It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and " Future Gun Bans"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Second Amendment has saved the US from Invasion twice in the 20th Century. Japan considered invading California after Pearl Harbor. But this is what Yamamoto said:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

During the Cold War, a defector was asked about Russia's plans to invade America. Defector said Russia was not afraid of the US military. They were afraid of the armed American Citizens.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Obama does intend to remove guns from everyone except police.

Palin intends for every retarded, incestraped, mutated drug baby to be born as cannon fodder regardless of what is right for the soul or the Mother. Palin represents Legal drug cartels, Forced Christian Crusades and death to all wildlife for the betterment of the oil corporations.

Now who are the other candidates and their stances?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Look, all I have been hearing from my friends on the far right is that they are terrified Obama is going to try and ban guns. Specifically he will supposedly bring back the Clinton AWB and make it stricter. I think this is crap for several reasons. First, Obama wants to get elected again in 2012 if he wins. Any ban of any kind on any type of firearms or magazine will ensure that he will loose in 2012, and so will most of the dems in the house and senate. Another point is that even if he is dumb enough to try and pass another AWB it will be at least until after the summer of 09 before it comes up for a vote, and I am willing to bet my left you know what that it never passes. Even with dems in the majority. If one does pass, you can expect another Heller type case headed for the Supreme Court. And it will be well after 2012 before Obama puts anybody on the bench. So guns are off the table IMHO. This is a fear tactic being used by the right, and pushed along by gun companies who are showing record profit over this nonsense. McCain is more likely to ban guns if you want the truth. Even our current leader said he would sign a AWB if it hit his desk.....One has not. So, somebody please tell me why this is a issue right now? My guess is Obama will pass some kind of ban on selling guns at gun shows without a legit dealer transfer on a 4473. Which as a legit dealer is fine with me. That and I am betting a tax on ammo. That is probably it. So please everybody calm down. I am still voting for McCain, but on social issues like taxes and foreign policy. I am not dumb enough to follow the Obama is going to ban guns and enslave us crowd. If Obama wins fine. Life goes on. I will respect Obama as commander and chief. I also want to add that if one more person I know on the right calls Obama the n word, they will have a 6 foot tall 260 pound man smashing their face in. I am sick of this racism that is coming back like this is 1954. Lets all just calm down, and be happy that we still live in the best place on earth. Texas......lol.....Kidding USA.

I've got a great idea. How about no one votes for either of the status Quo, we play a little Survivor, blindside them and vote for Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich. Wouldn't that throw a log into their proverbial asses.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Kallyx

Even the Brady Campaign admits through the charts and ratings on their own website that stricter gun laws and gun bans lead to greater gun crime. Take no.1 for instance. California. The Brady people love California for it's strict gun laws.

yeah no crapola. It's because in America the cat's out of the bag. there is no turning back, your country is awash with guns. A ban makes jack difference. I'm just glad to live in a country where guns aren't necesary because the people aren't paranoid of the government or in fear of being invaded by a British military existing 200 years ago. These idiots who think guns are their right are correct but it doesn't ake them a y less paranoid or stupid than what intelligent people stereotype thm as.
They are hicks from every walk of life.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Obama does intend to remove guns from everyone except police.

Palin intends for every retarded, incestraped, mutated drug baby to be born as cannon fodder regardless of what is right for the soul or the Mother. Palin represents Legal drug cartels, Forced Christian Crusades and death to all wildlife for the betterment of the oil corporations.

Well at least you are objective enough to recognise Obama's anti-gun stance.

I don't think the intention of this thread was for it to turn into a political slugfest though. We get it, you don't like Palin, or "retarded babies" it seems.

So much for having an unbiased Document Archivist

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kallyx
I don't get why Americans think they can't live without guns. I live in a country where anyone that isn't a cop or a soldier isn't allowed to have a gun. Yet strangely, i dont find myself enslaved... weird huh? Do you know what good this would do to your staggering crime rates?

Crime rates always go up in cities that ban guns. Yeah, we know.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Banning them is one thing finding them is another game.

When they come for my guns i will tell them i sold them years before to a gun dealer at a gun show and leave it to them to prove otherwise.

There are so many gun dealer records that it would take them years with a supercomputer to be able to get there records right.

Some of the guns i have had for over 40 years and in those days the record keeping was not very good.

