It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to action for all ATS members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
On another thread, we were kicking around the idea of starting a movement to counter what has been going on in the world regarding the theft of our freedom, our resources, our jobs, and our savings. I am setting up this thread to enlist ideas from ATS members that are fed up with Bailouts of Bankers, Brokers, Mortgage firms and crooks of all sort.

Anyone that is fed up with a system where representatives are "elected" and then proceed to act independent of the will of the people.
We are all in this together; Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Australians, Islanders, Asians, anyone who feels that something has to be done to win back a say in a world that is going crazy.

We believe that concerted coordinated efforts to boycott, protest peacefully, put pressure on representatives, etc is the way to win back a say.

Let's use this thread as a Brainstorming session.
Let's come together for a common cause, to win back our world.

[edit to minimize all caps in title]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
First off I think we would be better equipped to come up with solutions if we would quit calling it "theft" of our freedoms and acknowledge that our freedoms were handed over willingly.

Having said that, I think the solutions lay within each individual and what they are willing to let go of in order to take hold of the freedom that already lies in their possession. Consequences for actions does not necessarily mean one is not free. You are always free... you just have not been willing to accept it unless someone else deems you free. You must declare your own self free and understand that every choice you have made was made in the name of personal freedom.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How about everyone who "owns" a home here get a land patent and then re-seat Congress?

Just an idea...check it here:

www.teamlaw.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The best thing to do is to refuse to buy anything on credit. If you want something...save up for it!

Just my .02 cents!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

That is a great site. This excerpt is especially appropriate here:

The causes of the problems we are facing are, the people do not know the law, their history or the reality of who they are acting for in commerce. If they did, they would have stopped this from happening long ago. People today have been deceived into believing they are powerless to stop such current events legally and lawfully. However, the laws of our Constitutional Republic define the limits of government.

Do we have any lawyers that are willing to help out?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The best thing to do is to refuse to buy anything on credit. If you want something...save up for it!

Yes, that is a great way of hitting them back. It is also very sound advice to be able to keep your personal freedom, and avoid being "owned" by the credit companies. It's something like the old statement "Imagine if they held a war and nobody came?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know this may be all but intangible, but I do believe we need to do something drastic to make them aware of just how potent of a force we can be if we stick together, despite their best efforts to rip us apart.
Individuality may very well be the cornerstone of a free society, but we do need some serious cohesion. As the old saying goes, "together we stand, divided we fall."

[edit on 22/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Yes, we need a name.
We need a logo.
We need a blog and website.
We need to organize. We can post as a group.
I had suggested, based upon another member mentioning Poland and Solidarity, using Solidarity.
Anyone have any ideas about a name?
Anyone have ideas about a logo?
Anyone good at graphic artis?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'll throw an idea into the brainstorm. I'd like to see campaign signs that do not read "McCain - Palin" or "Obama - Biden". I'd like to see campaign signs that actually have no name on them. I'd like to see a campaign sign that says something along the lines of "These are my choices??" or "3rd political party anybody?". And I'd like to see these Everywhere to remind people that you shouldn't feel compelled to make gut-wrenching decisions.

I'm choosing not to vote in this presidential election. I'm disgusted with the politics that are in play. As long as we have a two-party system where the chance exists that 51% of the people of this nation can be the slim majority over the other 49%, and decide how this country is going to be run, that is a hell of bunch of unhappy people. Democracy is broken if it can lead to that, and there is no doubt in my mind it will lead to that again this election day.

It's ludicrous that a nation of so many differing people of so many different ideals have to be pigeon-holed into voting for either A or B, because they are convinced that voting C or D is a wasted vote. And people wonder why elected officials don't do what they say they will when they have to please so many different groups of people. You cannot please everyone.

Am I anti-democracy? No. I am anti-democracy as we know it. And this has very much to do with the problems we are brainstorming to move against, because a broken political system births broken ideas.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Another thing we need to do is to get ourselves a decisive voice.
He may not be running for the presidency like the other 2 puppets, but I could think of no one better to galvanize this whole thing than Dr. Ron Paul.
We need to start a massive campaign to inform Dr. Paul of our plight.
As if he did not fully understand it already.....
For the past 20 something years His is the only voice that stands out as the most sincere. He is not afraid to tell it like it is. For better or for worse.
Email away..

He will be the glue that holds this all together.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My .02, and I know this will be unpopular with some, is think humanism, not religion.

Stop allowing one's personal beleifs to be such a driving wedge.

If you beleive in God, the be content that he will judge everyone with the "wrong" belief after death, and if you don't beleive in God, just ignore the beleifs of those who do.

Then start to think abotu what is the best way to improve life for every single human being while we are still here on Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I'd like to see campaign signs that actually have no name on them. I'd like to see a campaign sign that says something along the lines of "These are my choices??" or "3rd political party anybody?". And I'd like to see these Everywhere to remind people that you shouldn't feel compelled to make gut-wrenching decisions.

How about "NONE OF THE ABOVE" ?
I like the idea.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

In god we trust. On all of our currency.
So much for the separation between church and state huh?
Been noting that little faux pah for years.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

We need to start a massive campaign to inform Dr. Paul of our plight.

I've already sent an email to him. I would suggest that once we get a name for our movement, we all send emails. We need to organize first, and make sure we can enlist hundreds of thousands of people. It can be done. Each person here contact 10 of their friends, and they contact 10 friends, etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
May I Suggest "Americans against corporate government"
Or
Taxpayer Boycott Movement

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

In god we trust. On all of our currency.
So much for the separation between church and state huh?
Been noting that little faux pah for years.

My congressman participated in a bill to officially recognize the good of Christianity.

At the moment I'm proud of him, though, because he said "No means no" on the bailout.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Today I thought of having a mini underground paper that would be distributed to "random" stores. By random, I mean that the location would change frequently to avoid retribution. No personal names on it, just links to websites, and quotes from our forefathers that would directly pertain to the times we are facing. Their are so many, both sites full of truth, and catchy phrases that nail what is happening, right now.

I think spreading the truth through a physical means would get a lot of people started in the right direction, who are not of the type to be on sites like this

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
May Suggest "Americans against corporate government"

That's a good one... I hate it when people makes ones that say something like "Nazi Amerika" because I think the shock value overwhelms the message.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

In fact, the PTB always use two opposing forces to drive a wedge between the people, thus ensuring a weak populace that can't act as one. Religion, Political parties, North versus South, East versus West, Conservative versus Liberal, they are ALL used to drive a wedge between people.

A movement must have one united stand. As soon as factions develop, unity ends. A movement must have people from all groups, all economic strati, all religions and beliefs, all cultures. It cannot exclude ANYONE based upon categories because then it loses its power.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We need this to go viral. Although Dr. Paul might be the easiest example of "somebody else", we can send as many emails as we want and tell everyone we know. It's too little, too late this time around.

But once we have a real group name, a real message, I want to see these signs go up. I want to see a website. Bumper stickers. We need to have this message be strong every year leading up to an election, and not just during the most crucial of times.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join