It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian news program reports on Turkey UFO sighting - wow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Australian free-to-air tv network, Channel 10, last night reported on the Turkey UFO video in an extremely serious manner during its Late News program (not late late, about 10pm - many viewers)

I almost fell off my chair when i saw the footage on national television.

I cannot locate a clip of the news report anywhere but i remember clearly how it was presetned.

The reporter, Sandra Sully, did not report it as one of those 'novelty' stories at the end of the broadcast, it all very serious.

From memory (and i paid close attention) her wording was along the lines of:

"What you are about to see is very likely the most amazing footage ever captured, or it's a hoax.

Turkish research group, Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center, released the footage which shows an unidientified metallic object hovering in the skies above Turkey.

UFO experts believe the footage shows alien beings on board the ship.

Experts have confirmed the footage is not computer animation, any kind of natural or space phenomena or a military exercise of any kind."

This is very close to what was said.

Now i don't know about anyone else but this to me is a massive sign of change.

The footage was not ridiculed in any way shape or form and was dealt with extremely seriously. Any non-believer out there and even someone who had not seen the footage would have been stunned to see the news handle it so seriously.

The course to full disclosure certainly seems well on track!

(Please feel free to hunt down the news piece - i have tried and failed)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeah and channel 7 had a serious report on UFO's and Aliens a few days ago. Channel 7 even showed documents from the FOIA, and also interviewed a woman believing that she is an Alien and even gave her a lie detector test and she passed it.

Disclosure is very close

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
'Flying saucer' filmed in Turkey

''THIS astonishing video footage is claimed to be the "most important images of a UFO ever filmed" – and is said to even depict ALIENS.

The shots were captured by night guard Yalcin Yalman in a compound in Turkey earlier this year.

The 42-year-old and a number of residents claim the UFOs were spotted over a four month period between May and September near the compound in Istanbul.

He said: “I don’t know what these things are. We filmed them several times and they are totally unknown to us. I was very excited when I saw them and I want the world to know that UFOs do exist”.

Almost two-and-a-half hours of footage was filmed featuring a variety of objects ranging from incredible flying saucer-type 'craft' to clustering orb-like lights hovering in the night sky.

Genuine

The clips were handed to the Sirius UFO Space Science Research Centre in Turkey who interviewed witnesses and painstakingly combed through the footage frame by frame.

International UFO researcher Haktan Akdogan said: "In this amazing video footage, physical forms of UFOs and their metallic structures are clearly noticeable.

"What is more important is that in the close-up of some footages of the objects, entities in them can be distinctly made out."

He continues: "We have spoken with all of the witnesses and had detailed analysis conducted on all two-and-a-half hours of footage.

"After conducting all of the analysis we came to the conclusion that this video footage is 100 per cent genuine.

"The objects filmed are structured objects and are not the result of misidentification or natural phenomena, aircraft or astronomical objects.

Advertisement

"They are not the results either of any kind of computer animation. Now is it a time for world governments to acknowledge the reality of UFOs."

He added: "The images captured on film are expected to have a tremendous impact throughout the world and they are the most important UFO images ever caught on camera."

The footage will be revealed at the UFO Data Magazine annual conference in Pontefract, West Yorks, on October 25.

And it has earned the seal of approval from British experts.

UFO Data Magazine editor Russell Callaghan said: "This video footage from Turkey, if authentic, represents a serious challenge to science. I can honestly say that this footage is truly unique."

www.thesun.co.uk...

you dudes have pictures(3) and the video on the ''SUN'' link!

Cheers for the OP

[edit on 22-10-2008 by SpaceSilence]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This video has been and is being discussed on another thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi guys, first time poster

I rang channel 10 a few minuts ago ,got put through to a lady in archives, she said the clip will not be shown again in any repeat segments ,she said she will email me the clip in 30min,

thats 2 seperate ufo stories in 2 days for channel 10 and handled with respect which is amazing,

when i asked her if ufo stories are going to be a more frequent thing now because i found it strange that there was 2 stories in just 2 days, she said

"i can say thats up to the producer"

which is true anyway ,srsen i would suggest ringing 10, i was suprised to hear the lady herself recommended that she email me the clip, details below from the 10 website

Network TEN Locations
Sydney
1 Saunders St
Pyrmont, NSW 2009
GPO BOX 10, Sydney, NSW 2001
Ph: 02 9650 1010
Fax: 02 9650 1111

btw great website , i am a member of the blackvault forum, but you guys have so much more in the way of aliens/ufo

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How is this a duplicate thread? I thought the OP was pointing out how the news channel was reporting a UFO event in a serious manner. Issues such as disclosure could come up...not just the "video" that is being talked about on the other post. We could also find other news reports about OTHER UFOs on the news and have an interesting conversation. So, I hope people post away.

