It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.3km wide asteroid to hit North Atlantic in November 2008?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yade yada, not going to happen, these things happen all the time , try some real news. things hit our earth every day, you just dont hear about them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh, for the love of.......

You know, if our destiny is like Alex Jones predicts, then i hope this one hits us head on.
I dont mind being the bullseye.

I am so sick and tired of being AFRAID!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Be not afraid of the bumbling fool on the hill.
His message is dark,
but his lies be crafted with nary a skill.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
can someone explain more specifically how an asteroid that size will wipe out the whole planet? what will happen during and after impact?

for instance, if the asteroid hits america, lol, how will we in NZ perish?

Asteriod hits.
Big bang around where it hits.
Dust and crap is thrown into the atmosphere.
No/low sunlight gets through.
Vegetation dies
Animals die
Water freezes because of subzero temperatures
We die

Might have missed out a few things there.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings..
Might have missed out a few things there.

Earthquakes,tsunamis,eruptions,shockwaves,heatflash,overpressure,brain busting noise.blinding light.

But you got the general gist of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
reply to post by dgtempe

Be not afraid of the bumbling fool on the hill.
His message is dark,
but his lies be crafted with nary a skill.

The fool on the hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head sees the world spinning round

Of course, if you're talking about the fool(s) on Capitol Hill it's a different matter

Edit: I would say there is more chance of a Beatles reunion than of this asteroid hitting Earth. And anyone who disagrees is a real fool

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Essan]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Be not afraid. everything will be fine, you may die in a nuclear or ateroidal fireball, but don't worry, your soul will never die.

This body is just like a car, and your soul is the driver.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
sounds like this will miss.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
It better be really later november,my birfdays on the 23rd

I want shiney new things!!

Acidtastic, my dear, I star you simply because the human spirit is indominitable! You made me laugh out loud. MWAH!!!
]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Must we really have another one of these threads? 36 AU (or whatever it was) isnt even close.

Older members will remember all the hype about Tu24, which passed much closer than this one will. People panicking and getting all uneasy and freaked out, all for nothing....just because someone who has no idea what they are talking about said it was going to smash into the Earth

Big thumbs down for this, people need to stop scaremongering and use their heads for once

Im done on this thread

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Must we really have another one of these threads? 36 AU (or whatever it was) isnt even close.

Older members will remember all the hype about Tu24, which passed much closer than this one will. People panicking and getting all uneasy and freaked out, all for nothing....just because someone who has no idea what they are talking about said it was going to smash into the Earth

Big thumbs down for this, people need to stop scaremongering and use their heads for once

Im done on this thread

Well, it's .09 AU, but you are correct otherwise. 1 AU is the mean distance between the sun and the earth. So this one is about 10% of the distance between the earth and sun.

Venus is 0.723 AU from the sun, or roughly .287 AU away from the earth.

So basically, it's about 1/3rd of the distance to venus away at it's closest point.

Your 36 number how many more times the moon is further out than it is. So 36 times the distance to the moon, or not even freaking close.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

2004 XK3
.3LD .0009AU
11/22/2008

A miss is a miss

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Ooops, that was supposed to be 06, not 36

Still far away

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Check it out for yourself to see what the impact could do. Follow this link to the impact calculator.

www.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ou_sooners_19
OH man, I sure hope not!

However, what would an asteroid of that size do to the earth? Like how much of it would burn/break up in the atmosphere?

Anyone got any ideas?

--- I'll probably be chilling on the roof with a 30 pack of Bud Light!!! I mean, if it's gonna be bad... then why not go out in style! I'll be wearing my shades ---->

It's what we call a global killer Mr. President.
Now, what I suggest we do, is get Bruce willis and a quirky cast of misfits to go up on the shuttle with a big drilling rig and a nuclear warhead......

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

UPCOMING CLOSE APPROACHES TO EARTH

A nice list provided by NASA

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Apparently we had a really close encounter with object (2008 VM) 2008-Nov-03, Miss Distance 0.1

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
hey ahh, dont these things come with little bits and pieces, no joke. on nov 5th i saw a huge green thing streek across the sky while i was on break smoking a cigarret and 10 others saw it too. im in minnesota. it was partly cloudy that day. this might be the one, not the big one but its bits and peices that hit the earth. scarey. when was the date again?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
maybe that was on nov. 3rd i could swear it was on the 5th. now we know what a .1 close near miss looks like, well i do.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by estrip]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This information is derived from the Zeta and other Star Visitors who have been remote-viewing Earth’s very near future. Dr. Boylan has collected and presented data that indicates that a bolloid may impact the North Atlantic on 15 November 2008 causing tsunamis and volcanism. The details found in a

Special Report: Incoming acquired 13 July 2008 and include:
There is an asteroid headed on a collision course with Earth. It is 8/10 of a mile long and 6/10 of a mile wide (1.4 km long by 1 km wide). On its current course it is due to impact in the North Atlantic this year at about 2:30-3:00 pm. EDT on November 15, 2008.
The location of the impact zone is in the ocean at 36 degrees North Latitude and 65 degrees West Longitude, (approximately 100 miles north of Bermuda and 750 miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, [on the U.S. southeast coast].)

When the asteroid enters Earth’s atmosphere, it would be seen as a large bright- green bolide. Atmospheric friction would create an enormous dark reddish-orange glow in the air that will be visible across eastern North America, such that a thousand miles away from the Impact Zone, a reddish glow would backlight even the Toronto skyline in Canada. Indeed, from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Boston, Washington, DC, Miami, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Venezuela the glow would be visible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join