It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy is that they clearly think we're idiots.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
After following closely the progression of the global depression for the past 5 weeks, I have come to the conclusion that Wall Street, the Fed, the Governments around the world, and the mainstream media clearly think of us as braindead, unobservant imbeciles. For weeks now we've seen the exact same damn headline discussing every triple digit losing day "stocks hammered by fears of global slowdown," "Stocks tumble on fears of global recession," "Markets battered by fears of economic crisis." After 5 weeks of this crap, haven't we reached the point where said "fears" are reality?

Stocks aren't getting castrated because of fears of a slowdown, they're getting kicked in the nads by an all to real recession. "Profit worries" aren't causing the markets to plummet, an absence of profits are. People aren't looking at a "coming" economic crisis, we're standing right here inside an economic crisis that is already here. Enough with the MSM and the talking Pez flip top heads in suits trying to blow smoke up our butts by making this appear to be something that could be prevented or simply may come to pass.

Imagine if we treated our dear leaders like they are treating us. We'd be seeing headlines like "Congress reluctant to dole out tax payer dollars to corporate friends citing fears of being drug out into the streets of DC to be beaten by angry mobs." or "Washington shudders under fears of voter backlash turning ugly." Those should be the real headlines right now, instead everytime I check the headlines on Marketwatch.com and see mention of a "possible" slowdown, I feel like a gang rape victim watching a PSA warning you of the dangers of being raped.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The stock market is run entirely on perception.
That's it and nothing else.

It drives and kills it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree Burdman, it is tiresome. I also agree that the think the American people are idiots. I can't blame them really though. we did vote Bush in twice.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that Wall Street, the Fed, the Governments around the world, and the mainstream media clearly think of us as braindead, unobservant imbeciles

Most of us are...

We are way to consumed with ourselves...

Until a paradigm shift occurs that empowers the citizen to ask questions and take action, we are the imbeciles...sad, but true.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I agree that the denial of this reality is becoming tired. We are in a recession. Global economies are suffering right now. I'm getting sick of all this being talked about like it's 'news', too. The economy is not 'stumbling'. It's fallen flat on it's face.

The MSM at present time, seems to have a firm grasp of the blatantly obvious to the point of annoying redundancy, and a very tenuous understanding of the realities we are all being forced to face now. Nothing is 'coming' or 'possible'. It's here and now!

Updates on yesterdays news and recycled headlines are doing nothing to stem the social uneasiness we see more and more of every day. I'd like to see more news stories on what to do in this financial crisis. Ideas on how to cut corners and stretch dollars. At least stories of this nature lend small amounts of hope.

Talk about light at the end of the tunnel. Don't keep us in the dark, denying that we're hearing echoes. People need to know this is something that we will survive. These times will pass. But it will be hard for most of us. Nonetheless, we will make it through. I have no doubt. Be well.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I agree Burdman, it is tiresome. I also agree that the think the American people are idiots. I can't blame them really though. we did vote Bush in twice.

I just want to straighten something out:

www.infoplease.com...

"We" didn't vote george bush in at all. In 2000 Al Gore got 48.38% of the popular vote, george bush got 47.87% of our votes. Corrupt congressman voted in george bush, because they were probably bribed.

Its not that we're stupid, its that we're powerless.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No, the conspiracy is that they are the idiots, but we still afford them ill deserved respect.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hmm, unemployment rising , countries going bankrupt, costs on food rising and equity disapearing in homes and stocks falling through the floor on a weekly basis.. economic experts saying the ecomonomy is crumbling and this isnt any where near over..

What more does it take to say yes, the economy is crumbling?

Really what more would it take for the people that think all is fine to say the economy is in trouble? I mean what else has to fail, what other companies have to loose there butts and merger to save them, really what even will you say yes the economy is in trouble?

Does it take banks declaring a bank holiday so you cant get your cash out?

Really what will make you believe the economy is in trouble?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSfan

Not only do you fill the stereotype of the MSM considers us to be, you are posting one liners to boot!

If you truly are an ATS fan as your name suggests, you would have understood by now that there are many, MANY intelligent people here on this site!

Im not including myself as one of them, but I share my thoughts from time to time.....

"its no conspiracy....most of you are idiots...."

What a blind, ignorant statement to make!

