It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Reportedly Fired on WKU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Shots Reportedly Fired on WKU

www.wbko.com

Breaking news at this hour.

Western Kentucky University is under lock-down after the threat of a gunman on school grounds.

Kentucky State Police, Bowling Green Police, and WKU Police have evacuated South Campus.

Bowling Green Police have confirmed reports of shots fired on WKU's main campus at Pearce Ford Tower.

Whether or not shots were actually fired is still unconfirmed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know a lot of people at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green. I will be watching this one closely. there is not a whole lot of info on this just yet, it could be nothing, I hope it turns out to be just that...nothing.

it does say they are in "lock down" right now so it may be awhile before more news develops, if indeed it is anything at all.

If anyone has any more info I would greatly appreciate it.

www.wbko.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

University spokesman Bob Skipper says the incident is occurring inside the school’s South Campus.

www.courierpress.com... -report-gunmen-wku-campus/

There is very little about this right now. I am sure the details will come in once this story gets scooped up by some of the more major news stations.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
fingers crossed this doesn't turn out as a worst case scenario.

Hope it's something benign and dull.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
via twitter from @breakingNewsOn: Reports: Multiple Gunmen on WKU Campus; Students in Immediate Danger"; urged to take shelter; details soon.

CNNHN is going to cover it after current commercial break

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This story says the police are searching for four armed men dressed in black. So far no injuries reported.
WLKY

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Gunmen dressed in black... this doesn't sound too well. Hopefully, nothing too bad happened.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A guy came up and mentioned this, his mom said something was going on at this Bowling Green, and he freaked out and thought it was Bowling Green, Oh. Which is our campus.

Hope it doesn't end poorly.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that a SWAT team is now on campus. My God, when will this all end?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ky. campus on lockdown after report of shots fired 30 minutes ago BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) — Officials at Western Kentucky University say they've sent text messages warning students to seek shelter after reports of shots fired on campus. Police spokesman Barry Pruitt says officers have had reports of shots fired at the school about an hour north of Nashville, Tenn., but have not confirmed them. University spokesman Bob Skipper says at least one building on the university's south campus has been evacuated after someone reported seeing gunmen. University lawyer Deborah Wilkins says there are no injuries reported. South campus is home to Bowling Green Community College, one of six undergraduate colleges. The Bowling Green Daily News reports that elementary, junior high and high schools in the area have been locked down in response to the reports.

AP

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder if WKU will reschedule the Shantytown demonstration that was scheduled tonight?

Some of the student groups were supposed to erect a shantytown as part of an effort to raise money and awareness about poverty. I think it was scheduled for tonight.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe the students can do something and defend themselves? Oh, wait, cant have firearms on campus. Doesnt anyone else notice a trend here?

Ill be praying for those students, God help them.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
www.wlky.com...

WKU issued the following text alert at 12:30 p.m. CT Wednesday: "An armed man has been reported on WKU South Campus. Please stay clear of this area."

Reports state that police are searching for four people dressed in black with guns. Kentucky State Police, Bowling Green police, and campus police have evacuated South Campus.

Around 12:30 p.m., school officials sent out the following text alert: "Shots fired near Pearce Ford Tower. Seek shelter immediately."

Bowling Green police have confirmed reports of shots fired on WKU's main campus at Pearce Ford Tower.

Reports say one person has been taken into custody for questioning in connection with this incident.

Police are still on the scene and everyone is being advised to steer clear of the area or stay indoors.

At this time, there are no reports of any injuries.

Several other local schools are on lockdown in response to this situation.

go to link for 2 .mp3 interviews with students

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

See, they dont allow guns on campus so things exactly like whats happening right now wont happen. Those people shooting students, they're not supposed to have guns.

Gun-grabber/disarmament logic is hurting my head.

I wonder what piddly excuse these psychos have to justify what they're doing. Girlfriend dump them? Somebody beat their high-score in some video game? Too much homework? Bad grade?

People are ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Holy crap, how have I not heard this yet? I have a sister at WKU….jesus...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I dont understand gun control at all.

You can not have guns on school property, but if someone wants to come onto school grounds and shoot up everything, they are not going to care one bit about this rule/law. So in the end the only people with guns are the people you don't want to have guns. Meanwhile everyone who needs a gun is now unarmed and defenseless. Yeah that makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Wow. My thoughts are with you right now. I can not even begin to imagine what you must be thinking or feeling. I hope everything works out for teh best and your sister is safe. Keep us posted.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

It punishes the victims and the average, law-abiding gun owner instead of the criminal committing the act. Its brilliant, isn't it?

Thankfully, it sounds as if no one has been injured in this incident. Unfortunately, it'll be used as fodder in the coming days for those who want to push their gun banning agenda onto the general public and tens of millions of law abiding firearms owners.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Cnn is reporting that the lockdown was lifted at 3:30

No reports of anyone hurt. Just a report of a physical altercation that did not involve guns.

I really hope this is the case.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara
I just watched the update on CNN and they didn't mention anything about the lockdown being lifted.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2 >>

join