I remember our local news reporting about the Phoenix Lights, and it had a serious tone. It surprised me to see that type of story alone side the "normal" news.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wish there'd been more background on the cam recording.

It just looks to me as if he's recorded something close up on 'macro' record.

There's just something about the 'shake' in some of the sequences..Like when I used to bump my microscope and it oscillated but returned to the image.

(But it is nice seeing it given more than just a novelty slot on MSM.)

[edit on 22-10-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
typenicknamehere,

Well done - great work! And thank you so much for making the call!

Please keep us posted if you get the clip and of course post it here as soon as you can - i would love to archive it in my personal collection also!!

I work in a fairly small office so would not be able to make the call during business hours so i GREATLY appreciate you making the call! I Really hope you get the clip.

Otherwise i will try over the weekend, that's if the Channel Ten archives department remains open outside standard business hours

Phage,

yes, another poster said it but my intention with this thread is not so much to discuss the clip itself but more the fact that it was shown in the MSM and handled very seriously. This a change is it not? And quite rare for Australian TV news too may i add.

Let's hope we can find the clip!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i read srsen's post and i was happy to see it was very similar to my post that i put up on the blackvault about the ufo story the day before.

It shows collectivley we are seeing the same thing happen in our media

i was commenting on the pilot who was ordered to shoot down a ufo, here it is below.

"i read this yesterday on ninemsn (australian news website) listed in the "top stories" section which is not common for australian media,

also today heard it on the radio as one of two top stories to be shown on channel 7 news ,then saw it on channel 10 news a few minutes ago.

the story itself is not amazing but it has been broadcast widely in australia, sydney anyway and the good thing is that this time the story was not left as the light hearted last minute segment of the news.

hope we get more like this."

www.theblackvault.com...

as i said this kinda shows that there has been a swing in the way these stories are handled as there are two of the same opinions in mine and srsen's.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok - update.

Just snuck a call to Channel 10 now.

I asked for the archives department, got put through.

Spoke to a guy (didn't get his name). I asked him whether Channel Ten are able to email me or provide me with a clip of a particular segment from the Late News last night.

He said that they would need an official written request to be submitted which would have to be approved by Channel Ten management before any clips would be sent out to me.

He then asked me what i specifically was after.

I said i was hoping to get the clip of the news report regarding the Turkish UFO which was aired last night.

He then changed tack and told me to hold the line and he'd put me through to archives - i thought i was laready in archives. He put me on hold

About 5 seconds later he said the line was busy but that i could call back on (02) 9650 1231.

So i called the number and spoke to a girl named Francesca.

She asked what i was after, i explained, she said to email pscott@networkten.com.au to outline what footage i was after, why i wanted it and if it was to be used in any other broadcast.

So i will now do this and let you guys know what happens.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is the reply that i just got from philippa from 10 news, also at no point did i ever ask her to email me the news clip ,she advised me that she would email it and now telling me she wants to post it on DVD ,

since she was so eager and generous i was going to ask her if she could compile every news segment that 10 has ever shown on ufo's onto the dvd,

this would show the gradual change in the way ufo news used to be reported and how they are reported today

Philippa Morley to me
show details 5:01 PM (19 hours ago) Reply

Hi

Unfortunately because of the size of the clip it can't be emailed. If you send me a postal address I can send you a DVD copy instead.