So with that said...

The problem lies with the smart people however....

There aren't that many of them!!!!!!

People who have chosen to think for themselves are few and far between. The mainstream media relies on the individuals with sponge minds, where anything they throw their way gets absorbed without overview.

This is extremely dangerous as, most of the population are these types. So they are about 98% correct when they assume that the American public are brainwashed fools.

They are taking advantage of the deteriorating minds of this generation.

How many pills are consumed every day to make people feel indifferent toward anything that happens?

Unfortunately there is nothing "we the people" can do about it.

Justice will not be served......Sadly

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
----------------------
Stocks aren't getting castrated because of fears of a slowdown, they're getting kicked in the nads by an all to real recession. "Profit worries" aren't causing the markets to plummet, an absence of profits are. People aren't looking at a "coming" economic crisis, we're standing right here inside an economic crisis that is already here.
----------------------

BRAVO.......

My thoughts exactly, star for that.
Its a house of cards, not just the economy but the whole works.

Peace

"Complexity is an illusion." Confucius

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Stocks aren't getting castrated because of fears of a slowdown, they're getting kicked in the nads by an all to real recession. "Profit worries" aren't causing the markets to plummet, an absence of profits are. People aren't looking at a "coming" economic crisis, we're standing right here inside an economic crisis that is already here. Enough with the MSM and the talking Pez flip top heads in suits trying to blow smoke up our butts by making this appear to be something that could be prevented or simply may come to pass.

Imagine if we treated our dear leaders like they are treating us. We'd be seeing headlines like "Congress reluctant to dole out tax payer dollars to corporate friends citing fears of being drug out into the streets of DC to be beaten by angry mobs."

great points! it is comical really

the question i have is are people just happy that they are lying to us while appearing to care about us, instead of just trying to institute martial law and slap everyone around?

i was watching a show last nite on discovery about the big time ganster/ bank robbers during the great depression and how a lot of the public looked at them like robinhood, because the way they interpreted it, they were stealing from the corrupt rich (bankers) in ways that the "joe 6 pack" wished they could. warmed my heart because these people seemed to grasp the corruption by the money lenders back then and how the fallout always fell on the middle class, while the elite just canabalized the smaller banks and consolidated power.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm noticing something ....different.... from the MSM today. I've been flipping between Bloomberg and CNBC since I got home about 4 hours ago and they're not talking about the usual "upcoming" or "going into" a recession line.

They're saying we're in a recession. A couple of the talking heads said "severe recession." One said something to the effect that a depression is more than just a possibility.

To me this seems a very different tone than I've been hearing for the past few weeks. They're not cheerleading like they have been. I don't know what caused the change, but both channels have a notably different feel from the talking heads.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Interesting. I made this thread based off Marketwatch, money.cnn.com, Yahoo, and google finance all still ridiculously holding onto the same cookie cutter "we may be heading into a slowdown" verbage on their headlines today as they've been using for the past month. I haven't seen any TV news and out of disgust and economic mental fatigue I didn't even listen to Jim Cramer's show on XM this afternoon like I usually do. If they're taking on a doom & gloom position about this, then that is certainly worth noting.

I've found that when they have the fear machines running full bore (as has been the case talking about the pending 800 lb gorilla that could be just over the next rise) things are either already very bad or we're being screwed and it's distractionary. Clearly this hasn't been a case of the news trying to overblow an issue to cause fear as the economy is truely in horrible disarray. Likewise, when the fear machine gets replaced with a defeatist attitude from the media that's gotta signal something seriously bad is headed our way. The TV media has gotta have some major pressure on them from advertisers to keep sugar coating this. Christmas shopping season is right around the corner and those retailers, I'd think, would be riding the press hardcore telling them to make sure everyone believes this crisis is almost resolved and it's safe to rack up a couple grand in card debt to make sure the kiddies have all the new "Made in China" and "Hecho in Mexico" crap under the tree.

