It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Kennedy try to destroy the Federal Reserve ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have found this :
www.john-f-kennedy.net...

On June 4, 1963, a little known attempt was made to strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the government at interest. On that day President John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order No. 11110 that returned to the U.S. government the power to issue currency, without going through the Federal Reserve. Mr. Kennedy's order gave the Treasury the power "to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury." This meant that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new money into circulation. In all, Kennedy brought nearly $4.3 billion in U.S. notes into circulation. The ramifications of this bill are enormous.

But someone else showed me this :
mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

Myth #9: President Kennedy was assassinated because he tried to usurp the Federal Reserve's power. Executive Order 11,110 proves it. (Last updated 9/4/2000)

Which "debunks" my first link

I believe that Kennedy was a real president not a made one, and he worked for the people of USA and tried to get rid of the Federal Reserve.
I cannot understand very well that Order 11110, can someone tell me what exactly is with it ?
I am ready to accept the fact that it was not an order against the Federal Reserve if someone can decipher it

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Okay, so if he wasn't assassinated for his attempt to dismantle the Federal Reserve, then why was he assassinated.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What do you mean what is with it? What is with the order... Do you just want clarification on what it means?

Silver backed currency is what it sounds like to me. And Kennedy is smart to try and give the power to the gov't to issue currency. It is rediculous that we as a country let a private group create our money and basically control it with no oversight. Their name is so misleading too, being the Fed., when really they aren't a federal gov't thing, they're private!

Anyways, We could make the endless amounts of money ourselves and NOT owe interest on it. It is a waste to pay out interest on something we can manage; we would do a better job at it too most-likely.

The federal reserve needs to be gone, and with their power they will do everything they can to keep it in place and protect it. And if that means use their power (money) to kill a president who stands in their way, then i have no doubt in my mind they would eliminate him.

It is very sad and the day JFK was shot must have been very depressing for all. I wasn't alive then, but I wish he would have had a full presidency. Our country and people missed out bigtime.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So it was an order against the federal reserve ? To end it ? Or was it just creating some competition ?
I don't understand what the act means. The first link says "the implications were enormous". The second "debunker" link says the order is just a normal order, and was given because there were no enough coins on the market.
So which one is it ?

[edit on 23-10-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
www.john-f-kennedy.net...

[Executive Order 11110 AMENDMENT OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 10289

AS AMENDED, RELATING TO THE PERFORMANCE OF CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AFFECTING THE DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY

By virtue of the authority vested in me by section 301 of title 3 of the United States Code, it is ordered as follows:

Section 1. Executive Order No. 10289 of September 19, 1951, as amended, is hereby further amended-

By adding at the end of paragraph 1 thereof the following subparagraph (j):

(j) The authority vested in the President by paragraph (b) of section 43 of the Act of May 12,1933, as amended (31 U.S.C.821(b)), to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury not then held for redemption of any outstanding silver certificates, to prescribe the denomination of such silver certificates, and to coin standard silver dollars and subsidiary silver currency for their redemption

and --

Byrevoking subparagraphs (b) and (c) of paragraph 2 thereof.

Sec. 2. The amendments made by this Order shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil or criminal cause prior to the date of this Order but all such liabilities shall continue and may be enforced as if said amendments had not been made.

John F. Kennedy The White House, June 4, 1963.

Of course, the fact that both JFK and Lincoln met the the same end is a mere coincidence.

Abraham Lincoln's Monetary Policy, 1865 (Page 91 of Senate document 23.)

Money is the creature of law and the creation of the original issue of money should be maintained as the exclusive monopoly of national Government.

Money possesses no value to the State other than that given to it by circulation.

Capital has its proper place and is entitled to every protection. The wages of men should be recognised in the structure of and in the social order as more important than the wages of money.

No duty is more imperative for the Government than the duty it owes the People to furnish them with a sound and uniform currency, and of regulating the circulation of the medium of exchange so that labour will be protected from a vicious currency, and commerce will be facilitated by cheap and safe exchanges.

The available supply of Gold and Silver being wholly inadequate to permit the issuance of coins of intrinsic value or paper currency convertible into coin in the volume required to serve the needs of the People, some other basis for the issue of currency must be developed, and some means other than that of convertibility into coin must be developed to prevent undue fluctuation in the value of paper currency or any other substitute for money of intrinsic value that may come into use.

The monetary needs of increasing numbers of People advancing towards higher standards of living can and should be met by the Government. Such needs can be served by the issue of National Currency and Credit through the operation of a National Banking system .The circulation of a medium of exchange issued and backed by the Government can be properly regulated and redundancy of issue avoided by withdrawing from circulation such amounts as may be necessary by Taxation, Redeposit, and otherwise. Government has the power to regulate the currency and creditof the Nation.

Government should stand behind its currency and credit and the Bank deposits of the Nation. No individual should suffer a loss of money through depreciation or inflated currency or Bank bankruptcy.

Government possessing the power to create and issue currency and creditas money and enjoying the right to withdraw both currency and credit from circulation by Taxation and otherwise need not and should not borrow capital at interest as a means of financing Governmental work and public enterprise. The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of the consumers. The privilege of creating and issueing money is not only the supreme prerogative of Government, but it is the Governments greatest creative opportunity.

Nobody here can debunk the "debunking" second link from the first post ?
I feel this is an important problem to look into

[edit on 23-10-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have found this :
United States Note from 1963 :

And current Federal Reserve Note

So I think Kennedy was up to something

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

that makes much more sense