15 years ago you could sell a gun at a gun show without going through a dealer.
How are they going to track those guns.
I got my AR15 from a non gun dealer at a gun show back in 1976 just let them try to find a record of that sale.

All they can do is ban them and HOPE that the public will turn them in.
Good luck on that.

The day they ban them i will take a drive out into the desert with a shovel and my GPS unit.

If the public takes there guns and buries them or throws them in a river the ban is worthless as the gov will think they are still out there.

The gov is still looking for over 300 M16s that were taken from national guard armorys back in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
they were taken and have vanished from the face of the earth

Someone out there has them or maybe it was aliens that took them.
you would think at least a few would have been found over the years.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Last time I checked, gang members, thieves and thugs dont lawfully own their firearms. Gun bans dont work, its pretty simple.

Actually they do just not oin a country which is already awash with guns. There are simply too mnay in this country to have any effective ban. Cats out of the bag.
I have to laugh at the nutjobs in here who say tehy need guns to protect them from the government, LOL.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm a pretty good shot, but I do not really fancy my chances against the US Army if it comes to that

Anyway, I'm a gun owner, and I'm strongly opposed to the AWB, or "scary looking rifles" ban as I call it. The rationale for it is entirely bogus, and like most gun control laws, has no effect on public safety or crime.

Still, I am voting for Obama, even if I don't like his gun record - which has moderated a great deal over the past few years, NRA (read GOP lol) BS aside... he was pretty anti-gun when he was a State Senator representing an urban Chicago district, when he joined the US Senate and started being responsible for representing a lot of Illinois gun owners, it appears it changed his attitude quite a bit.

IIRC he voted to support a bill, sponsored by Republicans, that banned firearms confiscations in emergencies like the New Orleans gun confiscations after Katrina. So while he's hardly a Second Amendment poster boy, his recent record doesn't seem as aggressively anti-gun as those promoting "gun ban" hysteria would like to pretend...

As far as a general "gun ban", there is about a 0% chance of it happening anytime soon. Even Obama endorsed the recent Heller ruling that the Second Amendment protects a an individual right.

A return of the federal AWB is possible, but not likely.
Even as the Democrats power is growing, many of them are turning away from the gun control issue, they realize it's a political liability outside of big cities.

I certainly don't see an Obama/Bden administration pushing such a thing, despite it being in the party platform - party platforms are written by party hacks, not by the candidates.

The GOP party platform has been to overturn Roe Vs. Wade & ban abortion for 30 years or so, yet no Republican President in that time has really tried...

[edit on 10/24/08 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

15 years ago you could sell a gun at a gun show without going through a dealer.
How are they going to track those guns.

I got my AR15 from a non gun dealer at a gun show back in 1976 just let them try to find a record of that sale.

In many states you still can it's called the gun show loop hole.

I sold an XD45 and a PX4 9mm myself to 2 different guys at a local gunshow with zero paperwork, all I did was check their Arizona drivers license and that was it.

Perfectly legal, for another year or so

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Firstly, you Finns don't have half the world baying for your blood. You also don't have armed Mexican gangs running millions of dollars worth of illegal immigrants and drugs into your country. Your wilderness areas are also not filled with things that would like to eat you, and you do not have the high levels of violent crime we have here in our inner city areas.

well, first lets correct facts. Finland is known for its wildernes and nature. That includes wolfs and bear (and lakes, lots of them). Well, wolfs haven't killed any humans here. Instead you don't want to get bethween bear mother and its child. There are couple cases of bear killing unlucky trekker. Though at my knowledge at least here animals are smart enough to evade humans as soon as animals notice humans. plus problem is not hunting weapons, as i said.

As for americas situation, as rogue1 said: you have lost the situation. you can not close bandoras box anymore. too much killing guns available, too easily. Even if you wanted it you could not do it. For about half world at your blood. Thats what you get, when you run arrogant and stupid foreignpolicy. you can't bully on other people without them reacting back.

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm convinced people outside of America have no concept of the geographical size of the country, how ineffective the police are for a multitude of reasons, how gang control has taken over pockets from the most rural Southern town to entire sectors of major cities in the name of drug profiteering and keeping smuggling routes open.

