It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian news program reports on Turkey UFO sighting - wow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Exactly right - i started the thread to ensure little bits n pieces like this dont go unnoticed.

This is one small piece of evidence in the case of the news media intentionally changing its position on UFO related phenomena, likely on course to disclosure.

As stated previously, it isn't up to the producer how many UFO stories s/he runs - its more likely how they are advised from their boss and their boss's boss.

If all of us take the time to post when we see such stories then an obvious trend will be visible (as if it isnt already anyway) and we can notice any increases or decreases in frequency.

Anyway, it would also be great to be able to show everyone the clip just for curiosity sake too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yeah yesterday I posted the same video after it came up as breaking news. If you look at the ten news video they said it was shot this year but if you look at the bottom of the screen it had last years date on it. This has already been discussed.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Actually all that the mainstream media are picking up on and re-broadcasting, is the original video posted at vimeo.com by 'fox muldaur' who is Haktan Akdogan chairman of Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center. He no doubt made the mainstream media very aware of the video.

vimeo.com...

It is nice to see mainstream media giving some creedence to this. It will be a shame if it is a hoax. If it were a hoax, such would be very harmful to groups such as Sirius. I wonder if this video has been analysed by independent experts as was 2007 video? Sirius's findings are supposedly going to be made known at the UFO data International Conference on 25 October 2008 www.ufodata.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen crptocorona here tried to view turkish ufo clips however evryone s no longer available.
Australian free-to-air tv network, Channel 10, last night reported on the Turkey UFO video in an extremely serious manner during its Late News program (not late late, about 10pm - many viewers)

I almost fell off my chair when i saw the footage on national television.

I cannot locate a clip of the news report anywhere but i remember clearly how it was presetned.

The reporter, Sandra Sully, did not report it as one of those 'novelty' stories at the end of the broadcast, it all very serious.

From memory (and i paid close attention) her wording was along the lines of:

"What you are about to see is very likely the most amazing footage ever captured, or it's a hoax.

Turkish research group, Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center, released the footage which shows an unidientified metallic object hovering in the skies above Turkey.

UFO experts believe the footage shows alien beings on board the ship.

Experts have confirmed the footage is not computer animation, any kind of natural or space phenomena or a military exercise of any kind."

This is very close to what was said.

Now i don't know about anyone else but this to me is a massive sign of change.

The footage was not ridiculed in any way shape or form and was dealt with extremely seriously. Any non-believer out there and even someone who had not seen the footage would have been stunned to see the news handle it so seriously.

The course to full disclosure certainly seems well on track!

(Please feel free to hunt down the news piece - i have tried and failed)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's not fake because he's filming the incident close-up. In other words, for all we know, this could be a beer mat in someones jacket pocket. That accounts for why there's nothing else captured on film, like the ground, a nearby lamp post - zilch, zip, nada. Nothing to see here, folks.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I got the dvd clip today ,

really good anchor reporting from sandra sully,reminded me of somthing from the movie signs, went somthing like this (at different moments)

"what you are about to witness is the most extrodinary video or a hoax"

"If you believe it, what you are seeing appears to be 2 entity's aboard the craft"

"experts who examined the video say its a genuine video, not computer generated, not weather or natural phenomina"

her reporting was very liberal and the most respectful on this subject that i have seen thus far, i got chills, not from the video but from some of the words she used,

I cant believe mainstream media actually entertained the notion that there was 2 alien beings that were visible from inside of the craft.

wether the producers are getting orders from higher up (as suggested by someone else here on this forum to diminish the reporting's) is irrelivant because i think we all know mainstream media are highjacked by rogue groups with their own agenda's,

this simply means that channel 10 are being allowed to show these video's or they are showing these video's on their own accord without orders to do so, either way its positive.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by typenicknamehere

Nice - cant believe you actually got it, good stuff.

Any chance of posting the clip online?

This pretty much sounds right, the way you described it. And yes, the reporter took it as seriously as any other topic. Which is very interesting~!

I haven't been able to check if i got an reply yet as i was made redundant the day i sent the email (thanks to the financial crisis haha) and havent gone back yet to clean up my stuff and do last email check.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
More media interest,check this piece out from the "daily Mirror"(high brow UK broad sheet that leans to the left owned by Piers Morgan)

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
here is the news clip if your interested

au.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by typenicknamehere
"what you are about to witness is the most extrodinary video or a hoax"
"If you believe it, what you are seeing appears to be 2 entity's aboard the craft"

Nearly 9pm that night, I saw a quick promo for that news story on the late news with Sandra Sully. Too tired, I couldn't be stuffed sitting up to watch it, so I went to bed.

Dude, I don't believe a word of it. Look at the part I clipped from your quote... As serious as Sandra was (she's never animated, anyway) she was reading from a script.

When they introduce a story as being either "event A" or "event B", they leave themselves with no middle ground for events C, D, etc... I've seen better stories on the TV lately than that one, as the other stories don't present the initial dichotomy, where you must choose to believe it or not.

I don't buy it and I think it's a load of crap. They're TELLING us, through Sandra, that it's either real or fake - but they offer no proof that it is real. It's a fairly weak attempt to sway some opinion, or acting like the reporting is unbiased but in no way does it amount to anything approaching disclosure. I bet they would be having an off-air giggle, knowing that they just pulled one over the sheeple viewers.

While appearing to be 'neutral' or even 'favourable' to the story, Channel 10 have merely dangled a knowingly false carrot in front of some suckers.

When they KNOW that they have the real deal, it won't be breaking news at 10.30pm... it will cut live into whatever show they are currently running and it will stay on screen for as long as the ratings remain higher than Channel 7, 9, 2 and SBS.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

your missing the point

Of course she was reading from a script i have no doubts about that, most if not all anchors do.

It dosnt matter if the video is real or fake the point of this thread was to point out that as oppose to 10 years ago the reportings are being reported with a conscious effort to be taken seriously,

wether the network is taking orders to report them more seriously or they are actually reporting them with more respect on their own accord is beside the point ,

the fact is 10-15 years ago when you saw UFO stories they had(on purpose) hill billy ,red neck ,southern freaks as witness's on the news saying "duh.. i is.. saw a UFO" who no one would believe anyway,

you dont see that anymore on any international network, as appose to patrionising people they are leaving you the question to make up your own mind.

BTW "it will cut live into whatever show they are currently running"

thats not going to happen, orson wells did that on a radio broadcast some 60-70 years ago, although it was a prank some citizens committed suicide out of fear, i dont think we are that nieve today but i think thats why these reporting being made today are gradual and through a drawn out process to condition people or maybe even prepare people ,who koows

after c-buzz and twice myself tried to clarify what the point of this thread was about i hope we dont get anyone trying to convince anyone else that the video is fake

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join