It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossad: green light to kill anywhere, including US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
From the United Press Intl.

" Israel is embarking upon a more aggressive approach to the war on terror that will include staging targeted killings in the United States and other friendly countries, former Israeli intelligence officials told United Press International.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has forbidden the practice until now, these sources said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The Israeli statements were confirmed by more than a half dozen former and currently serving U.S. foreign policy and intelligence officials in interviews with United Press International."

www.upi.com...

Now that the US preemptive policy to attack anyone anywhere in the world is acting as the perfect cover reason for allies and enemies alike ( * where is that chorus of "I told you so" coming from!!?!
*), does anyone care to guess from whom the next such declaration will come? Also, how do you think it will shape the global political picture when assasinations are carried out in some other country's back yard?
And who in hell actually thought the Mossad DIDN'T have a standing license to kill!?!?

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ok - ok, another good point BT (especially about mossad). Look at how Israel reacted after the US launched the 'war on terror.' Same thing, they want to follow us, use the US methods for justification, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great! Maybe the Mossad, a highly effective agency, will be able to do what we cannot (due to incompetence and 8 years of strangulation) do. Considering they have been fighting for their very existence for about 54 years and know better with what we are dealing, I'd bet they'll do a good job and us a favor.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
But snuffing folks in Arlington, VA or Paris or London or Beejeebus forbid, in the United Arab Emirates is going to cause an uproar and incident, no? Especially if we start getting into dual citizenships or heck, just plain citizenship of the country they were killed in instead of some terror sponsor nation? Not all these folks have records, some I'm sure don't even register on INTERPOL's radar but do on the Mossad's, so the burden of proof becomes more sticky.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yeah, it sure could cause a big problem, unless they are clean about it.
Do you suppose the countries might not investigate so hard if they suspect it was a terrorist whacked by the Mossad?

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm sure the American security services would love to have these powers.
Mossad has become the most efficient assination organisation in the world. Most of there 'hits' have been clean and effective. People know that if they commit a terrorist attack against Israel, there is a damn good chance they will be found.
Who knows maybe the US will allow Mossad to eliminate terrorists within her boarders. It would be the most efficient way of dealing with these terrorists.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Unless mossad screws up,I doubt we would ever now they killed anyone.I watched a show on mossad not to long ago,very effective killers.There in and out and no one knows they were there.

Though they did screw up after the terrorist's attack at the olympics in 72.They killed the wrong guy,then got caught.Nobody perfect.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'd guess they'll be showing up in London to wack those muslim clerics that have been recruiting terrorists for decades and going public about their hatred for the WEST. Killing the recruiters and PR men who are well known should help slowdown the flow of recruits.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great post BT.
TC,You think countries might not investigate if they have an idea Mossad were involved.I don't think that would be the case in Europe.No doubt European countries will be accused of being anti-semetic if they do investigate such crimes but as we are accused of that now I can't see that it could make a difference perhaps in America where domestic and foreign policy are driven by the large Jewish lobby you may be right,but then,since when have mere legalities stood in the way of re-election.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think we can't discount the Psy Ops/disinformation factor in all of this: Has the Mossad been under this license to kill as standard operating procedure since their inception? Of Course. So why manufacture a leak of the obvious? A pending campaign that they've already calculated to be unavoidably dirty, i.e. no way their fingerprints wouldn't be found all over it, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Interesting idea BT.But,since when have the Israeli's been worried about international public opinion.

Unless it were a high profile assasination in the USA or Europe that could not be disguised as something else.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There will be no public outcry because they will kill these thugs away from the public view. There will be no killing on national TV, it will be in some back alley in say London at 3am when these thugs are sneaking around. The killing will only make the local newspapers, unless it's a bigtime terrorist known worldwide. Either way, I really don't care how famous the terrorist is as long as he/she is dead.

As usual the left whines about people out there risking their lives for the rest of humanity, what a joke!

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MT69
As usual the left whines about people out there risking their lives for the rest of humanity, what a joke!

While we can debate the merits of 21st Century Nations acting as feudal Chinese Warloards via Assasin diplomacy.......from who was there a whine?

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Interesting idea BT.But,since when have the Israeli's been worried about international public opinion.

Unless it were a high profile assasination in the USA or Europe that could not be disguised as something else.

Along the lines of what I was thinking, with one caveat. It could be high profile or high volume.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If it's a mass number of assassinations, it wouldn't seem like it, as it would be over various locales, methods of death, etc. and would be hard to tie one to the other.

As for high-profile cases, they wouldn't just be taken out and the bodies left to be found...the body would be destroyed, making it seem that the terrorist simply disappeared again...

I say, let the experts do their thing...

new topics

top topics

join