It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Iran officials recommend preemptive strike against Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Top Iran officials recommend preemptive strike against Israel

www.haaretz.com

Senior Tehran officials are recommending a preemptive strike against Israel to prevent an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear reactors, a senior Islamic Republic official told foreign diplomats two weeks ago in London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think this is just adding more fuel to the fire. I also think that an Iran attack on Israel could lead to a massive response by Israel. I'm curious what you all think.

How do you think Israel would respond to an attack by Iran. Would this include a nuclear option?

I always read how Iran's intentions are peaceful and that remarks about wiping Israel off the map are taken out of context. Is advocating a preemptive attack also just remarks being taken out of context?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well seeing as how it is an Israeli paper, I would take it with a grain of salt. Maybe it is just me, but I think that if Iran was planning a strike against Israel, they wouldn't let the Israelis know about it.

That also begs the question that if they were planning it, how did Israel find out? And since they do know, do they really think that Iran will follow through now that it is no longer a surprise party?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

No kidding!

Considering the source. I doubt it's validity.
propaganda

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Israel is by far a bigger threat to Iran than Iran is to Israel. With several hundred nuclear weapons mounted on long range missiles, a far larger air force and almost monthly practice bombing runs on Iran, why should they NOT think about a first strike option to protect themselves? Is that doctrine only for the US and it's friends?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Typical Israeli BS .. as usual

Israel's antics are tired. So tired.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
why should they NOT think about a first strike option to protect themselves?

Becuase Isreal

is by far a bigger threat to Iran than Iran is to Israel. With several hundred nuclear weapons mounted on long range missiles, a far larger air force and almost monthly practice bombing runs on Iran

[edit on 22-10-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well.. yes.. Ok, you got me there.

They could get lucky though.. maybe..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The 'Is that doctrine only for the US and it's friends?" is awesome.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow, it is almost like when Isreal was constantly saying that they should send sir-strikes into Iran...preemptivley.

You know, how they kept saying they should do it and if they could get our backing they would do it?

I wonder what has Iran on edge?

But don't worry, I am sure this will eventualy be spun to show Iran as an unstable and dangerous nation...while Isreal's repeated threats will get the backseat...hell, the trunk.

::waits the 'Iran is evil' posts::

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Didn't there leader say that he wanted to wipe Israel off the map?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by TSOM87]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

That's my point. His words get spun as evil, terrible, maniac words...

...while Isreal is allowed to spit up everywhere, whenever they want to. Not to mention the issue is always discussed sans history.

One can't be an evil madman while the other is just 'defending it's liberty'.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Didn't there leader say that he wanted to wipe Israel off the map?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by TSOM87]

no he said he thought the people of palestine and israel should hold a referendum and decide if they stay seperate or become one united country again

he also said they should vote in a new goverment you know like a joint one that involves both sides

those evil iranians and thier voting and democratic ideas ... what next talking to one another ?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

To be fair, he has talked about attacking Isreal, my beef is that that makes him evil while Isreal says the same thing and are 'defending their liberty/right to exist'.

We're American's, we're too smart to be propagandized...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

hell even ive talked about attacking israel

but lets face it his suggestion is a more lilkley workiable version of peace then anyone else has come up with

lets look at the american plan

all the evil terrorists ..*cough* i mean elected hamas goveremnt we need you all to put all your weapons in a pile over here and see that big pit over there please go stand next to it and dont mind the large amounts of isareli troops rampaging across the border and headed towards you

ok maybe i exagerated a bit but yeah ^_^

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
We're American's, we're too smart to be propagandized...

OK...

uuuhmmmm.

Right

Meanwhile back at the ranch President Obama said earlier in a speech....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Good points. It is an Israeli newspaper. But you wouldn't expect to see this on Aljazerra.

Perhaps it was leaked and published to take the wind out of the sails of those pushing for a preemptive strike.

Israel definitely has the capacity to strike back much harder than Iran can strike so, to me, it would seem foolish for Iran to strike Israel.

But this also brings to mind the Iranian ship that was hijacked by pirates and found to contain radioactive material. Could Iran have been attempting to use a huge dirty bomb against Israel?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I doubt Iran would like to lose what little empathy it has left from others in the world by launching a strike against Israel.

For one, Israel's better armed and backed, and a huge bulk of the U.S. military is squatting right outside Iranian territory. If Iran attacked Israel pre-emptively, then Israel would retaliate hard, and the U.S. would be able to use its forces in Iraq and Afghanistan to attack Iran from both sides.

I'm not being one of those flag waving dolts when I wave this, but c'mon, a pre-emptive strike when the U.S. military is basically both of your next door neighbors? Iran better have a few aces up its sleeves if that's really what it's planning.

They'd be smart to continue undermining the U.S. (and Israel) covertly.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Somehow, I don't think that the Israelis want to live side by side with the people who strap explosives to themselves and blow themselves up in markets.

So, on the surface, this suggestion seems a little silly doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

havnt you realised yet dirty bomb is a bomb

the radiation released wont do anything, well unless everyone stands still for 3 years exactly where theya re and no one decided to send a clean up crew

its been tested by several goverements the U.S included

and it was chemical reactions not radiation that killed the pirates

Iran wont strike first its suicide should Israel atatck them though they are in prime position diplomatically and most of the middleeast will be ready to lynch israel

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join