It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof--GOD Exists--Athiests I will Prove it Scientifically--!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
STAR & FLAG this, because it’s gonna get interesting.

FINALLY THE PROOF YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

GOD DOES EXIST AND I CAN PROVE IT.

No but or if’s about it.

THIS IS IT---THE SMOKING GUN.

You cannot deny the facts and these are scientifically proven.

It’s really very simple,
Just watch this:

OPEN YOUR MIND & CLICK
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There is no god, we are an accident. The result of a gallactic split condom!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GOD_IS_REAL

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Nice try, no cigar. Watch it again and notice the phrases like "assume" and "would be most logical". This is anything but scientific proof.

By the way, I do think there can be a solid, logical, borderline scientific case made for the existence of God, but it would take way more than a 2 minute youtube video to explain it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
just because there may have been energy prior to the big bang going bang doesnt mean it had a big white beared and a desire to write a book

it shows there could possibly be a god but there could also be a gnome called eric that created everything, or there could have been stored energy in a natural form or there could have been anything whats so ever

there could be an invisible tap dancing penguin on top of my monitor right now but that isnt proof its there now is it?

the banana theory was more convincing

[edit on 22/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That is hardly the smoking gun. It points in a proper direction then goes off half-cocked with (ill?)logical leaps. Why is a mind needed to create order and complexity instead of order and complexity being needed to create a mind? Of course order and complexity don't explain a mind at all in regards to phenominal consciousness.

Why do I have to buy into weasel words like "it's not unreasonable to assume" and "this seems extremely illogical" in order to complete this "proof"? Why must it end in an ad hominem accusing me of being closed-minded if I don't agree?

HINT: The false dichotomy is science or religion. Think "both but neither" if you can find sense in this statement.
We need different thinking tools.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i don't support one way or the other particularly but this website intrigued me in when debating such a topic as this...

www.godproven.com

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Proof--GOD Exists--Athiests I will Prove it Scientifically--!

Personally, I have no reservations about the ongoing attempt to 'prove the existence' of God. But I am not going to simply accept the OP's assertion, or that of his or her source, without a clear understanding of it.

Scientific proof is not an exercise in logical rhetoric or sophistic dialectics. Scientific 'proof' must be directly measurable and self-evident.

Hawkings' assertion is misrepresented or misunderstood in the context. While it is true this universe hasn't 'always' existed, ignoring 'time' as a limitation of perception; that doesn't mean that others haven't. Which returns us to the old 'chicken and the egg' question of what came first. This question is a barrier in our reasoning abilities because mankind cannot understand the universe without including the measuring and perceiving of temporal sequence.

Also, if energy is to be used as the wellspring of the reasoning, it is poised precariously, because we have already measured the effects of entropy in the universe. Following this reasoning we see entropy dictates that eventually this 'energy' will find a state of equilibrium dissipating into a low-energy static unchanging virtual desert of activity.

God, as our collective psyche seems to have been able to conceive it, is only a matter of faith. Believe because you choose to. Accept that and the detractors lose all traction. It is a matter of being comfortable saying that "My heart leads me to accept the belief that God does exist." Logic and science are tools.., they are the means to discovery not the end.

"Faith" is an expression of humanity, 'hope' some would call it, but in the end, it transcends notional computation.

Those who wish to ignore the phenomenon in deference to measurements and language-based reason, make a choice to do so.

Why should the choice of faith enter into the realm of science? Is there a point?

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Smoking gun? Scientifically proven? You my young fellow must be a tad mistaken. The title of your thread suggests God may have moved into your house, kindly provided a holier than thou DNA sample then flew back into the sky witnessed by an entire BBC film crew, ISS astronaut first hand accounts and statues of the Virgin Mary crying blood worldwide.

Alas - a crap Youtube video is all that is offered with comments that small children usually spurt out to their parents after Sunday School. By all means - believe in your God but please abide by the unknown ATS 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Mask Crap Threads With Inviting Thread Titles

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Before i start my opinion i think i should tell you that i think religion is quite silly. There are so many of them and the are all trying to control people by taking out each other. I am an Atheist but the opinion i am about to tell you is biast.

