It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury Blacks Out Key Parts of Private Bailout Contracts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

So here's a simple solution: boycott the banking systems! How long can they last if we're not using them?? Granted, it won't be easy, but we can still technically do it while we have paper money. Once we're forced to completely go electronic, then it's all or nothing, and we'll be forced to use them just to pay our taxes

It's a good idea on the surface, but if that is all we do, then the problem will be that the banks will default again, and the politicians will just take more money from us to bail out the banks. We need to replace all the crooks in Congress also, or nothing will be accomplished. Their arrogance in passing a treasonous bailout bill that 90% of us opposed, proved that.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Every single day I wake up and know I will hear bad news. One day I am going to snap and need heavy meds and a room with rubber walls. This is nuts. Am I the only one that feels like this country is heading for a MASSIVE civil war.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Am I the only one that feels like this country is heading for a MASSIVE civil war.

No.

The behaviors of this government over the last 7+ years have created massive levels of cognitive dissonance for those that believed in the Republic. This latest round of organized theft may well end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

The behaviors of this government over the last 7+ years have created massive levels of cognitive dissonance for those that believed in the Republic. This latest round of organized theft may well end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I certainly hope so. I don't think the people can take much more. They have already sacrificed too much, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Every single day I wake up and know I will hear bad news. One day I am going to snap and need heavy meds and a room with rubber walls. This is nuts. Am I the only one that feels like this country is heading for a MASSIVE civil war.

No, you are not the only one. Apparently though, I cannot suggest that you do anything about it, because that is a violation of the T & C. My thread, A call for action, was just shut down for violating the T & C. I've edited this post to remove my suggestion that you join us, because we can't do that on ATS. Sorry.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
absolutely sickening.

in this way it is even surprising we didn't need an FOIA request to see this blanked out crap.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.history.army.mil...

Current military oaths...

SO, we know where the populace stands in regards to the military since those oaths are legally binding...oh, but who would prosecute XXX if Private YYY acted on what he was legally bound by his sworn (or affirmed) oath. What if Colonel ZZZ ordered some action? The thing is, I think, the military is a wash because all of the members are too fearful to do what they are supposed to do.

I fully support a military dictatorship that confers control after a period of not more than six months. I have trust and faith in very few military officers, however, and know that will never happen.

On with the show, I guess. I am so glad I got out before I was sent to kill or die for a bunch of super-rich, dishonest, country hating villains we call "elected" officials could issue orders to that effect.

Ya, support and defend...but what if the orders given are illegal?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

That's because you are looking for bad news. You need to master the art of turning the bad news into good news. For example, the acronym IRS always spells bad news.
Always?

IRS may be looking for you -- but it's all good.
Last update: October 23, 2008 - 11:24 PM

The IRS may be looking for you. But in this case, it's all good.

www.cnbc.com...

See?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The hourly billing rates are for various consultants and are actually shockingly low. (My hourly rate is 384.00 vs an avg of 114.00 in the contract).

The contract being blacked out is an insult to the American people but it's not even where the real crimes are going on. Any of us know at this point that favor curries favor in DC, that position equals benefits - cleverly designed to avoid prosecution for bribery.

It's the real unique legislator who gets caught with a paper bag stuffed with 100k in small bills in his freezer. More often and almost always, he or she is offered the chance to purchase very profitable assets at pennies on the dollar. McCain owns several prime houses he paid far less than value for and Obama was given one hell of a deal on his new mansion....

These Goldman Sachs pimpwhores will find opportunities raining down upon them. Offers of jobs, consulting and speaking gigs, inside stock tips...

A revolution is called for. The question is what form of revolution. We still barely have the ability to vote ourselves clean but we need more people on board. If you really care and really want to enact change, start thinking of ways to spread the word and convince people to get involved and campaign for change. Term limits. (Didn't NYC vote to allow the mayor to run for a 3rd term this week
)

Transparent financials and audits of all public office holders

Strict two term max limits in small populated areas, One term elsewhere

Public funding for presedential campaigns. Public TV and Radio ads with a truth in advertising review board. All political parties should be able to run equally, not just the one's with the most money which equals the most favors owed. Requiring TV and Radio to provide public service ad time would bring down the campaign costs by amounts which would amaze you.

