It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What's up with all this hate and intolerance?

Why can't we just have a foreign policy based on understanding other nations? I'm sure we would be a lot more well liked if we did that.

Why can't people tolerate each other more?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not that I disagree with you at all

but as to your questions ... well, where would the profit be without Divide and Conquer ?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

We could have a world economy and fair trade for every nation. Doesn't that seem like a reasonable reason to want for world peace and understanding?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How can you have world peace, while america is projecting its rubbish all over the world. What standard does that show?

All of us today will always remember who are americans, and being the world leader, why would the world want to follow there lead, of torturing and murder.

If america is not leading the world, with its filth, where do we turn for leaders. They will try to make sure we cannot turn to the east.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Our government can change the way that it treats other nations. It must change the way that it views other nations from within. I believe that such an ideological revolution inside our government can take place and I think that the government will eventually be able to learn from the lessons of history and rather than impose their beliefs on other nations, try to lead other nations, into an age of universal understanding. There are people that think this way in our country. They just have to step up more and gain nation-wide support. Then, change within our government's policies will happen. But, as long as our nation maintains a militaristic view on foreign policy, this age of understanding cannot take place. Those are my thoughts. Would you agree?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
What's up with all this hate and intolerance?

Why can't we just have a foreign policy based on understanding other nations? I'm sure we would be a lot more well liked if we did that.

Why can't people tolerate each other more?

there are scaremongers,preachers of hatred and division amoungst us who are using psychological manipulation to cause choas and seperation of our species.

if you wish to conquer your enemy you divide them,we are being divided through hatred and intolerance and its working to a large extent,we are weak and seperated,prime for the plucking,its time to unify against them.....an enemy is the most effective method of unifying a splintered group,there doing it with us,so we shall do it to them.....we will use them as the enemy in which we all unify against and we will be glorious,no longer in the shadow of our own future,bent upon shaking knee,confused and blind.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

All of this hate is irrational. There should be no enemies. There should be no wars. People should live free and unopressed by the fear of a constant enemy lingering around right next to them.

I don't understand still why wars are fought. I know the reasons they are fought, but, is it just that they are fought because these nations don't understand each other? If that's all, then, I think these nation leaders should just grow up.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
How can you have world peace, while america is projecting its rubbish all over the world. What standard does that show?

All of us today will always remember who are americans, and being the world leader, why would the world want to follow there lead, of torturing and murder.

If america is not leading the world, with its filth, where do we turn for leaders. They will try to make sure we cannot turn to the east.

That projection of rubbish is by proxy. The USA is the puppet in all of this. The handlers/bankers don't really care what happens to it or its people in the end, but until the last drop of fighting blood is spilled, the USA will be the proxy war machine it has become since its handlers killed JFK and LBJ handed them the keys to the back office.

There will never be peace on this earth and there never was. I guess we could say that the devil has had his 1000 years already.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

What can we do to change this?
And, if we change it, how can we maintain peace?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A simple answer: GREED !!!

You get rid of this disease and everything would be alright.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Our government can change the way that it treats other nations. It must change the way that it views other nations from within. I believe that such an ideological revolution inside our government can take place and I think that the government will eventually be able to learn from the lessons of history and rather than impose their beliefs on other nations, try to lead other nations, into an age of universal understanding. There are people that think this way in our country. They just have to step up more and gain nation-wide support. Then, change within our government's policies will happen. But, as long as our nation maintains a militaristic view on foreign policy, this age of understanding cannot take place. Those are my thoughts. Would you agree?

No I don't agree. But then again, I don't believe in fairy dust!

People, sad to say, are not as kind-hearted and self-sacrificing as you would want to believe. People are self-seeking and narcissistic on the whole. I know, because I work in human behavior.

One person's idea of how to communicate and accomplish something useful, may be abuse to someone else. Many if not most, cannot even agree on the simplest of decisions and how to accomplish them.

We live in a throw away society. If a relationship doesn't work - we throw it out. Apply that on a large scale and we can see the narcissism that encompasses this society.

What you are bemoaning is something that I am excited about! It is time for a change and a big one at that. To me...man's way does not work, and you are seeing an accountability taking place. It is time to pay the piper!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Atlantican

What can we do to change this?
And, if we change it, how can we maintain peace?

That's the quadrillion dollar question right there, followed by another half quadrillion dollar question. LOL!

This might seem more like a "wax on / wax off" philosophical manifesto or something but I feel that people have to look inward for solutions if they are looking to act or looking for answers because we all know deep down the answer and that's why we are asking for other's opinions. Typical is our self doubting, needing reassurance, drowning in hope selves. I'm personally going to do nothing but run for the hills as I have more coward in me and doubt than anyone but once I set out for a destination, I always get there. I'm usually the 5th in a group of 10 to volunteer or compete as I realize there's only gold, silver and bronze medals to be won and I never want to be the only loser in a demonstration! LOL!

"Our" only solution is one that will play us into their hands. They've already anticipated "OUR" solution, which too, becomes theirs. In other words we will wipe each other out flushing them out. Them, being the powers that control the powers by the same thing that controls us, MONEY & VALUE. I'm not alluding to law abiding citizens or politicians. I'm pointing to the crime families that have the leaders of the world in their scopes 24/7. And they are a constant threat held over every leader's head.

