It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

acorn did not commit voter fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Registering a false name is not voter fraud. I know they said ACORN signed up Mickey Mouse, but I doubt Mickey Mouse is going to show up on voting day to try and cast their vote. What ACORN did was pay people to register others to vote. If you get paid more for signing more people up, of course you're going to see quite a bit of fake sign-ups. This is in no way voter fraud. All the false sign-ups are _NOT_ going to be showing up on election day to cast a vote, so whats the big deal about? The right wants you to think that ACORN helps citizens of lower income to register to vote, and then they lead you to believe that poorer people tend to vote democrat. This is nonsense, I know plenty of dirt poor people and they are almost always staunch republicans to the death. No gun toting redneck zipping around in his busted up Iroc-Z is going to vote democrat.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 10/22/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

They committed fraudulent voter registration. That affects donations and turnout.

ACORN endorsed Barack Obama. His campaign donated over $800,000 to a subsidiary of ACORN.

www.gop.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by gopher mines

They committed fraudulent voter registration. That affects donations and turnout.

ACORN endorsed Barack Obama. His campaign donated over $800,000 to a subsidiary of ACORN.

www.gop.com...

Good for him. Im sure some of the more flagrant disregard to the laws may have something to do with the fact that diebold is a republican backed company that just doesnt give a # about the laws and democracy.
Not only was their voter fraud that was caught red handed in the Florida counties. But there was also some in Ohio...that even thought they were fraudulent, got counted regardless. In Columbus, Ohio, 4258 votes were recieved for GW and only 638 votes were cast for him.
Its just #ing sickening to say the least. As time goes on not only with our "democratic election system" but most forums of government. Im getting so angry I feel something that I would never have wished in my life.
That we do have a revolt.
That we do hold all these elitis's accountable for the damage theyve done. From these bankers that could of and should have started programms to help out the people that are losing there homes and didnt....because they still get theres whether the bank fails or not. To the hundreds of profiteers from the wars.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Douggie]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Registering dead people, non-existent people, cartoon characters, is fraud.

Higher numbers equals more government money. Would ACORN had received 38 MILLION DOLLARS of our tax money, if they had presented Congress their TRUE numbers?

i.e. What gets ACORN more money....saying we registered 1 million new voters, or saying we registered two hundred thousand new voters? (These numbers are just examples)

That is just a small part of the fraud ACORN is committing without getting into fraudulent voting.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Technically you were correct, but as of today there have been ACTUAL attempts by ACORN registered Voters in casting fraudulent votes. ACORN did allow for Absentee Ballot casting as well, when individuals signed up for Registration. Casting an Absentee Ballot is voting.

Not to mention that ACORN does target Black Americans, especially during this Election Season, and for obvious reasons. Other groups which are off-shoots of ACORN have been doing the same exact thing, in other states, most of which are "Swing-States". Come on, do not fool yourself about ACORN, these "Nuts" are under investigation by both Political Parties, and rightfully so. The FBI is not going to raid offices simply because they are bored, they have credible information of ongoing Voter Fraud.

I wonder if anyone has registered J. Edgar Hoover yet

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Nice try Barak........................or is this Joe boy?

Acorn is 1916 russia..............or 1932 germany

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Douggie

Originally posted by Douggie

Good for him. Im sure some of the more flagrant disregard to the laws may have something to do with the fact that diebold is a republican backed company that just doesnt give a # about the laws and democracy.

So are you trying to justify the fraud committed by ACORN?

The past is gone. We should have learned from the past and worked to imprrove things, not stand up for a fraudulent candidate and organization.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I don't have the link for it, but it's in the public domain...I just wanted to remind folks that McCain spoke at a big fundraiser for Acorn in 2006, and he had nothing but good things to say about them. The organization is really big, and these cases are few and far between. Investigation into the matter continues and if someone does this they are fired and prosecuted period. But it's not voter fraud. As the OP said, it's registration fraud. Nevertheless the fact that the right wing and fox television news has made this the centerpiece of the McCain campaign suggests desperate times when they feel the need to make a mole hill into a mountain and present it as a partison issue. Meanwhile the economy is down the drain but god forbid anyone talk about the real issues here and how we plan to fix things..."distract, baby, distract"!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud

Mitchell was convicted last year and spent nearly three months in prison. He's one of the few ACORN workers convicted of voter registration fraud.

The secretary of state called it "the worst case of voter registration fraud in the history of the state of Washington." ACORN was fined $25,000 and ordered to improve its oversight.

The group is under investigation in 10 states for voter registration fraud, and Republican presidential candidate John McCain's campaign has accused ACORN of trying to rig the election for Democrats."

ACORN hired and supervised these people. These people represented ACORN.

Are the CEO's of companies, their policies and the employees they ordered to adhere to those policies responsible for the financial crisis and the bailout?

top topics

join