Don't know about gang's couple mc-groups, which usually just shoot each other and probably couple russian mafias outpost groups. Usually criminals understand here to keep low profile and that hurting people gets you longer jailing. What comes to geographics, well at lapland ambulans and police patrols have patrol areas hundres kilometers wide. It must bad situation it can take couple hours for police to drive to a distress call. On the other hand criminal rates are low here. wich is good.

Originally posted by guppy
The Second Amendment has saved the US from Invasion twice in the 20th Century. Japan considered invading California after Pearl Harbor. But this is what Yamamoto said:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

During the Cold War, a defector was asked about Russia's plans to invade America. Defector said Russia was not afraid of the US military. They were afraid of the armed American Citizens.

We lost landarea at war and the thing that has probably held russian in bay is conscription. we could do that same thing, but orginized by the fdf. It's called guerilla warfare and we are very well trained at that. oh and it was nukes that, russian were afraid of at cold war. They aren't stupid, you know. It is not called MAD for nothing, or better EAD.

Originally posted by dooper
Our of curiosity, does firearm ownership in the USA take anything off your plate?

Well not that directly, but your culture of fear affects your foreignpolicy. Wich is very much our busines. Let me give a hint: your little pre-defencive wars are not very popular around here. Your power movements unstabilice world politics, which makes others worry. One finnish mp said, that he does not want finland to join nato. this because of that, USA presidents daily whims drive whole nato with him.

If that persons sends whole armies to ghost hunt, it is not good.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'd like to buy a rifle for hunting/protection, but the gun laws in my state are ridiculous. I live in Massachusetts, which has some of the toughest gun laws in the state.

Do I have to take some course and get approved or something in order to buy a rifle?

I was under the impression you could just buy a rifle straight-up in any state, but I guess I was wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
oops double

[edit on 26/10/08 by hopea]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kallyx

In my lovely state of Vermont we have the 2nd lowest crime rate per capita in the US and some of the most relaxed gun laws. You don't need a concealed weapons permit to carry. Crime is a social problem, poverty, lack of mental health care, not enough law enforcement, etc. Vermont is full of guns and is very safe. I own firearms for taget practice and hunting and when they are not in use are triple locked, as is ammo and magazines which are all stored seperately. We are a professionals with kids, no records, not even a speeding ticket, no drinking, no drugs. No one in my family that I know of has ever been in trouble with the law, no mental illness or suicides and we all own guns. So I guess you're right, we must be lunatic, rednecks that are a danger to society and ourselves

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

Just thought I'd add that in March of '42 a Japanese sub actually launched a torpedo into Ellwood Beach in CA. Interesting little tidbit.
I don't think any army could successfully disarm the entire state of Texas!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

What state are you in?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As this thread as got some views recently and there are about a half dozen threads on gun ownership out there, I thought I would come back to this one last time. There will be future attempts at new gun laws. Some will pass, some will not hit the POTUS desk. The dirt bags in congress DO NOT want to visit national gun bans anytime soon. The last time they did they lost their seats, and some say put Bush in office twice. Obama and his stroked out VP would like nothing better than to piss off the right and ban scary looking guns. However the slime in the house will not have the balls to send another bill until after 2012. Oh, we may see a ban on private sales, and states allowed to pass whatever bans they want, but a new national AWB is not going to happen anytime soon. Clinton even said that was a mistake. After the Heller victory the libs do not want to loose a case on semi auto rifles, and magazines. That would be the nail in the coffin for the anti gunners. They need a couple more seats on the bench to get that to go their way. That is at least 5-6 years off. But to be on the safe side, if Obama wins, buy all you can for the next 18 months. Between Jan- Sept their will be nothing but the economy and building his staff. Then a bill needs to be drafted, as HR 1022 failed they need a new plan. It needs to run it's course, and all that crap. So you have a little bit to buy and screw their ban idea over. Between now and the next ban their will be MILLIONS of new guns flooding the market. Mags too. So get them while you can as insurance. Someday we may need them to take our country back...Love and Peace to all. Stay safe.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kallyx

Banning guns would do very little to our staggering crime rates as most people who commit crimes with guns do so with guns that are floating around and not legally owned, we law abiding citizens would be the only people really affected, simple common sense, prohibition did nothing to thwart alcohol manufacture and distribution in all reality it probably drove up the demand. think before you speak

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join