Ever see how gray a leader's (of any country with influence) hair is by the second year in office? Ever wonder why they become so reckless by their second term and seem so scripted and against themselves or back to their old habits? It's more than a real phenomenon! Even the leaders of the world want the problem fixed (and they have the power to do it) but the last one who tried was JFK & after him, Reagan who, too, overstepped his bounds - with or without Jodie Foster being the shooter's ultimate interest. JFK was a lion in wolves clothing. He came from a crime family that had a moral standard and a high regard for human life. A fatal concoction.

Hard to get the sympathy of someone that is wiping their butt with a million+ a year. And a million dollars is NOTHING, not even a penny or a 10th of a penny to the ones holding the real power and if a 10th of a penny was a dollar, not even a 10th of one penny of that devalued dollar would a million be. No one that has the resources will use them to free the masses because they are still powerless unless they, themselves execute a takedown on their own with their own hands.

As individuals, we have choices to make. Can WE EACH, in our own, keep a secret. Secrets are the ultimate power these days as an individual will we be ready to do what our inner selves know is the only solution to enslavement when the exact moment, to act in WHICHEVER way we feel we must, comes.

All of this against the real problems, not the bottom feeding politicians & leaders. Humans know deep down that the enemy is in the deepest dark corners of the earth, not on TV, not in the white house, not in the PUBLIC government chambers. Wherever the top of the world WEALTH is located, that's where they are. Counting their crime dollars, cowering from their own security detail if there are less than three.

INDIVIDUALS are their real threat. What do YOU feel YOU will do is the real question. No one else can answer that as we all have different enemies that we have identified. JFK gave the secret away when he said "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." Educate yourself but act stupid, fight the decay before the tooth has to be removed. Keep your own or your affiliated peer's solution secret. When the moment to act arrives, you do what your imagination has been telling you to do.
Write in the candidate, don't buy from that particular company, move your funds to where your research makes you believe is safe. (You get the picture. It applies to revolution, physical actions too!) Maybe God himself is inspiring those willing to listen. Maybe some will have to sacrifice so that their peers, kids, families can continue in a world without fear. (financially, maybe even physically etc.) Isn't that what soldiers die for every day? *Individual* armies of US is "OUR" only solution. How likely is it though?

Terror cells have *nothing* on an individual. And that's why grouping people together prevents any one individual going to war on his or her very own. Individual people scare them to no end. They don't watch a group of thugs on the street, they are watching for lone gunmen and in the near future, if the world continues circling the drain, just about every breathing soul will be one from the moment they learn to walk. Newborns will be educated all over the world like the nutjobs over the in middle east, indoctrinated into death for honor. The true masters of this world keep even their families & wives & best friends since their childhoods completely oblivious 100%. This grants them unbelievable leverage over their competitors, targets / enemies on all playing fields.

There will come a day, soon, that you will think you are having a heart attack, but it will be the acids in your stomach burning out the lining, when suddenly you realize you haven't eaten in days or haven't been eating near enough to justify the amount of acids your stomach has become used to producing. On that day you will know they are killing you and you must *defend yourself & those you love*. Deep down, you will know how to fix it. You better be sure of who deserves your "solution" though. Lot's of smoke and mirrors today!

I look at George Bush now, and how he is just the skeleton of his old self. There's no will to keep going between those eyes. No spark there. Nothing. A dead ash burned by his own people. He's certainly not the enemy. Just a worn out puppet that was motivated to "one up" his father, believing the whole story as their whole family did. Now, a broken man controlled by EVERYONE'S enemy. And even he is powerless without destroying all there is.

Who in the *East* has the brightest smile and most charisma right now? They are on the "winning team". Who controls that team? Who controls them that control the team?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't think it's about America, England, Iran, Russia or Israel. I think it's about a system of peoples who have populated themselves beyond their natural resources. We have simply grown too much that we can all live on renewable resources.

It's not a new phenonmenon. Way back when the U.S. was in its infancy, one of the first losses was the buffalo -- a natural resource that had the ability to feed millions of people -- slaughtered for their hides and left, for the most part, to rot in the sun, beneficial only to the wild predators.

We congregate in huge masses, and demand of lesser density lands that they provide us with sustenance. We are a plague, a blight upon the Earth, and we screw up everything we touch.

I see it even here, on this sleepy little island of 1500 souls. Ten years ago, I could go 40 feet offshore and nab two conch -- two dinners for the two of us. Now, I have to go and freedive 60 feet. Why? Because most people can't freedive below 50 feet. The grouper are less than they were, the lobsters as well, and the whelkes (a turban snail) are a shadow of their former selves. Why? Because we can harvest them and sell them to the big island, where 45,000 hungry people live.

I hope it doesn't take a cataclysmic event to shave us back to a place where we can again be part of an ecosystem. I doubt it. I doubt that we, as a people, have the stones to be self-sufficient. We're too covetous of the shiny car, the multi-level house. We want MORE, MORE, MORE!!!

If I still lived in the U.S., my goal would be to save enough to buy ten acres anywhere that had water rights or flowing water.

I think that mindset -- the competition, the struggling for stuff and shiny trinkets -- is what's wrong with the world.

Could you be happy in a day in which you harvested two ears of corn and nothing else of consequence happened?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'll tell you why. At the core of the earth there is money and power, not a force hotter than the sun. It is what perpetuates this planet and there are tons of people trying to get to it. They will stop at nothing to get it.

new topics

top topics

join