It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meals on Wheels?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My masonic lodge received an endowment from a widow who died around 1995.

She asked that we distribute the funds charitably, with the requirement that they were spent on daily care needs of elderly people living in our county.

Last night our yearly grant disbursements from this fund were made in the amount of $131,000.

The grantees included groups with mysterious names like "Meals on Wheels" and "The Salvation Army" (of darkness).

What purpose do these nefarious societies serve? Can we be expected to believe that we actually purchased $5,000 worth of hot, delicious meals that will be MAGICALLY delivered to old people who can't get around on their own? By VOLUNTEERS no less?

And what of this "Salvation Army"? They prance around our community like they own the place, gathering up unsuspecting homeless people (especially when there are blizzards, etc.) and place them into concentration-style camps.

There they are fed and pressed into service as bell-ringers, standing outside our free markets and subconsciously forcing us to divest ourselves of all metal objects, such as coins by their continuous systematic rhythmic bell ringing.

This is madness.

Where does it all end?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Meals on Wheels have been around in Britain for a long time, nothing mysterious about them, my mum use to have them delivered 3 times a week when she wasnt at the day center she attended.

The salvation army are a charitable Christian organization, dont know an awful lot about them, but i do know they run a network for finding lost relatives and putting families back in touch with each other, they do a lot of work tracing adopted children's families and the other way around i think, they also run shelters for battered wifes and the like, serve soup in soup kitchens, pass out blankets, and arrange safe places for run away children to go for help, they will even contact families of the run aways to tell them their kids are ok.

Not being of the Christian faith i have never really had much to do with them, but i know some people they have done fantastic work for.

I'm guessing you are in the USA? i thought the USA already had the salvation army, and meals on Wheels?

Maybe i just misunderstood, but if they are secret societies with hidden agendas then they are no good at storing money. everything they receive seems to go on helping others, which at anytime is a wonderful thing.

Edit to add, yes these services are run by Volunteers, people with a few hours to spare, who give their time to make sure some of the Elderly have at least several hot meals.

[edit on 22/10/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I worked vouluntarily for " meals on wheels" at christmas a couple of times in Ireland.

All I can say is that I never believed that some people especially old and lonely people could live in such poor and disgusting conditions in a modern society.

These people had nothing and were more than grateful not only for the small food parcels they received but also to see some faces that were smiling with them rather than laughing at them. It might not seem much but it made them forget their problems the short time we were there.

Rather than question these charities why dont you get off your throne and go see what these volunteers do and the people help

IGNORANCE IS BLIND!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
My masonic lodge received an endowment from a widow who died around 1995.

She asked that we distribute the funds charitably, with the requirement that they were spent on daily care needs of elderly people living in our county.

Last night our yearly grant disbursements from this fund were made in the amount of $131,000.

The grantees included groups with mysterious names like "Meals on Wheels" and "The Salvation Army" (of darkness).

What purpose do these nefarious societies serve? Can we be expected to believe that we actually purchased $5,000 worth of hot, delicious meals that will be MAGICALLY delivered to old people who can't get around on their own? By VOLUNTEERS no less?

And what of this "Salvation Army"? They prance around our community like they own the place, gathering up unsuspecting homeless people (especially when there are blizzards, etc.) and place them into concentration-style camps.

There they are fed and pressed into service as bell-ringers, standing outside our free markets and subconsciously forcing us to divest ourselves of all metal objects, such as coins by their continuous systematic rhythmic bell ringing.

This is madness.

Where does it all end?

where is your logic in all this?

you dont make sense

meals on wheels benefits many people who are unable to

and salvation army is christian based helping people and family in needs by funds from thrift stores and/or donations

read more and experience life please

thanks

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
LOL!

I was being sarcastic. Honestly I was trolling for someone to come in and start railing about these wonderful agencies, since everything else on here is a conspiracy.

Both of these agencies do wonderful work, as do the other grantees.

I am doubtless that Mrs. Hayward would be very proud of how her money is being spent.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why dont you put your sarcasam to good use rather than on a normal subject of Charities.

Of course people are going to stand up for them because they do good for the weak in our society.

If you get your kicks from people standing up for the last few things that are honest and helpful in our society then have some respect and post a postive thread about these charities rather than a childish one.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Honestly I was trolling for someone to come in and start railing about these wonderful agencies, since everything else on here is a conspiracy.

Bad form dude. I get the point of humour, but I'd have though trolls were something you'd avoid.

reply to post by Irish Matador

He's doing it in response to the threads on masonry that come up fairly often.
It's in bad form, but people do the same towards Masonry, and generallly those who defend it get slammed in turn.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I for one recognized the sarcasm instantly, and just to let you know OP, it was greatly appreciated.

