It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Al-Qaeda Web Sites, Joy Over U.S. Crisis, Support for McCain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Al-Qaeda is watching the U.S. stock market's downward slide with something akin to jubilation, with its leaders hailing the financial crisis as a vindication of its strategy of crippling America's economy through endless, costly foreign wars against Islamist insurgents.
www.washingtonpost.com.../components

Oops, while England, France, and other UN members support Obama, a foreign group also supports McCain, Al Qaeda. Good job McCain, you have the terrorist vote!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
wait what?

obama evil muslim antichrist gets the vote of cuba hamas russia iran but not al-queda ....

obama obama just wear the head scarf like they said

of course they love McCain afghanistan and iraq are the biggest recruiting grounds for any militant islamic groups ... and McCain wanst to be there for a hundred years ^_^ i still dont believe in al-queda though

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I said the same thing in an Obama/Castro thread recently:

Does that really matter at all?

I bet the KKK supports McCain over Obama, but that doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter. A group/people supporting a candidate are not the candidate, and in circumstances like the OP, will not influence the candidates policy.

Remember that, a candidates policy?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Thanks for the post. The first thing that went through my conspiracy addled mind is that it's funny how now they "enemy" supports McCain and how you can use a story like this to hurt either side when in reality it is just stupid. I do agree with the other posters regarding the fact that if there is a reason to continue their jihad, that makes these lunatics happy. McCain, as a lap dog of the neo-con cabal, will ensure that, imo.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I was wondering first if maybe the Dems weren't posting but thought about it. Iraq and Afganistan is to the terrorists what Pearl Harbor is to America. They can say "Look at what the evil American's are doing to our lands!" And if Obama ends the war in Iraq it hurts recruiting. Imagine if it turned out China attacked Pearl Harbor? I bet you'd have a hard time convincing the US People to attack Japan.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Good job McCain, you have the terrorist vote!

Actually, your link said that 'some al-qaeda' want McCain.
It doesn't say - alot.
It doesn't say - official spokesperson of Al-qaeda.

It says 'some al-qaeda'.

And as far as McCain getting the terrorist vote -
looks like those 'some al-qaeda' didn't check with HAMAS
which has it's spokespeople saying that they back Obama.

thread here

Good job Obama, you have the terrorist vote!

It's a freak'n mess. Both Obama and McCain are screwy for this country.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

When did HAMAS attack America? When did they fly airplanes into the WTC and the Pentagon? When did HAMAS have Osama Bin Laden as its leader? Weird week though. Colin Powel endorses Obama, Osama Bin Laden endorses McCain.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
One more time:

This doesn't mean anything!

God people, why does this matter at all? Why do you all keep bringing this up, thread after thread?

Terrorists will be terrorists regardless of who is in office, it's a fear factor, non-issue. Do you honestly think they give a crap about who is in office?

Do you really think it matters if they support Obama or McCain, if so you are an idiot. There, I said it; no more skirting the issue.

If you honestly think these Hammas, Al-Qauda, Cuba, etc... support pieces mean a damn thing in a candidates policy than you are an idiot.

God damnit people, at least pretend policy means anything anymore.

[edit on 10/22/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

Why does it matter? www.abovetopsecret.com... That's why. Palin and McCain say Obama is palling around with terrorists when the terrorists are supporting them! They say "Don't vote Obama he knows Ayers!" Oops, the people who killed thousands of Americans on 9/11 say VOTE MCCAIN!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I thought everyone who wasn't Sean Hannity realized that McCain is shooting himself in the foot with his Ayers attempts.

If you want to adress the 'bad people who may have influence over a candidate' thing, then we should look at people who the candidates have actual contact with. Someone like Pastor Muthea(sp?), just to pick one.

You know, the terrorist who Palin gives much credit to in helping her to get elected.

You know, the guy who decided a woman was a witch, organized a mob (including police), ran her out of town and killed her snake because she didn't repent and become Christian.

That's an actual terrorist who has actual relationships with a candidate. The best way to adress the Ayers/terrorist crap is to bring out the Muthea/terrorist crap.

Don't adress apples with oranges.

[edit on 10/22/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

I agree that it's stupid. But the republicans on here and across America think its the most vital thing today. Ignore Iraq, ignore the failign economy, ignore Osama Bin Laden endorsing McCain. So I'm throwing it back in their face.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

The reality shows that your appreciation for the general American intelligence is somewhat hopefully naive. They believe it. They eat it up. They are a force to be reckoned with and they must be acknowledged, if just to know what a huge number of people sitting next to you daily really believe.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 22-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The Ayers thing 'works' because people think, 'Obama knows the man personally, has talked to the man'. Why are you not bringing up people the other candidates know personally and have talked to? Why bring up people who have no potential influence.

That's the point you seem to be missing: Potential influence. That is what makes the Ayers attacks constant.

Again, you gain nothing by adressing apples with oranges.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes the are clearly rejoicing in the in the middle east at our economic problems as witnessed here in Afghanistan were the Taliban Local 420 got together for a Disco and discuss the financial meltdown.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
the whole support thing is a faking-move, to keep the defender off balance...

understand that AQ in Iraq, the AQ in Afghanistan along with the Taliban have renewed the insurgency and reboubled the efforts in Afghan...
with the new focus and target being Pakistan...

Iraq is now passe'... because everyone over there understands that Iran-&-Iraq are destined to unite and force out the American permanent bases.

McCain & his myopic view of 100 yrs in Iraq is a diversion that AQ is engaging in as a PsyOps with the american voting public & lawmakers.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This isn't even al'qaeda, its some guy on a terrorist forum. This would be like the media reporting on Obama, based on something someone on this forum said. This is such a crock and another obvious attempt by the media to smear McCain in these last few weeks,. Its really showing their desperation.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My first thought was "If I were a terrorist, I would say I supported the person I did not want to win". That way people would say what is being said here and may vote the way I want them to.

I don't believes this matters one way or the other however think about it. These are not totally stupid people.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
When did HAMAS attack America?

Oh comeon … Hamas is a terrorist organization that wants the destruction of the USA. Are you going to say that having officials from HAMAS endorse Obama is somehow not bad? If having a pro-al-qaeda blogger endorse McCain is bad, then having OFFICIALS from Hamas endorse Obama is really, really bad.

Jerusalem Post Hamas to Muslims – Attack US Interests!

Daniel Pipes Org US at war with Hamas and Hezbollah (in Iraq)

Hamas Military Operations in North America

Egypt charges Hamas attack plot against US interests

Hamas urges attacks against US interests

When did HAMAS have Osama Bin Laden as its leader?

There are other whackadoos then UBL out there. Arafat (of the PLO) for example.
Just because UBL is more famous doesn’t let HAMAS off the hook for being bad.

Osama Bin Laden endorses McCain.

actually, this 'endorsement' is just some bloggers at an al-qaeda web site.
In no way did UBL endorse McCain.
It was UBLs sympathizers. (which is bad, but still – your statement is false)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
My first thought was "If I were a terrorist, I would say I supported the person I did not want to win". That way people would say what is being said here and may vote the way I want them to.

I don't believes this matters one way or the other however think about it. These are not totally stupid people.

That's far too simple to actually work. More realistically would be supporting the person you want to win knowing Americans would think you actually want him to actually lose. Which results in their voting for the candidate you want to win.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

How can you not see that this is:

a. A cheap political ploy orchestrated by the Democrats

or

b. Al-Qaeda's ploy at influencing Americans to vote for Obama, hence allowing them to fight an enemy with an inexperienced leader at the helm.

No wonder American politics is decided by how much the candidates spend on propaganda... it seems some are bloody easy to sway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join