be 'called up'. Obviously, criminals, currently incarcerated would be a no, no. But who else? People on the 'board' of major corporations? People of a certain high rank in the armed forces a no, no?

Let's not forget people, if this all goes through, it won't just be the banks and government that will be globalised, how about your childrens education? thats been pretty much in the bag for a while now, with UNESCO, people still say 'how are we brainwashed', I'd call it more indoctrinated, but a spade is a spade. This will offer you more control over your childrens education, what they learn, how they grow, I certainly don't want this in the hands of a government with little to know oversight, like that which we've had for a while now.

So please remember, even if you don't care about this world and how it's run, do it for the kids.

Vote EMM for gobal emperor!

EMM

Again, if you don't agree, come up with your own, or make amendments to this one, I don't mind, the more options we have, the better.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
"Those who do not lern from history are doomed to repeat it".
The French revolution. Horible, bloody event, directed at the corrupt royal family and worthless PAPER currency they controled. It is said that to this day, every Ferenchmen has some gold in storage.
The American Bill of rights. The founding fathers were working on it as the French revolution was occuring. They realised the people had been pushed over the edge when the money had been deemed worthless. It is for this reason, and the federal reserve will never admit this, that the bill of rights specificly says that there shall never be a currency not based on gold in America.
The Federal Reserve. We have not learned from history the way the founding fathers wanted the world too. We only have the option too

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
count me in! if my "mood" and "sig" don't say enough as it is, then i dunno what will...

the time is NOW, not NWO...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm in fully agree the time for action is now or never. I think the idea of an active, in-your-face organazation coupled with a publication on a large scale is a very good start. As for all this talk of patriotism, I love my country, and I think it's great here. But this is a global problem, so we can't just focus on America alone. There is always this talk of peaceful demonstrations.....they always lead to violence-by-cop. You march in the street or look like you might me headed toward a state building and you will be met with tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, and real bullets. Consider youself lucky if all that happens to you is you get arrested for breaking some unconstitutional law while excercising your rights. It's going to take more than boycotting walmart, handing out pamphlets, and banging out borderline messages on ATS, stopping short of calling for what really needs to happen. We need the organazation, we need the litature, and we need an army of the people willing to get out from behind the computer and fight. Any takers?..... Didn't think so. When the people march in the street peacefully and they are attacked by the police/government agents, the police should be met with even greater violence. When you speak of sending a message to this or that branch of government by protesting or marching what do you think that changes? Nothing. When we speak of marching to invoke change, we should march an army to their doorstep and demand immediate change. If not granted, we knock down the friggin door and take it back. After all, that's the long overdue duty of a true American patriot(since I see patriotisim mentioned alot here). Everyone talks of change, of taking things back, yet they all stop short of saying what really needs to be done to invoke the change needed. No amount of hand holding or passing out of flyers will ever change anything on it's own. Untill the sheeple of this country and this board are willing to actually stand up, organize yourselves in spite of the government agents watching you and this board and take to the streets willing to fight, to overthrow this oppressive force nothing will ever change for the better. It will take far more than good intentions to fix this wrong that has been done to us.

I have tried to organize people for the cause before but nobody wants to do anything but talk. Now I just worry about making sure I can take care of me and mine when SHTF because everyone let it go down the toilet. Strictly defensive posture these days.

I'm begining to to think this board consist of mostly internet gangsters and government agents.....

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
All valid pints every one. This is what it's like to be in a democratic society. But even a democracy will have to settle on one course of action.

I will reiterate.
Less is more.
Americans, and or other countries will be enabled by what they already do.
That is to save some money, stock up and rest at home.
Simple as simple can be.
The personal agendas and ideas become background radiation when there are so many of them.
Stick to the heart of this.
Rebel "JUST" by being a human being.
First,
Save some money so you can pay the necessities, Rent, Electric, Insurance, Etc.
What ever might be due that week. Don't save money to go and shop.
Stock up some food. How many of us buy food for the week anyways? Simple as can be. It's being done anyways.

Stay home. Who doesn't need a vacation.
The only difference is it's a home vacation.
Spend some much needed quality time with family and spouses.

Then we need a voice. DR. Ron Paul

Less is more, and is also the PURE message.
We are human, we are legion, we are not to be denied.

We will beat them at their own game by doing what we already do.
How ironic and awesome is that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join