I was made to believe that a god existed outside of the metaphysical universe. Now science can only prove thing exist with some kind of physical evidence. A book is in no way proof that he's there.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You point out why we need to transcend our current ways of thinking and in a gentler tone at that (I seem to have a chip on my shoulder for all of humanity-- apologies). Personally, my heart tells me something much greater than a notion of a God, exists. The same "greater than" applies to materialism. This "thing" however, I possess no vocabulary to adequately describe it as to me it is a pure abstraction of sorts that lies still and silent in my mind.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I just asked something very similar to this subject about a month ago in the O&C forum (about the origins of energy and matter) but nobody really knew, although some interesting information was provided. I'd like to see this one go down well but one thing worries me:

In order to make this 'interesting,' you will need to return and actually defend the science and your position in your O.P. I'm not trying to be snarky but there have been several 'Proof of God' threads on ATS and so many times the OP drops a bomb then never returns to defend their position. I see you already logged out but if you are truly interested in making this worthwhile, you will need to return and defend it.

If not, all that is going to happen is it will be ripped apart and whatever effort you were trying to put into, what I assume is, evangelizing will be wasted. It's imperative you don't post and run on topics like this where you are wanting to actually make a difference. If you do, it gets ripped apart, your thread does no good, and even worse, it does more harm because it can make a good argument appear weak because you do not defend it.

Sorry about ranting but this is a topic I'd like to know more about so please return and actually defend your point.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I love when people create accounts and post controversial topics that have been rehashed a million times in an effort to get stars, flags and ATS points without any sort of comment other than, "CHECK OUT MY LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAR AND FLAG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This is just over-sensualized crap in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I love when people create accounts and post controversial topics that have been rehashed a million times in an effort to get stars, flags and ATS points without any sort of comment other than, "CHECK OUT MY LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAR AND FLAG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This is just over-sensualized crap in my opinion.

Kinda like 29.95 is used to make you think the product you buy is cheaper than 30 dollars. Could someone tell us that live out in the sticks with no broadband what the hell the youtube video is saying...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ok there is really no point to argue one way or the other. This is ATS/BTS you have to have everyone that posts a reply in the same place and demand God to do some kind of miracle. I mean a big one like parting the sea or something. Then watch everyone argue there is a scientific reason it happened. So you can show them with their own eyes and they would still no believe it. LOL welcome to ATS/BTS. But I do love this place.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GOD_IS_REAL

FINALLY THE PROOF YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

GOD DOES EXIST AND I CAN PROVE IT.

No but or if’s about it.

THIS IS IT---THE SMOKING GUN.

You cannot deny the facts and these are scientifically proven.

It’s really very simple,
Just watch this:

OPEN YOUR MIND & CLICK
www.youtube.com...

G_I_R,

Wow!!

Great video!!!

TIME and CHANCE...

vs.

An Intellectual Starter?

Occums Razor...the most simple, logical solution??????

says...

GOD!

who said thru Saul of Tarsus...For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've been working to explain logically and scientifically what "God" is. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been doing an absolutely amazing job.

This video is no where near anything that is solid proof.

You need to be able to draw lines of logic and reason together, not assume. For intance, I won't go into it much because my head hurts from repeating it a ridiculous amount of times lately. But energy is eternal, neither created or destroyed, time and space are one, time and space are energy, thus time and space are eternal. The Eternal One or "God" as you call it, is everywhere and everything, the energy, and it's always existed. It didn't just boom into existence and it doesn't collapse onto itself. It's here and now and always has been.

The Big Bang is not science. As much as the religious defy and hate science, it's what is, will, and now has made your invisible deity, visible. Your omnipresent "God" is the Being of the Eternal One, or the energy that is everything and everywhere.

Well, I don't want to get deep into this and I'm more interested in learning more about the Eternal One than attempting to teach right now. I apologize.

Know your God and you will wake up.

new topics

top topics

join