It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion

www.politico.com

The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.swamppolitics.com
www.independent.co.uk[/u rl]
[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27320899/]www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This seems rather hypocritical from the 'fiscally conservative' Republican Party and Gov. Palin. There is also a question as to the legality of using campaign contribitions for 'personal use' items. I am fairly certain that those who contributed to the campaign did not contribute their hard earned money so that Gov. Palin could go on an all expense paid shopping spree. It will be interesting to see how the Federal Elections Commision rules on this.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WOW! I can't believe that no one seems to care about this!?!?!? Hasn't anyone contributed to this campaign who is scraping by and wants their money back??? I don't care which party it is, this is a completely inappropriate use of campaign contributions, especially considering that the campaign is also being funded by Federal Funds as well!! I have to say that I'm disappointed that no one has given an opinion on this one way or another.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is quite interesting, considering the campaign team is virtually out of money is several contending states and has had to resort to using old television ads.

I suppose she's not a true WalMart mom after all.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
this is absurd!
I understand they need to dress their candidate up but 50,000 dollars spent at saks fifth avenue is beyond ridiculous. From what i understand neiman marcus was also a shopping venue and that is the most horridly overpriced store I know of.
I also noticed the red leather jacket she had on the other night, im sure that was a pretty penny!

She could have shopped at macy's or banana republic, or Dillard's and not been slumming it!

The rest of us are happy to shop at old navy and target........... and look darn cute doing it~!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that they plan on donating the clothing to charity, but seriously, if you need to get your clothing from charity, do you really need or can use a flashy red leather jacket like the one she was sporting the other day??? If she needed to spruce up her wardrobe, she should have done it on her own dime!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That would be over 2 thousand dollars a day from Aug 29 to Nov 4 for clothing, hair and makeup.

Do you think you could squeak by on that??

Sarah Palin the gift that keeps on giving!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the fiscally responsible people who condemn the dems for over spending wont utter a word.... not a word.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

LOL! You're right, not so much as a peep from the McCain supporters trying to defend this! Probably because it's undefendable. But it does speak volumes on the supposed 'fiscal conservative' Sarah Palin! This coming out at the same time as the story concerning Palin having Alaskan taxpayers foot the bill for travel expenses for her children!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Please direct comments to existing thread [www.abovetopsecret.com...]here[/url].

Thank you.

---Thread Closed--

new topics

top topics

join