It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.3km wide asteroid to hit North Atlantic in November 2008?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, if I didn't know better for myself and I was reading what I wrote here back when I learned "the facts", through higher learning education, I too, would be quick to dismiss and drop an A-Bomb on my "theory".

Let's look at the moon's surface and Mar's surface and count the craters. Now remember these craters and their numbers, when you hear about the life found on at least Mars some day (or the life on our own planet for that matter, which scientists are busily debunking).

Though some would tell you, just as quickly, that an asteroid the size of the one that killed all life back in the times of the dinosaurs would prevent there ever being an internet or a discussion board on such a planet at any given time and would definitely be supporting creation, refuting science after all, from which the facts of the extinction originate.

Either way, I believe I may be right given the chance to prove it. I'll make a huge bet.

Edited for my lack of literary skills. I'm a savant and only good at teaching goldfish how to swim. Hehehe

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
heres a nice demonstration of a 500km meteor hitting earth from the discovery channel.

www.youtube.com...

i don't know how to embed yet>< sorry so heres the link. enjoy

[edit on 10/22/2008 by keeff]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
As essan quite correctly stated, it’s 37LD's beyond the moon, meaning that the moon itself has a 37% higher chance of hitting us. BTW, I would not trust anything that comes from GodlikeProductions, especially if its about 1)channeling or 2) asteroids. As this is about both, I would totally dismiss it. According to the woo-woos at GLP an asteroid is going to hit us every week.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

Though some would tell you, just as quickly, that an asteroid the size of the one that killed all life back in the times of the dinosaurs would prevent there ever being an internet or a discussion board on such a planet at any given time and would definitely be supporting creation, refuting science after all, from which the facts of the extinction originate.

It didn't kill all life, just the big ones. There were some furry little balls that stayed in their hidey holes. Big guys gone, little guys prospered and became....us!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My journey takes me to weird places and weird faiths but I say in all honesty that I've had a few day dreams in the past weeks and an actual dream a week ago about a huge rock coming directly down on me. I've even figured I would lay down flat, face first into the ground if I had a moments notice to take my death position.

Maybe the channelers are tuning into the mind control channel. Maybe with this whole discussion we are giving the experimenters the result they desired?

Just a very silly thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
for instance, if the asteroid hits america, lol, how will we in NZ perish?

Hey! That's not funny.

This is the second line.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

This will kinda give you a look at what could happen Rent the movie

I know that they have made a few movies about a Asteroid impacting on the earth and My personal fave is (Deep Impact) with Morgan Freeman,great great movie

It came out about the same time the movie Armageddon

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

You mean this?

I wouldn’t sweat it much though as this thing is coming nowhere near the earth. Again, GLP is well known for generating Asteroid Impact Hoaxes on a regular basis to trump up the dooom level that their website thrives on.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If the thing WAS headed for earth, it'd be something to worry about. It's not big enough to end the world as we know it, but it would certianly bring about lasting changes in the climate, and devastate a very large region. As it is, though, it's not really headed towards earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yep thats the movie
I don't know how many times i have seen it but i love it,and trust me im not stressed about it one bit Now i'm off to watch the movie again lol

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
People are forgetting Shoemaker levy 9. Just one of those asteroids had enough kinetic energy that it left scars bigger then Earth. If something 1.3 kilometers across hits the moon with enough energy it will destroy it outright. Those huge chunks of moon will be coming to Earth not to mention the oceans will become still and motionless, changing the biosphere. The moon already has the scars to prove it can be hit.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes
Wouldn't that be ironic: as we obsess about 2012's Nibiru and Blossom Goodchild's mothership, we're hit by a good 'ol asteroid.

As i say brother, as i say.

And actually i hope Biden is wrong cause my birthday is on the 22nd of Jan lol. But hey if in fact this were to happen then at least it would be over a lot faster then all the other doomsday theories. But as Welivefortheson said ... its all a lie.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
It better be really later november,my birfdays on the 23rd

I want shiney new things!!

edit cos I can't spell.

[edit on 22/10/2008 by Acidtastic]

I hear ya! My birthday is the same as yours--and shiny new presents are great! Asteroids, nope, don't want or need one of those. Let's hope we have a happy b'day for everybody

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You are correct, and as I stated in the original post on this thread JPL says it will miss by 36.7 lunar distances, millions and millions of miles away.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It is always important to remember:

It's the one you don't see that you have to watch out for.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ok just so everyone knows my stance, and my point of making this tread.

-I am not trying to induce Asteroid fear.

-I just want to point out that IF there was a large body headed for the Earth potentially causing a major problem, I don't think the powers that be would tell us until the last minute, if at all.

-Also that someone, most likely a GLP "Woo Woo" says and or thinks there is a big rock that is headed for the North Atlantic next month.

One other point that I would like to make is there was a bolide event earlier in the month from a very small space rock that was discovered just hours before the event. They told us, and it became mainstream news. It was an acomplishment and they were able to accurately predict the time and place of the impact.

If an amateur astronomer was able to detect and map the trajectory of a larger body, and they knew it would impact, do you think they would be silenced by the powers that be, or would it become mainstream news?

Do you think that we would be told of our certain doom in advance?

I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssanThere's more chance of me shooting you in America with a 303 rifle fired in England.

He He! Nice analogy there bud! But not technically correct – a .303 rifle could prob send a round a max of 2-3miles, so it is impossible (of course)… But there is an extremely minute chance of this thing hitting…. Suppose you could build something that could launce a 303 round across the Atlantic somehow, wouldn’t want to fire it from the shoulder though.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

A 10km Asteroid didnt wipe out the dinosaurs at all. Before the Asteroid hit the planet it is thought the dinosaur era was coming to an end. The climate was changing, huge volcanic activity all over the planet. The asteroid was the nail in the coffin. Most scientist now agree that the dinsaurs would of died off without the impact.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

There is already a thread about this. (mine by the way)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrman81
reply to post by altered_states

A 10km Asteroid didnt wipe out the dinosaurs at all. Before the Asteroid hit the planet it is thought the dinosaur era was coming to an end. The climate was changing, huge volcanic activity all over the planet. The asteroid was the nail in the coffin. Most scientist now agree that the dinsaurs would of died off without the impact.

The cause(s) of the K-T extinction are still being strongly argued. I don't think it's accurate to say that "most" scientists agree that the dinosaurs would have died off without the impact. There are theories that dinosaurs were in decline, there are theories that the were thriving. There "oddball" theories about disease carrying insects, about mammals contributing to their demise. There is a whole lot of talking and not much agreeing.

Here's a good summary
www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

Here's a couple of other articles
www.geo.vu.nl...

www.space.com...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Phage]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join