It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russian tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i am new here so just go easy ( first post) . i was thinking about what the russians have done since the 50's first country to put a sattlite into space first country to put a man into space they also had tthe equivelent of the space shuttle in 1985 but the program went bust because of money. do you think that if the russians could spent what the us miltary spends annually ( 400 bilion) and previous years gone by that not only would the russians be with there with us miltary tech that a friend said to me once that the u.s would probaly be years behingd the russians
thank you

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I always found it strange that the Russians just abandoned their efforts to land on the moon, when they were so close to it back in the 60's. At least then they would have done it - better than not at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I doubt the Russian are anywhere near the US in tech weaponry anymore, there's no way they could spend 400bn a year on developing these projects because the average Russian weekly wage is $60.

So that would be the equivalent of approx $3.5trillion a year to their government.

The Russians have their 20,000 odd Nukes, a pretty powerful armada, a good air force, a lot of well trained soldiers and a massive expanse of land that would be almost impossible to invade properly.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Russia has always had better if not rival weaponry that the americans had...lol your funny..the russians already had better technological capabilities. And they didnt need as much money as the west!!

top topics

join