It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury Blacks Out Key Parts of Private Bailout Contracts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is bull..... I know action will happen when the direct effects hit everybody in the pocket and people don't have anything left to lose.

As far as congress getting martial law being imposed if they didn't pass the bill it wasn't because they were fearing for our safety it is because they were fearing for their safety. It wouldn't take anytime for the American people to overrun whatever they threw at us.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
Why aren't we storming Capitol hill and lynching these bastards for treason? What is it going to take? Is it going to take us all being in bread lines or living in tents before we act? They talk about war on terror when they are the terrorist! Using fear of martial law in America if this bill wasn't passed to me is a terrorist act. They are using fear to get everything they want. Fear of martial law,fear of protesting and being arrested for exercising our RIGHT, fear of a crashed economy, fear of terrorist attacking us again. They are waging war against the very thing they have become. Where is our liberation?Are you all too scared? Would you rather die on your feet fighting or would you rather live on your knees as a slave? God help your children for your cowardice. I truly fear for the life they will have because you were to much of a bunch of cowards to save their future.

They get away with this because we the people let them. If we showed them we will not stand by and let them continue to do these things they'll have no choice but to stop or suffer the consequences. Where is our military that took an oath to defend us from these very types of things? Our government has become a domestic threat to we the people.

Correct. However you are probably very much like myself. Someone who shouts a lot, is made to look like an idiot, than scuttles away back to the anonymity of a keyboard.

We are all slaves and we are still scared of masser's whip. Until we lose the fear we will always be slaves.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

Where is our liberation?Are you all too scared? Would you rather die on your feet fighting or would you rather live on your knees as a slave? God help your children for your cowardice. I truly fear for the life they will have because you were to much of a bunch of cowards to save their future.

Pretty harsh words. What have you done?? Were all on the same wavelength here its just that none of us has figured out the next step. But it will happen, when more people start feeling like us and when our lives are truly affected by it instead of just seeing it on the news in some other part of the country.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthasAuthority
Thats not even the scary part.

Sec. 8. Review.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

Wait a minute! Wait a freaking minute! This was the biggest reason next to the bailout itself that the wanton inflation starter bill was knocked down twice. Are you telling me that monstrosity of print actually made it into legislation after all?!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Interesting to point out that Paulson now is one of the man in this nation with more power than the president when it comes to misused and mishandling tax payer money.

Even when more than half of America are against of him doing the mishandling.

This nation has been turned into a dictatorship and people do not even realized, and we don't need to keep the moron in the White house after all he already had people doing the controlling in government.

A majority of Americans aren't happy with the way Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is handling his job or with the financial rescue package he and Congress created, according to a poll released Wednesday.

Of 1,058 people surveyed in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll, 64% said they disapproved of Paulson's performance and 28% said they approved. The poll was conducted on Oct. 17-19 and the margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Even when is only 1,058 people surveyed the trend of 64% percent is bound to increased of decrease slightly.

money.cnn.com...

Let people understand that we have a government that is working against the wishes of the American people right now as today and they careless of what the tax payer citizens of this nation thinks about it, but rest assure that they are doing everything they can to step over American rights if the citizens decide to stand up and fight back.

Our government has become a dictatorship on their own rights because they made the laws after all.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Welcome to the New corporate America their is no fixing our current situation unless we get rid of the Federal Reserve period......

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Welcome to the New corporate America their is no fixing our current situation unless we get rid of the Federal Reserve period......

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Can anyone direct me to an alternative for farm4.static.flickr.com...

I really want to see this document, but the link won't ever finish loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here on ATS we all noticed and commented on the new Tzar powers of the Treasury (especially there self-proclaimed infallibility).

But I believe this legislation can be challenged Constitutionally. Especially given its improper roots. I wonder if there are any suicidal legislators out there willing to challenge it?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not bad for the ex CEO of Goldman Sachs.

