It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain - Enemies wont test me - How ignorant is that statement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I can't believe just how ignorant dare I say dumb the Republican candidate is. This proves McCain is not worthy to be the leader of the United States because anyone with one good eye and half sense knows not to goad enemies by daring them to act, especially one which thinks they get to heaven by blowing up infidels.

Why not spend a half minute in thought before replying something like:

Well I think there are religious factions in the world today that will try to test anyone who comes to be the leader of the United States. My military experience gives me a direct advantage over senator Obama were something like that to ever happen. I think we can be vigilant and strengthen our own internal security and then also try to recognize the direct threat that any kind of radical thinking poses to the American people and join together to try and find out the best defense against such an occurrence.

But No...He has to pump up his chest and say "our enemies wont test me!"

It's like saying to all of the terrorists and those opposed to the policies of the US I'm the king of the hill now try and knock me off.

A childish game to play and a braggadocio childish way to reply. Is this the way we want our possible future leader to think...I hope not!

Enemies won't test me, McCain says

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
He's probably hoping the rest of the world thinks he's actually got a gob full of spinach or something. "oh Sarah! gug, gug, gug, gug!"

Seriously though, it's a pretty arrogant thing to say and a pretty dangerous thing to say too. That kind of talk would pretty much guarantee a punch in the face in a lot of the places I've drank over the years. Given that people's egos are the same the whole world over, I don't think it matters if it's a bar or the world stage, you make that kind of talk and people are going to take you up on it.

When he says "test me" what he actually means is "I won't be on the frontline fighting a war because of this and I'm not the poor sap that has to open my anthrax-infested mail either!" It's American that will get tested, not McCain. It doesn't take a big man to say this when they know they won't be the one actually doing the fighting or dodging the bullets.

Perhaps that's what McCain wants though; perhaps that's his big plan, another big war; and America literally fighting its way out of a recession.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't know if you would call this testing him or not but,

On Al-Qaeda Web Sites, Joy Over U.S. Crisis, Support for McCain

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
But No...He has to pump up his chest and say "our enemies wont test me!"

He's an idiot.

Reminds me of Bush saying, "Bring it on"!

He lives in his own little world.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

McCain - Enemies wont test me

Typical political posturing during an election cycle to try to get votes.

OF COURSE they will test him.
ALL presidents, at all times, throughout their entire term, get tested.

oy! God help us.
Morons to the left and morons to the right.
We are surrounded by morons.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes, of course he will be tested, just as Obama will be tested. The real question is, which of the two is best skilled to deal with a foreign threat?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Biden said Obama is a pincushion waiting to be violated in the first 30 days, and he guarantees Obama will get his response wrong. Now is the time to believe in Biden.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
He just said in an interview that what he meant was he has already been tested and they all know what he is made of and what he would do ..

I agree he reminds me of Bush when he said bring em on .

Seriously how old are these people really ?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
He just said in an interview that what he meant was he has already been tested and they all know what he is made of and what he would do ..

I agree he reminds me of Bush when he said bring em on .

Seriously how old are these people really ?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

Wait - now Biden says he MEANT to say Obama has already been tested??? That's a far cry from his original statement of "Will be tested within the first 6 months of his presidency." And I'd like to know just HOW has Obama been tested and by whom? The ONLY person to come out and ask Obama a tough question was Joe the Plumber. The media has coddled the man to death on the issues!

I'm not buying it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I can't believe just how ignorant dare I say dumb the Republican candidate is.

I'm really sorry to say that I can not figure out which of you is dumber.
CNN or the original OP.
Maybe I am the only one here that actually listened to the interview and NEVER once did he say that they won't test me. Even though CNN put that on their own headline - it is wrong - it was never said, and for you to quote it without investigating, shows your own lack of investigation.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts

I can't believe just how ignorant dare I say dumb the Republican candidate is.

I'm really sorry to say that I can not figure out which of you is dumber.
CNN or the original OP.
Maybe I am the only one here that actually listened to the interview and NEVER once did he say that they won't test me.

Well this is directly from the CNN website...Enemies would not similarly challenge McCain, he said, because he's already been tried.

So if he didn't say it, if CNN issues a redaction it should cover my post.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Even Bush was tested once. He passed and we haven't been attacked in over 7 years.

I'm sure with McCain's military background and his ingenius push for the surge in Iraq, our enemies are going to think twice before messing with him.

Obama on the other hand is going to get constantly bombarded by our enemies, because if Biden believes he will make wrong choices, what do our enemies think he will do?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Obama on the other hand is going to get constantly bombarded by our enemies, because if Biden believes he will make wrong choices, what do our enemies think he will do?

It wouldn't matter if God Himself was elected president, our enemies will still try to attack us. I think the Republicans record of allowing our porus borders and allowing the terrorists to even board the planes speaks for itself.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

McCain - Enemies wont test me

Typical political posturing during an election cycle to try to get votes.

OF COURSE they will test him.

Well even posturing must have limits and not assume that the audience are a bunch of certifiable morons -- except McPalin's campaign seems almost tailored for that kind of people.

new topics

top topics

join