It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush 2002 Speech

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
A couple of days ago the following clip was shown in a late night talk show on Dutch TV. Watch yourself to see what Bush says:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I am afraid though, that it might get buried as it's dead of the night here in the U.S. I will check back often hoping this gets seen by the masses!

Dare I say, we have found our culprit to the housing crisis?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

OH YES GEORGE! And now look at the crap we're in, dumb ass..

This video is classic, thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
O, the irony and bs...
2 lines... Everyone should see this

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Nice find. Watching that makes me feel like I'm back in time and I'm unable to stop it.

"One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories. To qualify for home ownership loans, you don't have to have a lousy home. For first time home buyers, you put your mind to it, that first time home buyer, the low income home buyer can have just as nice of home as anyone else."

Hopefully I quoted him correctly. That's the part that made me literally cringe.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
classic

but lets be real about this too...the only reason he was going on about this is because the super freakin poor wanted what the "fat cats" in the next class had. and instead of working for it, they wanted to just get it. they start whining...and (this is the kicker) THEY GOT IT! You see, this is the problem with politicians pandering to all groups. You cant fix everyone...sometimes they have to get out and oh...(Gasp!) FIX THEIR OWN DAMN PROBLEMS!!! God damn I am so sick of the poor whining about being poor...GET AN EDUCATION, GET A JOB...PLAY THE SYSTEM...GET OUT OF THE FREAKING GHETTO!!!!
but no...they do this kind of crap...put themselves in houses they cant afford and end up helping to screw the economy for all of us. grrrrr

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
au.youtube.com...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread403989/pg1&flagit=403989

and I read in todays Adelaide advertiser newspaper that first NEW home buyers will get $25,000.00 cash 22/10/2008 to get the Aussie dream.

sheesh History ignored is history repeated

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
classic

but lets be real about this too...the only reason he was going on about this is because the super freakin poor wanted what the "fat cats" in the next class had. and instead of working for it, they wanted to just get it. they start whining...and (this is the kicker) THEY GOT IT! You see, this is the problem with politicians pandering to all groups. You cant fix everyone...sometimes they have to get out and oh...(Gasp!) FIX THEIR OWN DAMN PROBLEMS!!! God damn I am so sick of the poor whining about being poor...GET AN EDUCATION, GET A JOB...PLAY THE SYSTEM...GET OUT OF THE FREAKING GHETTO!!!!
but no...they do this kind of crap...put themselves in houses they cant afford and end up helping to screw the economy for all of us. grrrrr

If your poor you cant pay for collage and education fees, what kinda stupid thing is that to say, have some consideration..

Let me get this straight, your blaiming the poor for the economic collapse, use your head man..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

classic
but lets be real about this too...the only reason he was going on about this is because the super freakin poor wanted what the "fat cats" in the next class had. and instead of working for it, they wanted to just get it.

Yeah right, after Katrina, do you actually believe that Bush gives a crap about minorities and the poor. Bush knew this type of policy would benefit the rich. This is the only reason he supported this initiative. This type of nationwide policy essentially propped up home values, increased short term profits through higher interest rates and essentially, helped the rich stay rich. However, he could have also done this because he knew that it would ultimately lead to the crisis we are in today.

I know many people here on ATS believe that this crisis was engineered. This video definitely supports that theory. I mean come on, again, do you really believe, after his track record, that Bush ever gave a s*** about the poor???

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary

I mean come on, again, do you really believe, after his track record, that Bush ever gave a s*** about the poor???

No he never did, and he never will. This video has caught him by the bollocks, this should be all over the news..

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if your rich or poor, if the government makes it possible through these mortgage companies to get a house then people are going to do it. The government is corrupt and has been for a while now. It's not just Bush's fault, it's not just the poor's fault, Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac etc...
It's the complete corruption of politicians and the government in whole. It's the Democrats, Republicans and other's in Washington.

Yes people need to be more responsible and smart about their money and what they can afford but so does the government. I guess I would have to say that America is at fault here.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I take it you've never been poor then? Your reponse seems a little harsh and tars everyone with the same brush.

Personally i don't think blaming those that have less will resolve anything,
but perhaps my definition of poor is different to yours.

It would appear that without the uneducated low paid worker the wealthy wouldn't have what they have, a discussion that can go on forever.

So the poor will lose their home and be back in a shoebox, they have lost nothing. The banks will foreclose on the house and resell it cheap also collecting on any mortgage indemnity insurance which would have been paid for by the poor so the banks have lost nothing.

Your taxes will go up to cover the bail out and the dollar in your pocket will buy you less, so you effectively get taxed twice, and the banks will gain yet again.

It would seem that poor people are a vital pawn in the scheme to screw you for every last drop of sweat blood or currency, so you my friend are equally as important to the super rich, as you are funding them.