No wonder people are pissed . . . here's who he's protecting and their annual compensation packages from last year . . . . Lloyd Blankenfien $70,324,352, Gary Cohn $72,511,357, Jon Winkelried $71,455,426, David Viniar $58,467,136 and Edward Forst $49,058,582.

They, by the way, are the current executive officers of none other than Goldman Sachs. Blakenfien took over for Paulson after he got the head honcho job.

It isn't real far fetched to see who pulls the string of that puppet, and it is ever easier to see why the average person is not satisfied with the job that puppet's doing . . . and why they'll continue to hide as much information from us as possible.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I knew BS like this would happen as soon as I read the article in this thread, Paulson to Hire Private Contractors to Handle Bailout Billions.

What they're probably "blacking out" is how overpaid they are and their MILLIONS in bonuses they will receive!

[edit on 10/23/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

One of the most outrageous and treasonous act of congress is to allow the bill that he created with the blessing of his pimps to gain that power over the people's elected government.

Yes this unconstitutional and yes it can be challenged but if we have our own congress selling themselves out is only the people now to do the job of challenging the powers.

But then again so unconstiutional was the patriot act and we are still having it been shoved up our butts in this nation today.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This was just brought up on CNBC

They are pi*sed!

You all should be able to see the video tonight.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Grit your teeth and grab your ankles . . . it's gonna get a lot worse and will continue to do so until some of these fatcats and bigwigs fess up to the mess they've made instead of playing CYA and passing the buck.

Check out this load of horsecrap brought to you by Alan Greenspan . . .

try not to puke

Credit tsunami.

Right.

Coulda-woulda-shoulda

Sad thing is, while they 'fix' this mess in the favour of their cronies, we have little choice but to take the reaming as clearly guys like Paulson (and their decisions) are beyond reproach and by their own making, untouchable.

Gotta love democracy.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is just REALLY hard to believe!

Treasury Blacks Out Key Parts of Private Bailout Contracts

Paulson and his cronies don't want the American taxpayer to know how much we are paying these guys to give OUR money (or debt) away!

I wonder how much further these accounting firms are putting us into debt on top of the bailout itself!

I just can't understand why our Treasury Dept. couldn't have handled this themselves, instead of outsourcing to a private company that we, and Paulson, know will end up costing us more money!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Based on the number of hours listed and the 'price ceiling' of $300,000, they're being charged at an average rate of approximately 80 bucks an hour.

You know that legal assistant a the bottom of that list won't be making anywhere near that . . . maybe ten bucks an hour or so.

Taking that out, you're at an average hourly rate of $114.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by GoalPoster]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thanks, I should have looked a little closer at the document!

I'm sure this bill(?) is just for dealing with a small part of the bailout though. I wonder how many more of these "bills" we will have to pay for by the time this "bailout" is all over!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
well this will all change after the election

Barack Obama’s biggest contributors are: Goldman Sachs, University of California, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase and Company, and Harvard University..

McCain’s biggest contributors are: Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase and Company

well maybe not.

The only way this country gets back on it's feet is the end of the federal reserve bank and a return to a gold standard.You'll never get that through McCain or Obama.You'll never get it with the corporate scum in congress.
Without the fed they wouldn't have money to wage a profitable war.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Notice also under B2, sections a and b, which state that when incurred costs exceed 85% of the $300,000, basically come back and tell us what the new amount will be. Section c says "we're not obligated to necessarily pay you the excess, but don't worry, wink, wink, we will. We just want to keep the initial figure low so those darned taxpayers who are really paying for your services don't scream bloody murder. Their shouts are already loud enough. We wish they would just shut up and take their medicine, and be good little slaves."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes I seen the Greenspan backflips on the hearings today, you know a few weeks ago I made a thread on Greenspan as the fall guy for the economy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at it now he is in center stage today.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

So here's a simple solution: boycott the banking systems! How long can they last if we're not using them?? Granted, it won't be easy, but we can still technically do it while we have paper money. Once we're forced to completely go electronic, then it's all or nothing, and we'll be forced to use them just to pay our taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join