It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and " Future Gun Bans"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Have you been here? This fear you talk about does not exist...at least not outside of the bad parts of a few cities.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Again, when the criminals and terrorists walk up to authority and say "ok I will go along with your gun ban" and turn over their guns will be the day when hell freezes over.

Gun bans wont keep guns out of the criminal or black market hands...PERIOD.

It is nothing more than political BrewSky to convince sheeple to follow the leader off the cliff of death.

Well those of you who follow the lead lemming can go right ahead and jump....while I sit back with my collection of guns and protect my family and property from criminals and terrorists who get their guns regardless of what law is passed.

Since when did a criminal obey the law????

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Like it or not they are telling it as it is. We have unpoliced borders with millions of illegals coming across a year. We really can't rely on our law enforcement or our judicial system or the politicians who are supposed to have the welfare of our citizens at heart. Pretty much any career criminal is championed by the media as a victim and the people that have to deal with the mess are vilified as evil war mongers if they legally purchase a gun. All of the criminals have guns and it's easy for them because they don't mind breaking the law. They are criminals. That's what they do. There is more violent crime in the states where guns are banned. Things are not the same here as they are over in Europe.
I spent a few years in Europe and never worried for my safety. Some places I go here in the States, I feel better knowing the citizens have guns. At least somebody is around to keep the criminals in check.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
OK, ive been lurking for a very long time and gun control is something that is close to my heart. The guys that dont even live in america who are posting anti gun propaganda on this post, thats fine by me if you want to express your opinion. I live in the USA and you know what, this is a free country and people are entitled to an opinion (even though you are not from the USA, i will hear it anyway, your welcome) .

Now back to gun laws. Im in the military and am a veteren of the recent wars. Im not gonna get into a topic about reasons for the wars so dont start it here. I serve my country because i believe in the constitution, and i beleive in a persons freedom to have a choice. I own ak47s, ar15s handguns and all kinds of weapons (all legal). You know why? Because it is my right as a citizen of the USA. So all you folks out there that keep saying, why must people own the scary guns, hunting guns are ok but why the military style scary ones. Well i already gave you the answer. Because it is my right to own them or not.

And another thing. You people who are scared that the government will crack down and use the military to take your weapons. I got news for you. The US military are also citizens and a large majority of them like their rights just as much as the next guy, so do you think they are gonna disarm America when that means disarming themselves? Even if the US army tried, each state has a national guard and if it came to a cival war type scenario the National guard will more than likely be for the state and not the government. And there may be fewer individuals in the National Guard but the armories are way more wide spread and common than the us army bases, not to mention "citizen soldiers" who are also civilians and would be a nightmare for any type of group that thinks they would come into towns and start disarming (think of the movie the patriot). You also have to throw in all the old vets who are no longer in the military but im willing to bet they will fight before they are disarmed.

Im sure there are some other miltary out there who agree with me. I would rather go to Afghanistan than to start disarming people in podunk America. So lets be realistic. We have no clue what is going to happen in the future so quit freakin out about it. You can always prepare for the worst by buying one good rifle and lots of ammo.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Haha. I'm a high school junior and I dont know a WHOLE LOT about this issue, but I'm writing a STUPID research paper on gun control (i thought it would be fairly simple) and had to do a little research (shocker) so I kinda know what's going on.
But let me just say that this post made me laugh, not only because I personally believe that Obama is the next Kanye West (in the sense of making people believe he really is GOD) but because it was funny. thanks. :]

And I'm also pretty sure this isn't going to fly with the people of the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There is a saying,"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"
If guns were outlawed the crime rate would go up so much that the army would have to be posted on very street corner to control it which may be what some people want. The people that are committing the crimes are not going to be bothered by yet another law. There are breaking so many already what is one more. Gangs will take over because they will be the only ones with guns. They will grow in size as more and more people join them and it will be a mess unlike anything ever seen. .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join