There is only one thing worse than a man without an education and that is a man who has one but choses to remain ignorant.

For every dollar that's taken from you to fund some drug or alchol poverty or health program, a portion is kept by those who administer them. They in turn buy bigger houses newer cars and may even contribute to your business, or purchase from your employer.

Perhapds you should thank the poor for being poor my friend, they certainly do seem to keep the machine well oiled.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

he reached his goal, sortof....
now, every taxpayer will soon hold part ownership to lots of homes! we might not have a roof over our head, but we will own homes!!! or the government will.....heck, does anyone out there believe that the average joe taxpayer will get any benefit from all these billions/trillions of dollars that is being borrowed in our name? even if they make a profit, all that more than likely will mean is that our fine government will balloon even bigger than it is...they won't cut our taxes, they won't reduce spending like they need to, they will start start new mandated programs with the profits, then our taxes will skyrocket after the profits have run dry!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

If your poor you cant pay for collage and education fees, what kinda stupid thing is that to say, have some consideration..

Let me get this straight, your blaiming the poor for the economic collapse, use your head man..

Who needs college? Libraries are free, well at least in this country. I never went to college, and I make 15 bucks an hour which, in Oklahoma, where the cost of living is low, I live very comfortably. I also drive a very nice vehicle. All of that on a high school and technical school education. FREE. I don't care what anyone says, you learn enough in High School to get your start. What you do from there is up to you. I used to read for hours at the Library where I could read anything from Algebra, to Horticulture. Also, I do have consideration for the poor. I consider the most of them unambitious, looking for a hand out. Just so you don't think I was a silver spoon..my mother worked two and three jobs to take care of my brother and I. That didn't make me hate the rich, or look for a hand out. It made me want to never be in the same situation. So unlike most of my poor friends, I got a job, kept it and worked hard since I was sixteen. I also avoided crapping out kids at 16 and 17. Being poor is a choice.

On the other note, no. I'm not blaming the poor for the economy crisis. I'm blaming the poor AND the politicians, bankers, and wealthy who pander to the poor. The people who extend past their limits and then cry "Don't kick me out of my home that I never should have been able to get and should have had the intelligence not to attempt to buy in the first place".

That sentence right there is why we are in the situation we are in.

I do use my head. Don't be mad at me if you don't like what comes out of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
bush made this speech in 2002, that was the same year as the bush's tax cuts, and well....I've dug a little, but work is calling.....
it seems that this is also the year that the state's got hit hard by bush's failure to hold up the federal's end to medicare, medicaid funding.

I plan on going a little deeper into this when I can, but would love to know the exact sequence of these three events....
because, I still get the feeling that this "great" healthcare system along with those tax cuts is the root cause of this problem...
the problems we are having now is the result of their cure for the problems these two problems were created then...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

There is only one thing worse than a man without an education and that is a man who has one but choses to remain ignorant.

For every dollar that's taken from you to fund some drug or alchol poverty or health program, a portion is kept by those who administer them. They in turn buy bigger houses newer cars and may even contribute to your business, or purchase from your employer.

Perhapds you should thank the poor for being poor my friend, they certainly do seem to keep the machine well oiled.

First, Don't call me ignorant simply because I don't see things as you do.

Secondly, you make very valid points. That's why I attempt to vote against the very same measures that you bring up. Of course though, the debate could rage for days on the merits of voting in our system, but I digress.

Good points sir.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Most of the unaffordability is a result of use of unscrupulous adjustable rate mortgages by unscrupulous mortgage lenders such as Ameriquest.
High pressure sales tactics were used on People oftentimes were told that they were getting a fixed rate mortgage but they were really getting a fixed rate mortgage for 3-5 years, afterwhich it converted to an adjustable and the payments often times doubled or tripled.

I don't blame this on the poor, but moreso on the mortgage companies scam.

Everyone in the mortgage business is aware that once sold , all Mortgages are all bundled and resold as investments. Once these subprime mortgages were thrown in the mix , and resold it became someone elses problem and the crooks who originated these bad mortgages laughed all the way to the bank .

The owner of Ameriquest mortgage was a major Bush campaign contributor AND was even rewarded by Bush by being appointed the US Ambassador to the Netherlands . Prior to that he even purchased the Texas Ranger's baseball field from Bush and his cronies calling it Ameriquest Stadium. The baseball stadium was later renamed due to the bad name associated with Ameriquest due to countless lawsuite of people being scammed.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I dont know how old you are.. but you need more than "I went to the library and read about it" on yer resume to get a job requiring post secondary education now days....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nice find. I love how politicians couch mortal wound statements with disarming words like "dismantling barriers." For the schlep who is listening it sounds great to him that barriers are coming down but for anyone who exerts even the slightest bit of effort to truly understand what is going on you see his words are ringing the death knell for our nation.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Excellant reply post! Star for you.

Not a one liner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join