It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell the real "butcher" of Bagdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Of any single man on earth the good general is singularly responsible for each death in Iraq since 1991 and every american soldier since GWII started.

in 1991 just as swartzkoff was about to invade bagdad and take out sadam the good general stepped in and stopped him. The massive murder done by Sadam afterwards is squarely on Colin's head.

Next just before the start of GWII it was again the good general who personally went to the UN to ask for permission to invade Iraq and it was HE who brought up WMD's based on all the intel from around the world. How is it the good general "the most trusted" with all his grand military expertise got "bad" intel? BS..........

Colin Powel is not trying to rewrite history to change the facts by backing his vileness obamassiah..............

Former US secretary of state Colin Powell says his United Nations speech making the case for the US-led war on Iraq was "a blot" on his record.

Mr Powell has also said that he had "never seen evidence to suggest" a connection between the September 11, 2001 terror attacks in the United States and the Saddam regime.

In the February 2003 presentation to the UN Security Council, Mr Powell forcefully made the case for war on the regime of Saddam Hussein, offering "proof" that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMD).

www.abc.net.au...

How is it this real crimminal can get away with such lies?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Heliosprime, you really hit the new low with this post.

Man's being truthful to his consciousness and admitting no 9/11-Saddam link is a criminal in your book? The soldier who served in Vietnam? Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I agree, this is pretty low. You know that Bush Senior halted the advance on Baghdad in GW I, General's don't dictate the political limitations of wars. And you know that Bush and Rumsfeld sent him to give the speech at the UN, Generals don't just decide to address the UN.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Bush 41 stoppeed the advance into Iraq (Gulf War I) per orders from the United Nations. Bush41 followed directives from the UN so you can blame the United Nations for not finishing the job ~15 years earlier.

It wasn't Powells fault. It's Saddam and the United Nations fault.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What a tool. You actually think that a general has the authority to make a call as significant as that? Wake up. That decision came from the very top. This is clearly a cheap smear post because Powell endorsed Obama. Otherwise this would have been brought up --- oh I don't know --- 10+ years ago maybe? You McCain lackeys should be ashamed of yourself. And you wonder why you're losing the election.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I hope McCain gets hold of this one and uses it in his next rally.

People talk of Obama supporters "drinking Kool-aid". I ask you... What would make a person accuse a decorated and respected American war hero of crimes worse than Saddam Hussein? What possible "Kool-aid" could cause this kind of twisted thinking? If you ask me (and I know you didn't) the Kool-aid being slurped by the Obama-phobes is FAR stronger than anything being consumed by his supporters. And this thread is 100% proof (pun intended).

I don't say this often, but shame on you.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime in 1991 just as swartzkoff was about to invade bagdad and take out sadam the good general stepped in and stopped him. The massive murder done by Sadam afterwards is squarely on Colin's head.

'Scuz me, but wasn't it Daddy Bush that decided not to take out Saddam? Seems to be that once his territorial/oil ambitions had been beaten back into submission, it was decided to leave him in place as a 'stabilizing influence' over the region.

Jeez...funny I wasn't seeing the knives come out untill Powell endorsed Obama. Transparency in government doesn't mean looking stupid.

Self edit to say it looks like I'm not alone in my comments...remind me to read the whole thread before I respond.

But it was such a cheap shot....

[edit on 22-10-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
he got royally screwed on the UN briefing he has admitted it before

they gave him the info told him everything they wanted him to know gave him his little pot of white powder a pat on the head and sent him off

it wasnt till after he found out just how much he had been screwed over

the man may have done wrong in his careir but can he be held responsible for a propagnada campaign when he wasnt aware it was propaganda

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Amazing the total lack of history here.........anyone remember the road of death........the road to bazra? It was Powell who saw the destruction, thought it was "too much" and went to bushy41 and got him to stop the war. It was all over the news back then..............

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wow, how quickly some are prepared to turn on their own.

This has nothing to do with Powell backing Obama, I betchya!

My only quam with powell, is he allowed himself to be pushed into presenting dodgy intel.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Bush Sr. chose not to take out Saddam because he could not see an exit strategy if we invaded Baghdad and stirred up a hornets nest (he had no conscience, but he DID have a brain!).

Seriously I can't stand Obama, but this post really is low.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Bush Sr. chose not to take out Saddam because he could not see an exit strategy if we invaded Baghdad and stirred up a hornets nest (he had no conscience, but he DID have a brain!).

Seriously I can't stand Obama, but this post really is low.

Err.... this has nothing to do with Obamassiah or Mcinsane........Powell is one of those inside the beltway "elites" who always gets a pass.

What the good general did while at the state dept is treason and he should have gone down for what he did..........
So many of his "underlings" were so secure with there lefist opinions they could leak classified info to the press to change policy. That is treason when you sign up for classified work.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by heliosprime]

top topics

join