As a completely and totally off topic comment/question, has anyone else noticed a strange but dramatic increase in hard liquor commercials on TV the past few weeks? You always saw a couple during games and such, but lately I've seen Johnny Walker, Capt. Morgan, various vodkas, and even some tequilla ads on channels like Discovery, Comedy Central, and even the news channels. I don't recall ever seeing this many of them on TV and the number gets even bigger if you count beers and other alcoholic mixers. I know booze gets you through times of no hope better than hope gets you through times of no booze, but I never thought I'd see such an obvious example of alcohol manufacturers taking advantage of America's woefull emotional state.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I was just coming back to this thread for an update of sorts.
I have Bloomberg on now as the Asian markets are about to open, and the tone has most definitely changed. Bernard Lo said "we have about 20 minutes to go before those sell orders hit the pipe...look out, hard hat on."
Earlier in the hour he welcomed some guests, and one of them had a nervous smile. Bernie said something to the effect of "There's not much to be smiling about, don't try and force it."
Defeatist is exactly the impression I've been getting in the last 45 minutes of this program, and to a lesser degree on other stations and from other talking heads as well. This is not how Bernie normally comes across, and it really got my attention.

Something changed late last night and I don't quite know what it is yet. The Euro taking a cliffdive was an indicator; shortly after it started to drop, the Nikkei started to plunge, then the other markets started, then the European markets went, and we saw what happened with the American markets today. Now we're looking at the very real possibility that Argentina is going to pull an Iceland soon.

I haven't noticed alcohol ads increasing but it would not surprise me in the least. The bars in my town here are hopping like mad.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I feel like a gang rape victim watching a PSA warning you of the dangers of being raped.

I could not agree more. It needs to be called exactly what it is. A recession that will more likely than not turn into a depression.

I have nothing to back this up but I feel that TPTB are using smoke and mirrors to try to keep things afloat until the election. Why? Well it could be they really do think we are stupid and will not blame them for the mess they created or it could be that they want to get out of Dodge before the villagers come with the torches and tar.

By the way, it was just said on CNBC that AU stocks are tumbling after our dismal performance today. And so it goes .....

[edit on 22-10-2008 by seejanerun]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This was all engineered .. orchestrated .. just as the 1929 Great Depression was.

A few years ago, I read a very interesting article about how the Great Depression was orchestrated ... with the crash an integral part of that plan.

And the ususal suspects made a killing then just as they have and are now.

This is a recycled scam. But few who were around in 1929 are still here today. So it's being pulled again --- new victims, new audience.

Sure, they know this will be compared to the 'original' Great Depression, but they figure enough time's elapsed for us to be fuzzy on the details.

We have been programmed to accept that what's happening now is 'unfortunate but unavoidable', so sad, so bad

They didn't have the media in complete lockstep with them last time they pulled this ---- but today, they OWN the media. And where do people obtain their 'information' ? Of course. The media (and that includes 'conspiracy forums'.

They've made off with the money. Simple as that.

And the slime posing as people's 'elected representatives' held the bags for them while they filled those bags with other people's money, savings, etc. And the same slimy elected representatives held the door open for the thieves so they could make a clean getaway.

When a bank's robbed by employees of that bank, it's called an inside job

This has been an inside job

And in order the thieves have time to stash the haul, remove their fingerprints, clean themselves up ---- the media and the slimy elected representatives are talking around and around in circles ... BS, phony science and general spin.

So where are the cops ?

Oh, that's right. There are no cops.

And let's not forget that ALL 'leaders' (scum 'elected representatives' .. with the BIG exception of major-scum himself, the UN-elected PM of Britain) are part of the Gang. ALL of them. They're ALL in it together. ALL playing at hand-wringing. ALL lying and saying they're going to 'steer the people through this'.

BIG of them, huh ? To listen to them you'd think they were doctors promising to help someone who'd deliberately contracted cancer ! Because you've heard them, haven't you, telling us it was OUR greed that caused this.

Gee, thanks, Mighty Leaders, for pretending to be concerned.

Academy Awards for ALL of you --- for managing to stifle your overwhelming urge to laugh in our faces as you tell us you 'lost' OUR money !

And although there were NO cops to protect our interests --- look around. See all the black-suited 'cops' the slime have installed around THEIR perimeter ! See them !

That's to make sure we don't walk up to them -- put a gun in their faces --- and tell them to start explaining .. the TRUTH .. and quick.

It's antics like these ... HEISTS like these ... that the 'powerful leaders' plot and plan during their multi-million dollar junkets that paralyze capital cities for two weeks and cost further billions in lost productivity.

