It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joseph "the rapist (allegedly)" Fritzl update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Austrian Horror Dad: I Was 'Born to Be a Rapist'

VIENNA, Austria — Josef Fritzl, the Austrian builder who locked his daughter in a cellar and fathered seven children with her, sees himself as a born rapist, a victim of his own tyrannical mother.

According to the first leaked account of interviews with a forensic psychiatrist, which is due to appear in two Austrian newspapers today, Fritzl hatched his plan to incarcerate his daughter, Elisabeth, while he was in prison for rape.

Read more herewww.foxnews.com...

Looks like he's pulling the old "it's my mother's" fault card! No need to take responsibility when you can blame your mother!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I swear, each time I see an accompanying photo of some recently discovered criminal, I can't help but wonder how on earth someone DIDN'T know there was something wrong. It would be laughable if it weren't so awful, but they nearly always have this fixed maniacal look to them. All the while, the neighbors say "But he seemed like such a nice man!". Come on, people, open your eyes. I certainly hope that anyone looking at the photograph in the linked article would see right away that the man looks insane. God knows I wouldn't want to go near him.

Ah well, let's see what the justice system dishes out this time. The article mentions that "in 1967 he was sentenced to 18 months in prison for brutally raping a 24-year-old woman at knifepoint in her home." Whenever I hear about the sentences given to sexual offenders, I can't help but think that those who decided upon the sentence must have never had intimate knowledge of the aftereffects of sexual offenses. If they had, they would surely know that a few months or years is not nearly enough penance for what is done to a victim. Sexual offenses destroy victims in a way that you cannot really understand unless you have been violated yourself or loved someone who has. The sort of sentences that we give to sexual offenders before allowing them to re-enter society (and create yet more victims) are an embarrassment to civilization. These bastards ought to be strung up like the beasts they are; I have no sympathy for them, none whatsoever. This sort of behavior ought to get you a one-way ticket out of the gene pool, not a short reprieve in prison before you're let out again to continue the hunt.

Edit to add: Gotta love the “I had a mean streak" statement. Sir, I think raping a woman at knifepoint and imprisoning your daughter in a cellar (where you consistently rape her and force her to bear seven of your offspring, three of whom have spent their lives in that cellar) is the result of a bit more than a "mean streak".

[edit on 22/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by malignant_tumor

I read about this in a Norwegian newspaper today also. But I am curious - why do you use the word "allegedly" in the title of your thread? Hasn't it been proven that this very sick individual raped his daughter countless times over the years?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, we all know it to be true,
but hasn't been tried in court yet I do believe.

top topics

join