It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs using psychic abilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was wondering, are there any jobs out there that use people with psychic abilities?

My only real forte seems to be in the paranormal studies--I'ld like to do something that helped me with that.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
er...psychic friend? I hear Miss Cleo's position is open

I do know some universities offer majors in paranormal psychology, if you're looking into college that might be a place to start. I have no idea what sort of job that degree would get you, but you can deal with that in 4 years

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I hear the Police, as well as Opra and Montel, frequently use the services of such.

But I doubt that anything more than 'self-employment' is what one would aspire to.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, if you were a good remote viewer, you may be able to get hooked up with the spook agencies... Just participate in some College studies an more than likely, they'll find you. Of course, this would be in schools with more dabbling in such subjects.....

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
er...psychic friend? I hear Miss Cleo's position is open

Don't be givin' away my job.

Cleo

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not really. You're basically self-employed.

I do make money at RenFaires as a Tarot Card reader, however. It's not as much money as I make while programming, but it's money.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Forget all those other jobs and move close the Las Vegas strip.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You could use your psychic abilites selfishly and see who will win the major sporting events and then bet on them...great way to get lots of money fast.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Look for a degree in Metaphysics--I believe there might be somee in California, and I've heard in Iowa (Des Moins area)...

Popular metaphysics relates to two traditionally contrasted, if not completely separable, areas, (1) mysticism, referring to experiences of unity with the ultimate, commonly interpreted as the God who is love, and (2) occultism, referring to the extension of knowing (extrasensory perception, including telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, retrocognition, and mediumship) and doing (psychokinesis) beyond the usually recognized fields of human activity. The academic study of the occult (literally hidden) has been known as psychical research and, more recently, parapsychology. Both New Age and New Thought emphasize mysticism and its practical, pragmatic application in daily living, but New Thought discourages involvement in occultism.

websyte.com...
some nut-job friend who believes it's a good idea to talk to every conceived demon he finds wanted to go into this field. It is not always used in the direction you'd want to try, but I do know that a few larger wiccan groups would employ someone with the degree...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Write a book, screne plays, change the world like Spelberg, Lucas, or Authur C Clark, or Rodenberry or an other modern day profite. Where do you think they got/get there ideas? A cherrios box? Or is that a Chracker Jack box? Is there any real difference between being a woowho and creative? Being creative pays better if you are good at it!

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by nojoy]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What exactly are your talents? List even those like, "I sit well with old people...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Remote Viewers wanted by an Executive Recruiter. This is mostly a "research" job, so no experience in the recruiting business is needed, in fact, we don't disclose to the employer that we consult with remote viewers. You will start off identifying potential prospects for recruiting assignments, mostly in the sales management field, earning around 100K. I will then use that intelligence and arrange for the interviews (all without mentioning remote viewing).

I am an experienced headhunter (from the brick and mortar office days) but this is a brand new venture and is web based. Thus, you can do your work as an independent contractor from your home office.

I work on the contingency bases. For example: The agency charges 30% for a position paying 100K and you get 30% of that, to start (after a few months you may want to start doing your own placements, if which case the percentage increases up to 70%.). So out of the $30,000 you get $9,000 after the 30 day guarantee is satisfied. This is a good win-win utilization of your remote viewing skill.

Please send an e-mail briefly outlining your feelings about doing research for executive searches and contact information. I will call and chat with you within a week.

Rod
[email protected]
HireRecruiting.true.ws

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would say be your own boss. If you are good at it, its not hard to find clients. 900# jobs will rip you off, they charge up to almost 5 bucks a minute and you only make about 8 to 15 cents a minute. So with 900#'s everyone gets ripped off. The people calling, the people giving the readings too. The only ones who make money are the ones who OWN the business.

plus they give you a bad name and the psychic community in general a bad name because often times people read from scripts.

Be your own boss, its the way to go.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Another thought occured to me.

My grampa made a lot of money being a dowser in Alaska finding water for wells. So if you have that kind of talent, could look into that too.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would suggest that you get a degree in psychology FIRST. THEN you would have a DEFINITE OCCUPATION to hang onto, to back-up your talents in psychic abilities.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just reread the question *slaps himself in the head*

do psychology, then see if you cant find a class somewhere in parapsychology. Back when I wanted to be a parapsychologist when I graduated from high school,the only places you could go to get a class was in California, I don't know where they would offer that now. Its been about 15 years and the interest and acceptance of it is more open these days.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If you're the real deal, you don't need to work for anyone & you don't need clients.

new topics

top topics

join