It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threats, Hack Attempts On Ohio Sec. Of State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The website of the Ohio Secretary of State is being set to "static mode" following a recent series of "security breach" attempts, as well as suspicious packages and a number of death threats sent to the office, according to a press release issued late this afternoon.

www.scoop.co.nz...
And another link to this story.
www.cnn.com...

So, if you don't support McCain you get death threats and packages containing white powder. Your website will be hacked. You will be attacked. I'm glad there are only thirteen more days left.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't think that's the case. I think regular citizens are getting tired of these politicians and their fraudulent behavior. She was ordered by the courts to implement a plan to ensure a fair election and she weaseled out of it. People are angry and at their breaking point with deaf, dumb and blind politicians.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I know Jennifer Brunner in fact I used to repair her and her husband Rick's computers. She is a competant woman and a good Sec of State. She has brought back respect to that office that her predecessor Blackwell destroyed during the 2004 elections. She works here in the same building as I do so I really hope the death threats are BS. If I hear any explosions I'll post immediately, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It's funny I never hear Democrats screaming "Terrorist", or "Kill Him", McCain was held by communists for a long time but Obama makes no claims that McCain is a brainwashed communist. I think McCain's supporters should have a little respect for themselves and cut it out.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Uh, the SUPREME COURT Agreed with her. The SC, ruled by the GOP, agreed with her. The GOP Controlled Supreme Court agreed with this woman. Anyways, not up to date on Ohio politics but this could get interesting. I only heard of it on the TV and looked for links online to post here.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My point exactly. The supreme court also gave the patriot act the 2000 and 2004 elections.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
By the way, why are you throwing up the GOP I am neither democrat nor republican. Other than voting for local issues,if their is not third choice I would throw my vote for Mickey Mouse first.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

2004 elections? What did the SC have to do with that? Anyways, the Supreme Court said she was correct, the people calling for the deaths of Obama at Palin/McCain rallies and now sending death threats to this woman are wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Of course it is wrong. I sympathize with the regular citizen. There is a breaking point though which is close to being broken. Our government has quit listening to it's owners. The bailout is just one of many policies implemented despite majority outcry.They have decided they will do whatever they want and when one demands accountability, there just is no option. The courts have been stacked by weak submissive judges afraid to bite the hand that instilled them, politicians are labeled with differing labels but it is all the same flavor. How much more can the American People take? I dread and I mean dread the outcome of this election. No matter who wins the flavor will be the same.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
there are other death-threats and white powders in envelopes being sent out at the moment you know...

story

i'm surprised no-one is reporting this here.

someone's waving a big false flag all over the us

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Uh, the SUPREME COURT Agreed with her.

Get your facts straight. Supreme Court did not agree with her. They didn't even rule on the merits. The Supreme questioned whether the reps had a right to bring up this case under the HAVA act and felt they didn't.

The court's brief opinion, barely over a page long, did not deal with the substance of the Republicans' claim that voter fraud could run rampant without closer scrutiny. Rather, the court said that the state party is unlikely to prevail on the legal question of whether Congress, in passing the Help America Vote Act of 2002, authorized a federal court to intervene when a private party seeks this kind of legal help.

source

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes I saw that in the news too. I am more cautious when I check my mail now. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. The sad part is when you try to alert conductor(gov) they just roll their eyes and label you a tinfoil hat.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

And the Republican controlled agreed with her. How long before they start getting death threats for not falling in line? Oh yeah justyc I saw that also on the news. Banks are in deep trouble. Well, not really. Freddie Mac bribed the GOP with 2million dollars and got hundreds of billions in return. I'd like that kind of return. Let's see, I bribe with say, two hundred dollars, at the return rate Freddie Mac got that would mean I'd get... two million dollars at least!(Link in my signature)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Your reasoning is unsound. The democrats are in control of senate, that's why we have Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the House. That is one of my points I am trying to make. There is no longer separate party's. It's all the same.It could not have passed had the democrats not allowed it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

But the Republicans control the Supreme Court. They, the top law of the land, agreed with her. The GOP... don't. So they say kill her, attack her, hack the website, send white powder to the office, so forth. Not surprising though these are the same people who scream "Kill him!" at Palin/McCain rallies.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Smoke and Mirrors
That is all I can reply with. Like a magicians left hand distracting one from his right.There is no longer any party except the government party vs the people.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
Smoke and Mirrors
That is all I can reply with. Like a magicians left hand distracting one from his right.There is no longer any party except the government party vs the people.

Here, here. This statement I could not agree with more. It has become US against THEM.

Star for you.

Vamp

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You know the sad part about this is their is no amount of violence or reasoning or pleading that will stop this government. It has gone beyond control of the people. The only way this gov could ever be reined in is through years of universal foreign sanctions. I love my country and can trace my family back hundreds of years here. It truly saddens me.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

But the Republicans control the Supreme Court.

That's an untrue statement. If it were true, prisoners at Guantanamo would have NEVER been granted U.S. Constitutional rights this past year. The split right now is 4 liberal (Ginsberg, Souter, Breyer, Stevens), 4 conservative (Thomas, Alito, Roberts, Scalia)and 1 who swings both ways (Kennedy).

[edit on 23-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Or they would be because to arrest someone and hold them forever with out a trial, lawyer, or any civil rights goes against the constitution and those not blind to partisanship agreed.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by sos37

Or they would be because to arrest someone and hold them forever with out a trial, lawyer, or any civil rights goes against the constitution and those not blind to partisanship agreed.

The split in that case was right down party lines, the 4 Republicans voting against the measure, the 5 Democrats voting for the measure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join