It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No barbed wire...it might hurt the thieves???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I guess its more important to keep thieves and scoundrels healthy than protect your self and property in the UK!!! I fear for the Brits more and more each day! They deserve much better!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Zindo

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That's sickening, I'm fed up with this government's logic!
The guy should sue the council for helping 'enable' the theif, never mind the council worrying that a would-be thief sue them for injuring themselves.

Wire it up to the mains and deny all knowledge, that would sort them out!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There are laws in the USA that state you can not booby trap your yard, or ward off would be theifs.. So the best thing I can do is this.
I bought a camera system, and have 4 cameras outside my house..
Its non lethal, and it detours would be theifs from comming into my house, as they see the cams and know they should go else where that doesnt have cameras.
Yet that too is a slipperly slope.. Big brother has taught us this.. And now we are forced to be big brother ourselfs, with camera systems, and keeping a watchful eye out for our own..

I do agree with you ZindoDoone.. its maddness that thieves have more rights than the people they rob..
But look at the governments of the world.. They rob us daily.. Yet we are more worried about those punk kids running the streets stealing bikes, and breaking into homes.
I live in a crazy mixed up world.. Where you have to protect your own, and stand up for what is right..

I have a warning label on my door.. That says.. This house is protected by smith and wesson, you will depart in a bodybag!
As if anyone comes into my home, I have no will to kill anyone, nor do I ever want too.. But forbid they come in and hurt me and my family.
I would and will pull that trigger, and they wont get out alive to sue me..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
There are laws in the USA that state you can not booby trap your yard, or ward off would be theifs..

So I tell the cops that pit on the side of the house was where I kept my snow tires during the Summer. Those pikes at the bottom kept them off the ground so the tread wouldnt rot.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I guess its more important to keep thieves and scoundrels healthy than protect your self and property in the UK!!! I fear for the Brits more and more each day! They deserve much better!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Zindo

Unfortunately, the truth is, a lot of this mentality is due to a recent American import: litigation culture.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Sergeant Nick Husbands, of West Mercia Police, said: 'We can confirm that five thefts from Round Hill allotments have been reported in the past year.

'These have mainly been from sheds and our advice to allotment holders is not to leave anything of value there.'

Mr Malcolm's plight comes just weeks after Bristol council angered allotment holders by urging them not to lock their sheds in case burglars damaged them breaking in.

That is completely insane. Time to buy a rottie. Or are you not allowed to own a dog either?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Just a few points.

It's an allotment, so officially it's council owned land and is just being "borrowed" by the man - it's the council who would get sued, so they have every right to ask for the wire to be removed.

Allotment sheds are very unsecure, and again, they belong to the council so what the hell was this guy doing leaving hundreds of pounds worth of tools in there.

Allotments are small plots of land which the council lend to people for the purpose of growing some veg/flowers etc - they are not privately owned. No council can ask you to remove wire from your own property unless it contravenes building regs, or unless it is a danger to the public i.e. trailing down onto the footpath or trailing loose at head height etc

And last of all - the report comes from The Daily Mail. For members in the UK that alone should speak volumes.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

But the council has a due of care to protect the allotments and the equipment needed by the holders to maintain the allotments, and if our judges had some backbone and understood the real world, they would throw any claim from some thug or petty criminal if they were hurt commiting a criminal.

And we have to have some balance in the UK press to the trendy lefty views

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Double post. Got to watch those fingers!!!

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Freedom ERP]

top topics

join