The Federal govt can only legislate those areas which the states do not reserve upon themselves. - This means local govt, smaller and more behooven to the public should be legislating us.

The federal govt should only be involved in making sure that all states have equal access to resources for public works and managing programs requiring the cooperation and participation of all states (such as the military, coast guard, TSA).

Could social security be managed at the state level with the money invested locally to build local businesses and infrastructure? Why the hell not?

Audit and revoke as needed: Public / Private partnerships, Non Governmental Organizations, etc. - These scams have been to take public bought and paid for infrastructure and turn it over to private companies for pennies on the dollar. In every case this has been done due to politicians being bribed to approve it. We will find ourselves paying more for less in most of these cases. We need honest review of these to determine if they should be revoked and returned to public ownership. In the cases where a private company actually can do the job better we need renewable contracts up for review and open bid every 5 to 10 years (or more where applicable) along with contractual protections for the public. This is a huge issue coming down the pipe as private companies have bought up water supplies, roads and bridges, prisons... This means the public who paid for that well to be drilled will be paying more for water than if it was still public owned, that tolls will be paid on roads and bridges the public built and paid taxes to maintain. Ownership should never be transferred, period. The private companies should be allowed to provide management and maintanence under the limitations I've laid out. This will be the next public rape, mark my words.

I have a design for a system where local cities and states can bring an open source economy into play, a way to build new businesses which provide green technologies, better education opportunities, jobs and prosperity rather than waiting for mega international corp to come along and bring the jobs back one the wages can compete with Mexico, China, India or E Europe. These would be public owned businesses where the former auto factory workers would be retrained to build solar panels, wind turbines, short haul electric vehicles, water extraction mills (extract pure water from the atmosphere), organic farms and ranches, on demand hemp clothing and shoe makers, custom furniture - all using the latest in computerized milling techniques in order to make goods better and cheaper. Globalism is not the answer. A return to strong communities, local industry and knowing your suppliers face to face, making jobs and strong local economies, local investment and trading... Open Source Hardware, in short.
(I need to get my own thread)

These white collar criminals on wall street and in DC want to go after sub prime mortgage holders and small to mid level brokers. Not a single investigation is being done of the fraud at the top. Not ONE.

We need a revolution but that revolution can be a NEW type of revolution. Let's be smarter and more evolved and start CHANGING our world for the better. We'll do it one way or the other, I'd prefer it to be a positive and intellectual one.

The day martial law is declared the recognition of federal authority goes away. Set aside the Constitution and you set aside your own authority.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

There are hundreds of green perestroika proposals like this, but all of them lack the practical line to be followed: there have to be real examples of small communities that relatively prosper in the midst of dour economic/financial downturns.

It all depends on the level of endurance toward hardship. Once the threshold is reached, people are far more willing to consider or implement various proposals designed to improve the conditions.

The government has approved very unpopular remedy that would cost the taxpayers fortune, but the real $$ collecting isn't happening yet and may be postponed indefinitely. On the contrary, Bernanke talks about giving the taxpayers some bucks through another stimulus. The condition to start paying keen attention to various "home improvement" variants hasn't arrived yet.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by stander]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Folks...

You know there is worse than this out there...much worse. But don't take my word for it, use your intuition.

Its not about one world anymore. It is greater than that.

And that, the greater part, will be the PTBs undoing.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

masses are stupid and deserve this. every bit of it.

what you are watching is the QED of the Elite, a long running proof, oh say 10 years now?

you bought 9/11. you bought afghanistan. you bought iraq. you bought "freedom fries". you bought katerina. you bought a "few bad apples" in abu gharaib. you bought quite a lot of orange overalls and shipped them to cuba. you bought the "american empire" -- funny how all empires in the past were builders and one only sees imperial architecture built in China and France and Do-Buy.

admit it. you are sheeple.

so now go and buy your slave's daily caloric intake with the amero. fools. who would trust running governments to you lot?

REVOLUTION. (Or shut up)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join