It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy is that they clearly think we're idiots.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
After following closely the progression of the global depression for the past 5 weeks, I have come to the conclusion that Wall Street, the Fed, the Governments around the world, and the mainstream media clearly think of us as braindead, unobservant imbeciles.

That's good to know that Wall Street, the Fed(up with) and the governments around the world can't be always wrong in whatever they think, say or do.

Shoot me.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
As a completely and totally off topic comment/question, has anyone else noticed a strange but dramatic increase in hard liquor commercials on TV the past few weeks?

I haven't noticed that but just the other day I was checking an investment guide online where they quote the figures for the "best performing sectors". Normally when I look there I see YTD percentage gains for Banking, Industrials, etc. What I saw was all negative numbers with the top performing sector 'only' 14% down YTD. Then I looked at the 'top' sectors and they were: Alcohol and Footware.

When I think of the Great Depression I think of worn out shoes and moonshine.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
When I think of the Great Depression I think of worn out shoes and moonshine.

When I think of shoes, I think of shoeshine, not moonshine. When I think of depression, I think of Prozac and Alexander the Great -- for some reason beyond my control.

I think that the TV commercials made us so pliable to believe anything that the ruling class wants us to believe. Btw, the TV commercials are off topic and should be deleted by the network mods, but they leave them there. Why?

When I smell rat, I think of rating.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

put 'Tobacco' into your mix...

I personally have $666.00 invested in [NYSE: RAI]= ReynoldsAmericanIncorporated (Tobacco)
and i fully expect that 'seed' money ammount to endure !, with whatever market fluctuations may occur.
(in the decade i've held 'RN'->which transformed into 'RAI'
i've grown 3 fold from my initial investment...)
and expect to grow even more in this downturn !

it's called a 'Sin' investment/stock,
The tobacco sector is the only 'Sin' stock i own... others might be 'Liquor'
or 'Adult' magazines/enterprises, or perhaps 'video/Entertainment' ventures...
they are all available on all three US stock-exchanges...if you have the inclination to get Vested

chill & roll with the flow....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join