It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aquatic Ape Theory~Very Interesting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

AIDS I believe...?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
reply to post by Versa

AIDS I believe...?

no it wasn't AIDS it was something obscure, I watched a program about the aquatic ape theory which mentioned it but as I suffer from mummy memory I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I'll see if I can find the program somewhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Oh I see. Forgive me, I thought you were referring to the dormant Virus that mutated once humans had contracted it somehow from monkeys. Turned out to be AIDS for those who don't know.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This thread is like 2 years old. Why are we bumping it?

reply to post by jexmo

AIDS is a condition, HIV is the virus.
edit on 22-2-2011 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Forgive me, I didn't realise that if I didn't go into greater detail, I would be corrected. I will most certainly not make the same mistake again. The VIRUS im referring to is a Virus. Carried by (but not affecting) monkeys. It remains dormant as they are immune. We caught HIV from the monkeys. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus (a member of the retrovirus family) that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)

Therefore you do not contract the condition, you contract the Viral Infection.

Just to geek it up a bit more. A patient has AIDS if he or she is infected with HIV and presents with one of the following:

A CD4+ T-cell count below 200 cells/µl (or a CD4+ T-cell percentage of total lymphocytes of less than 15%)

Sorry for going off topic OP. I can't stand to be corrected.

edit on 22/2/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
TY so very much for the topic...not sure how I missed your thread.........off to start @ the beginning..

Glad someone has ran with this.....

nice work Karl...

ok yeah threads older than I realized, I was hoping it was bigfoot related.....would explain lots!
Really hate that I'm the one mentioning it TBH....now I'm a wack OOO

I cant for the life of me find the link, but in the 40's? a german man wrote a survival guide to evade pursecution sp?

Anyways after years of study and practice, he freely moved all over occupied territories, by remianing nocturnal, and in the river sytems...
And was one of the reasons I started thinking how many aspects of sasquatch, and his theories had in common.
No bodies, never seen"rarely", cover huge distances a day, follow seasonal temps and fruitation of plants..etc..etc...
But before I get off topic too far... ty for the thread!
edit on 22-2-2011 by Doc Holiday because: darn OCD and blank boxs and finished reading thread

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is a classic case of "You are what you eat". Humans are so opportunistic that they have always been semi-aquatic. The easiest and most abundant means of feeding would be along waterways and coastlines.

Humans cannot be in water for long periods of time. Our skins begin to degrade by taking in too much water. Humans have to be able to dry more frequently than other semi-aquatics and often our oils are unbalanced across our surface.

I believe the reason "people" are so different is their diet and their environment. Short full-lunged people who can withstand the Andes, and tall frail people who live in the cities; each has a body that has adapted by diet and environment. Any characteristics such as body fat distribution are likely a parallel to the type of fats we consume as well as the types of cartilage and tissue (plant or animal).

Most likely our choices today in the types of foods and chemicals we consume will effect the future Human in ways we may never fully understand. If Nature does what Nature does so well there is a likelihood that some of our current characteristics will be our demise, this includes immunity and diseases as well as our general body failures. Not many healthy Humans around these days! Most of us would not be here if it were not for some intervention at some time in our development. The Balance is off enough now that we will never know what the future Human will be like, maybe they will finally have Cities underwater and we will get a secondary eyelid for swimming!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
This thread is like 2 years old. Why are we bumping it?

There were 3 options

1. Leave an interesting thread to disappear into obscurity

2. Make another thread about the same subject

3. Bump this one

I went for option 3, is that enough reason for you?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
also if you think about it, the earth used to be covered in more water than land millions of years ago, it only makes sense that life existed from water, and evolved from it as well, maybe we as a species decided to leave the water for land, and yet some stayed behind..which would explain the existence of what we call mermaids

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
also if you think about it, the earth used to be covered in more water than land millions of years ago, it only makes sense that life existed from water, and evolved from it as well, maybe we as a species decided to leave the water for land, and yet some stayed behind..which would explain the existence of what we call mermaids

Mm what an interesting thread.I thought I was reasonably well read but have to confess this is a totally new theory to me,,how did I miss it.lol

It has a lot of merit and is certainly thought provoking.

Btw there is still more water than land in terms of area.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The argument against the aquatic ape theory is to point out that the Japanese Macque are quite aquatic in their behaviour and still don't walk upright... but then again perhaps they haven't been at it as long.

I always thought they had a human-looking quality about them whilst in the water.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by region331

wow, incredible how you can see how he is analyzing his surroundings almost like having one of those "hmm, what am i gonna do today" kind of looks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

yea i only recently stumbled upon this subject and it makes a whole lot of sense, i find it sad how we have lost touch with our true nature to the point where we dont even know who we are anymore. everyone is so caught up on their daily dead end races, and fewer and less people are taking the time to stop and just contemplate who we are and where we truly came from.

just look at your hand, open it up wide and look at the almost gone webbing between our fingers, soon we will evolve to the point of being completely useless

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
web feet lol are you really talking science thats no science its stupid maybe you should be looking fore gills lol

web feet lol gills

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
gills not web feet or hands you have to breath simple logic breath first then swim web hands and feet lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join