Well played.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
If you get your kicks from people standing up for the last few things that are honest and helpful in our society then have some respect and post a postive thread about these charities rather than a childish one.
Glad we can agree on things. Now, where have you been during all the Mason bashing threads?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
Why dont you put your sarcasam to good use rather than on a normal subject of Charities.

Of course people are going to stand up for them because they do good for the weak in our society.

I don't get kicks out of people standing up for charities.

I was trying to inject some levity into this forum that has become rather slow and boring the last couple of months.

I am proud of my lodge giving these agencies money year after year. My sarcasm was more aimed at those who would find a conspiracy in the most innocuous of places.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Point taken EMSED1. Its hard to distinguish on this site!!

I feel strongly about these as they dont get enough help for the innocent people that have to suffer this.

Why dont you go out with them on a couple of trips with the volunteers and then write about that experience. I think that would inject some reality in your views and I would certainly enjoy reading that and others as well.

The only real conspiracy is that you havent experienced either side of the topic you want discussed!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I agree that it's sometimes hard to tell on this site. :-)

Having been a paramedic for 18 years I get to see the darker side of humanity quite often. It is amazing the deplorable conditions that many of our neighbors are forced to live in.

The worst part to me is the failure of the 'safety net' for children and the elderly. Many of the people we respond to can't afford their medications, much less food or clothing.

On a serious note for a moment, it really sickens me to think about how much food/shelter/health care $700 Billion could have provided. I think if we had asked for $700 billion to bail out people in need Congress would have laughed and said "We don't have that kind of money" yet when wall street cronies need it we suddenly have it.

Elderly folks who can't feed themselves and children without winter coats don't care what happens on Wall Street. Hell most of them could care less about 'Main Street'.

All I know is that this will be a long cold winter for a lot of people in this country. Thousands have been foreclosed out of a home and charitable donations I am sure have taken a sharp decline along with the economy.

Anyway, I hope I didn't cause anyone too much distress. My thread was a thinly-veiled attempt at sarcasm while trying to toot Masonry's horn a little and make fun of ourselves a bit.

It struck me as humorous that folks still think we run the world, when we are having a damn hard time just trying to run ourselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I got the joke right off, but then again I used my Masonic microwave thought manipulation on you and was able to immediately infer the humorous nature of the thread.

Salvation Army of Darkness...hah! I picture Bruce Campbell dressed as Santa ringing a bell and his other stumpless arm attached to a chain saw. That would compel me to kick in a bit or two....

[edit on 22-10-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I kind of had a picture of him ringing a bell with one hand and waving his chainsaw with the other arm.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Haha. I thought that perhaps your fluoride intake had increased dramatically as of late as a way of coping with the duldrum of the SS forum. It opens the pineal gland to demonic control and you might do unsavory things in the induced fugue state. Just cut back and maintain moderation. Don't let it get out of hand!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I see what you did there.

This actually reminds me of a fairly interesting tale of masonic charity I witnessed first hand.

We had a women who lived across from our lodge whom a brother had found out was having trouble paying for electricity bill. The lodge made an anonymous donation to the power company to pay her bill, assuming she maintained her normal level of use, for the next 2 years.

A few months later, before a lodge meeting began and everyone was going inside, we saw her holding up a sign from her front yard pointed at us. It was a large sign (and only a two lane road separated us from her yard, so it was easy to see) that read "FREEMASONS WILL GO TO HELL." She actually did that on and off for 6 months during meetings.

We didn't do anything but stare at her, but I was still amazed. But hey, we see it everyday just about on ATS - people proclaiming masons are hellish demon worshipers when, according to probability, I bet in many cases the poster probably got anonymous help from a lodge somewhere.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
We didn't do anything but stare at her, but I was still amazed.

I would have put up a sign that said "We can't pay your bill from hell, so start saving now!"

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by emsed1

Haha. I thought that perhaps your fluoride intake had increased dramatically as of late as a way of coping with the duldrum of the SS forum. It opens the pineal gland to demonic control and you might do unsavory things in the induced fugue state. Just cut back and maintain moderation. Don't let it get out of hand!

Sometimes my whole life feels like a fugue state.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have to apologize, I guess i didn't get the joke, but who can blame me? there are so many people on ATS who would an probably do think charities like this are delivering traceable potatoes with their meals

There are conspiracies everywhere and in everything, according to some folk, I did wonder if anyone could be so naive to have never heard of meals on wheels, and volunteers willing to do the job.

I also wonder though, what would be here in place of this post, if you had gotten the attention of trolls? would the delivery drivers be accused of trying to knock off the older generations?

You have to admit, there are a lot of very strange ideas appear on this site.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I am just glad folks actually came on to defend them.

I figured someone would reply with: "I always KNEW those charity people were running the world!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join