It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Insult My Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have started this thread to state a few things firstly, people around my age where i love are incredibly stupid, and secondly, i don't take kindly to having my intelligence insulted by a group of people who couldn't figure out how to screw in a light bulb if they worked together, here is my story.

School had just gotten out (3:00) and my bus is early, but I'm the only one there waiting for the bus driver to open the door, and he is reading, so I thought it would be rude to knock on the door to ask him to let me in, so I'm waiting here for less than five minuets and then a group of people who aren't even on my bus appear out of nowhere and start insulting me under there breath, so i say "do you seriously think I'm deaf or are you just that stupid." one of the group responds by saying "he can hear us shhhh." Wow, looks like i have hit a new level of stupid, not only did they just admit to insulting me, when they could have said i was hearing things, but she thought i couldn't hear what she said, anyway, I respond by saying "if I could hear you insulting my I could hear what you said just now." Now, after this they moved away for a while, and came back later and started throwing rocks at me, like were in the second grade, I then proceeded to say "what are you, like three" and they said "shut up you dumba**." They called me a dumba** when I'm the one trying to rationally solve this situation, and they are only throwing rocks, so, i got sick of it, even though i was the only one there i decided to knock on my bus door, and ask him to let me in, the moment the door opened, a rock flew past my head, and hit the DRIVER, so you can guess what happened, they ran, so the driver asked me there names, i told him i only knew a few of the names, but they all go on the bus that was behind him, you can guess what happened after, all of them got in trouble, well this is my rant, its surprising that I'm the only person who had the decency to solve the problem without name calling, or violence, anyone have any thoughts on why these people are so thick-headed?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Have you had trouble with these people before? Or was this a random act of idiocy on their part?

Kudos to you for not getting violent, I think that had I been in your shoes a couple of them might have went home with a broken nose or worse. (course I was a violent kid towards bullies)

Using your brain vs using brawn will get you much further in life, but there is also something to be said about learning how to defend yourself as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I do know how to defend myself, its not like they were any threat to my safety, and this was just a random act of idiocy for all except one of them, i have beaten him down before, he was even expelled for, lieing to a police officer on school property, instigating fights on more than one occasion, and threatening peoples lives by bringing a switchblade to school, he was going to use it on me, but got caught by this police officer, the lieing thing was when he started a fight with me, and he complained to the officer, that i tried to kill him, get this, the officer, wasn't convinced that i tried to kill him, and checked the schools camera footage, and found out that this kid had smacked my in the back with a plank before i hit him, all of this stuff led to his expulsion, grudge much?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

What grade are you in, and, why are you having problems with these people?

Anyone who has a brain would know that it isn't right to act like that without thinking. I mean, for the people doing this to you.

It seems wrong. You should tell people at your school who are in a position to do something about this about your problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You did well but I would have walked up to the "leader" of the group, got right up close to the idiot and said, "I dare you to throw it now". Hopefully, he would have backed off. Because you remained (I'm assuming this is how it happened) where you were, they didn't see you as a threat and continued their pathetic antics.

I agree that brains are better than brawn but sometimes you just have to beat them at their own game. Become the alpha-funking-male, man.

If you can pull it off without touching them, that's much more of an achievement in my books. There's nothing more powerful than making idiots retreat through words/body language, etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
oh man...if you can get a person to back down without even hinting at throwing a punch...they cower like mad

confidence...it does wonders...

hmmm...new ad campaign

Confidence! It's What's For Dinner!

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

What grade are you in

well, I'm in my fifth year of high school, doing cleanup on my remaining credits, I'm not going into the world with half an education, anyway, they are the same age as me, and today they they some more stuff at me, and tomorrow, I'm taking a cell phone to school, and if they try it again, I'm pressing charges, no ifs ands or buts, i wont be pushed around like that.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Are you at a public high-school?

That's your problem.

Don't worry about it. Most of the people at public high-school are there for a joyride. Ignore them... you should try to keep yourself away from them as much as possible and get a new crowd of people to hang out with to distance yourself from them and they'll help you if these punks cause trouble.

I hope that advice helps.

People at public high-schools are dumb (most of them are). Only a few of them are smart, but, the lot of them are stupid like those punks. Just distance yourself from them.

That's just my $.02.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

top topics

join