THESE are the plots and antics they're planning when their servant and master, the media, beams stupid photos of the bastards standing in a group wearing idiotic national costumes --- with headings such as 'world leaders meet in Ping Pong to discuss (phony) global warming and how much MORE they can screw out of the sheep in phony taxes.

This was a game of dominos to them. They giggled like little girls as they plotted it out on napkins at exclusive eateries: ' First we'll crash New York .. then the London markets then look .. giggle, giggle ... the rest will go down, boom, boom, boom. Sweet '

It doesn't MATTER which idiot grabs the 'US Presidency' crown !
There are NO 'two major parties'
There IS no 'opposition'

They're all the same gang ! Different heads. Pretending for the sake of the stupid sheep to disagree, to be opposed.

It's the old Good Cop / Bad Cop.

I'd love a re-enactment of the beheadings of the French Revolution, only with US politicians and their money-jiggling cronies up there on the scaffold.

They got away with this in 1929 and they're getting away with it now.

It's not even an original script !

So unless they're stopped .. better go to the library and drag out books containing photos of what people went through after 1929.

Horse meat once a month and think yourselves lucky ?

Men walking the length of the nation seeking work .. any work .. ' I'll sharpen your knives for a cup of coffee, missus ' ?

One thing's for sure, the same characters who orchestrated 1929 organised what's happening now. They got richer. Again. People got screwed. Again. And when people, babies, were starving back in 1929, the thieves responsible were living very high on the hog .. just like the CEOs who were ALLOWED and ASSISTED to steal the world's wealth this time will.

I think it's time a lot of them died, personally.

And I don't care how they die. Just as long as it's very soon. It's the only way they'll learn. It's the only thing that will wipe the smirk off their hideous faces.

Remembe old Poppy Bush confiding to the world that if the Sheep knew what the Bush family had done to them, the Bush family would be hunted down like animals ? And that was ten years or more ago.

No one hunted them down. So they've just kept right on going. And we're talking all their 'money market' buddies and war-mongering sadistic psychopath cronies as well.

But, you know .. so many seem to be relying on aliens from space and rogue (or if you prefer, 'rouge') comets to 'fix things'. Long wait.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I agree.

How "orchestrated" this was is anyone's guess though?? I spend much of my time reading in the Aliens/UFOs forum. People always want to blame "the man" for keeping the aliens a secret. Likewise, many people would like to blame banks and large profiteers for the current crisis. This is partially correct in my estimation. A lot of what we are seeing now is due to the housing market crumbling. The truth is, the average middle income law abiding american has been borrowing against their house for years- more like decades. Now that their houses have lost a good deal of value, all those folks have been knocked back down to reality. Suddenly, they have to actually live off their paycheck (wow imagine that)! No more refinancing and borrowing against your house to buy that 50" plasma tv, Escalade, or another property. All this "money" suddenly not being spent is huge. Let's not forget about all these idiots who should have been in here dicussing important subjects on ATS instead of living out of their means.... all in the name of the "American Dream."

......it's no wonder the Feds, MSM, etc think Joe six-pack is stupid. He is.

edit: star n flag for nice thread

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Scramjet76]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm tired of having our intelligence insulted! They do it right to our face, as if we're too stupid to know what they are saying and they do it behind our backs. They question our ethics, our competance to make decisions and accuse us of bigotry!

Joe Biden:

"He continued, "There are going to be a lot of you who want to go, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision.' Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are
sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."
www.wsws.org...

Michelle Obama

www.rense.com...

There is a number and a time to call African Press International for verification of this article.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
When are people going to WAKE UP! What is going to be the pivotal event that make people realize "Im being used by TPTB and i am sick and tired of it"? Why do the masses get run over by the few? If people would get their heads out of their stink holes we ALL might be in a better place. I dont think to responsibility lies in the gov't. They got us here and we sat by and let them. Its up to US to turn this mess around. These people are playing an imagenary game and hurting real. innocent people in the process. It would be nice if the MSM would do what it was supposed to do and tell people the truth instead of turning on the fog machine. Buy this But that, MESS ON THAT, interest rate Up or DOWN who cares? None of this is real just something made up to say im better than you. BS! The MSM controlls every aspect of our lives from children to adults. These people need to go get real meaningful jobs, learn a trade. DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join