It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im too young for this forum!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Im curious about this forum (and by this forum i mean ATS). everyone seems to be around the age 24 and well over. so! i think i might be too young for all you guys!

im wondering how old you are, if you dare to answer!

im 19

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I hope you're not to young, I'm only a year older myself.
A lot on this site is more your mental age anyway... and when it comes to that, it seems some folks are still in diapers...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

lol, ive noticed

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm 14, have been on this site for almost 2 years and have made a lot of friends, no one talks down to me because of my age and the posts I make are taken as seriously as any others. (I think
)

Roswell.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i am currently eighteen, i have been on this site for years YEARS, i lost track of all the time, don't worry you aren't too young

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Age is just a Number. Its the mental-age, and the way you conduct yourself on the board that is important.

For the longest time, I didn't want anyone knowing my age, or the fact that I was girl for that matter. I got over that after a few months here.

If you can produce a well-written post, not be wishy-washy, and understand that when you disagree with a member, its the POST you should be concerned with, NOT the member themselves, You'll be fine!

There are lots of people on the board who are clearly older, but, you wouldn't know it by the way they interact with others. AND, there are people who are Younger, and don't act it at all. Its all about how YOU conduct yourself
Forget age, it's just a number assigned to you - it has no bearing on whether your are smart enough, or intellegent enough, or mature enough to be here....

Just my thoughts!

- Carrot

PS. I'm 22

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sorry! Double Post!!

edit: to delete.

[edit on 10/22/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yes Im afraid that ATS/BTS has now restricted it's membership to those over the age of 21, Im sorry kiddies your going to have to leave now.

Im kidding,

As long as you have a brain in your head, no one is going to care how old you are

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No! You are not too young for this forum! Intelligence is something that cannot be measured by age. Don't doubt yourself. I see and interact with members who are as diverse in age as they are in their beliefs on a regular basis. Every one of them are awesome, and I consider them friends.
Take a deep breath, chill, and feel welcome in the ATS Family.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm 37, and I treat the younger members the same way as the older members.
You are a person, as are we all, and I will treat you equally.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm 47 and it really is just a number.
As long as you have something to say concerning the topics we discuss on ATS/BTS then there will be people here to listen. I was giving someone advice on getting a job yesterday, and that member is 14.

These boards give everyone an equal opportunity to have a voice.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
im not worried that im too young, and im not new to the forums. ive been on here for years. im just curious if my speculation of age population here at ATS is correct or not.

I agrea that (in the ouside world and sometimes even here) age is thought of corsely. Too many people relate age with intelligence.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

There are a lot of people of a lot of different ages. I'm 19 years old myself, but, I've been here since, I was 14 years old on other accounts.

Age doesn't matter.

I think you'll find your 14 year olds, your 16 year olds, your 20 year olds, your adults, your grandpas, all kinds of age groups here.

ATS doesn't go after a specific age group. It gets a large target audience. You'll see everyone.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ignorance knows no age. Neither does wisdom.

You are just right for this forum.

I am almost 62. Well, my body is anyway. I feel much younger in my heart.

When I read a post I do not think of the posters age. I am interested in the quality of the post.

Rock on young people........I love and appreciate you.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Ignorance knows no age. Neither does wisdom.

You are just right for this forum.

When I read a post I do not think of the posters age. I am interested in the quality of the post.

I concur.

I have read some pretty insightful post from the younger members.

& i am 33

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As many have said, age is irrelevant.

It's what you have to say that's important to us. We want to hear what you think about the topics we discuss, we want to share your point of view and enter into further debate on whether the points you make in a post are valid or complete poop.

Age means nothing.
Intelligence is a bonus, but not necessary. I come here to learn from those that know more than me and I try to share the knowledge I have with those that want to know more. I even see young people here doing research for a school project or paper, but I think ATS is a good resource for students wanting to submit an assignment on alternative topics.

Even if the Mod lombozo sets his 5 year old son up with an account I'll treat Little lombozo with the same respect I treat a member that's well past the half century mark.

Members have questioned the T&C, and some say it's too strict, but I see the wisdom of the owners. The T&C allows members of every age to participate on the boards.

I do have one suggestion though.
I would like to see a chat room for the kids, KIDS ONLY, with a good moderator to keep an eye on it. Established ATS members could sign their children in with a password so they could participate.
It could be a safe space for them to go on-line and chat without worrying about all the trash that the www has to offer.

new topics

top topics

join