Regards
Philippa

Philippa Morley
Senior News Librarian - Ten News

Network Ten
1 Saunders Street
Pyrmont NSW 2009

Ph: 02 9650 1231
Fax: 02 9650 1124

www.ten.com.au
Network Ten Pty Ltd ABN 91 052 515 250
Network Ten Disclaimer
This e-mail (including all attachments) is intended solely for the named addressee. If you receive it in error, please let us know by reply e-mail, delete it from your system and destroy the copies. This e-mail is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner. E-mails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an e-mail purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
email sent to pscott@network.com.au - here it is if interested:

I would like to obtain a clip from a segment which aired on the Ten Late News on Wednesday 22 October 2008 and was advised to email yourself with the request.

The segment in question was regarding a UFO sighting in Turkey and the accompanying footage.

I am an amateur researcher who would like to acquire this footage for my personal collection and to show others. The clip will not be re-broadcast.

Any questions can be directed to xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.com

Thank you for your assistance with this – please advise an approximate time-frame on receiving the clip.

Have a nice day

Now we play the waiting game....

edit: Just wanted to say that i don't really consider myself an "amatuer researcher" - i just thought it would sound good in the email

[edit on 22-10-2008 by srsen]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by typenicknamehere

Holy cr@p - awesome! They're going to send a DVD?? Let's hope i get lucky on this too!

That would be brilliant if she were to compile a UFO dvd as you requested, let's cross our fingers!!

Well mate, between the two of us i think we should be able to secure the footage!

Good stuff!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i was going to ask her for a compilation but ill wait for this one clip first,

also when she told me that it would be up to the producer, (when i asked her aboute possible future ufo stories)

i replied in my email and asked for the producers direct email address, although i dont think i will get that far.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I caught the report as well, and I was surprised to see it in the mainstream news rather then at the end of the news with a tongue in cheek.

If the mainstream media is finally changing the way these reports are portrayed, its certainly a step in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Dammit I missed that one. More info:

www.news.com.au...

C-BuZz

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nice clip but I don't think it is real.

What killed it for me was the progression and the climax in the middle depicting the 2 "beings" seemingly standing in an open air mid section of the craft. I just have a feeling that you can't just roll back the "canopy" to enjoy the sun like two rockers in a 3rd generation Camaro. & the craft didn't seem terribly well designed on the exterior. I could definitely be wrong and really hope I am. The push for disclosure needs to stay on course without too many hoaxes & setbacks.

I would love to feel otherwise and am open to more data on the camera used, location.

Another thought. With the UFO films heating up in the middle east it might be a good time for the main governments of the planet to open up more. If there is any big secret, it's soon going to come out as full disclosure becomes a bargaining chip of rogue nations.

Will see when I get a high def animation.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't know what all the fuss is about the Turkish UFO clip, it has FAKE!! written all over it. Being Turkish myself I can understand what they are saying, and my friends I can honestly tell you, its BS. As for Channel 10, they are just trying to jump on the bandwagon of the media game to get a little more rating. Plus, who cares if It was shown in Australian TV, that does not make this clip in question any more authentic.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Aussie media is cited quite frequently as being the most monopolistic in the world

In other words, the Aussie media is not independent by any stretch of imagination as to what it may 'report'. In fact, it's said that only one Adelaide newspaper, of all those in the nation, is actually independent.

Thus, the Aussie media reports what it's told to report

And Murdoch does most of the 'telling'

Therefore, the poor Aussie media and those who pride themselves on being journalists (when in fact they're merely allowed to put their own stamp on regurgitated US and UK news) are required to toe the party line

And it is highly apparent that the powers that be are priming the Sheepies for that 'UFO-alien invasion' we've been promised.

The reasons they're priming us to expect and accept as true this phony-baloney 'UFO-alien invasion' are as numerous as there are conspiracy theories. Some of them are bound to hold a grain of truth.

So ... just about every single nation in the world has been 'reporting' UFOs with increasing frequency lately.

Guess the Rupture will soon be premiering in a sky near you

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cooljayman
I don't know what all the fuss is about the Turkish UFO clip, it has FAKE!! written all over it.

Most of us already know that.

Originally posted by cooljayman
Plus, who cares if It was shown in Australian TV, that does not make this clip in question any more authentic.

Nobody said it did. We are more excited about the fact they are actually broadcasting somthing related to UFO's in general. Not the fact that this is fake.

C-BuZz

top topics

<<   2 >>

join