It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd things appearing in games...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have recently noticed that a lot of conspiricy related stuff has been appearing in Command and Conquer Generals and its expansion pack Zero Hour. Some things include the nuke cannon, Aurora Bombers, Anti-Missile Laser Defense Systems, Particle Beams, un maned drones with guns on them, and Microwave Tanks!!! Is it just me or could there be a connection with this game and the Department of Defense, or does most of this probably just come off of this very website. I've also seem the rail gun in Red Faction II. I have also seen Third Ecelon, microwave guns for jamming cameras, in Tom Clancys Splinnter Cell. So either I live in a cave or something.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sounds like a cave to me, I believe there was a recent thread on a nuclear cannon that was built in the 60's but never been used in combat...

was a website too that showed video of it.

Not sure about all of them though, but todays science fiction is tomorrows science fact they say.

Rail Gun I don't think is like in Red Faction yet, I know they've been trying to make one. I am sure you can find plenty about Aurora on this site too.

I suggest looking through the Weaponry forum www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This really has nothing to do with the conspiracy dealio, but Metal Gear Rex in Metal Gear Solid had a rail gun, so Red Faction II wasn't the first place.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Not sure about all of them though, but todays science fiction is tomorrows science fact they say.

creepy though....all i can think of is terminator...
its only a matter of time until we're run by machines..

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If I was designing a game with weapons in it, the cooler the better. Its like when Hot Wheels makes concept cars. It makes people feel special like they are on the inside of something and it carries that G-Man sort of coolness. Don't see how game developers would need a connection with the DoD or that the DoD would care too much about them. (There was that Conflict Desert Storm though.)
Many games are made from concepts in books.
You found this information on the internet, they can too. Besides, its not like they know how to make them.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
FF and LoZ sometimes hit you like a hammer.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Sounds like a cave to me, I believe there was a recent thread on a nuclear cannon that was built in the 60's but never been used in combat...

was a website too that showed video of it.

Rail Gun I don't think is like in Red Faction yet, I know they've been trying to make one. I am sure you can find plenty about Aurora on this site too.

I suggest looking through the Weaponry forum www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Lysergic]

The Nuke Cannon got use in Korea, never used but was on the lines to scare. Saw that on Mail Call the other day.

I guess they had a Shoulder Rocket Nuke version too. Thats sounds dangerous

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Back in those days they even had nuclear tipped anti-aircraft missiles. Seems to me that I remember Mattel putting out a "working" model of the atomic cannon for sale to us millions of little bright-eyed baby boomer boys to play and dream with.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
In the same line, does anyone remember the Microprose game UFO (or X-Com) back in early 90's? The aliens in that game used the Elerium-115 as fuel for their ships, a stable element not naturally existing on earth!

Strange coincidence or...?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That makes me nervous and strangely hopeful after reading any of William Gibson's fiction. Funny though because i was reading an old interview with Gibson the other day and he mentioned that he was highly dubious of any claims that his work predicted any future aspects. He pointed out that in his work nobody ever has a cellphone! How much of a prophet could he be if he could not even foresee the advent of handheld communication devices?

Will try and post more after i read his newest work.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
they intentionally put those in games, its no coincidence.

Everyone thinks of the unknown, and wonders what it could be like.

why not use conspiracies and legends to sell a game?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The games are just trying to be realistic... I mean, if youre trying to predict what war will be like in 20 or so years, why not use concepts from today's millitary

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Nothing is ever a coincidence. This is done for obvious reason I feel. Gamers want "today's" technology in realism based games, even if it borders on "skunkworks" type weapons or aresenal.

Working on a game right now that will use some of today's "techonology" and tomorrow's ideas. Guess we will have to wait to see what gamers actually think of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm sure that many programmers and designers are aware of, and are likely members of sites like this one. They probably just see or hear of these weapons and think 'wow, that might be cool, let's try and slot it in.' Many computer games are all about creating 'what if' scenarios and immersing ourselves in an imaginary but quite possible world.

This thread makes me want to play Deus Ex all over again

new topics

top topics

join