It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Launches First Moon Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Originally scheduled to launch early 2008, the Chandrayaan 1 mission finally took off, successfully, this morning, October 22, 2008.

Link is below, with video!

BBC NEWS

This sounds promising in the fact that it is supposed to map the moon in HD as well as have a capability to "see" right below the surface. Another promising thing is that they are NOT NASA!

...Maybe we can finally get a clear picture of those lunar artifacts (spires, glass domes, structures, and other anomalies) previously discussed on ATS!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
To the OP...Good find. This is good news, I just had to throw in the other comment. I work at a helpdesk, and have the fortuitous opportunity to deal with the fine folks from India on a daily basis.

Honestly I had no idea that there was even a space program in place...They do manage a large portion of the worlds technical services though. I guess is does stand to reason...s&f.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Cool. I think it's great that India can do this. I think if a country can make the trip then by all means. I would be interested to view their photos and hear what they've discovered.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I dont suppose its any surprise then that America is sending its troops to gain control of the "Taliban" in India!
Nothing whatsoever to do with the possiblity that India might get their hands on helium 3 in the near future, or even release uncensored Images of the Moon!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
For more details, and some nice pics, go here...

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

Cheers!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sorry Mikesingh. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder or anything. I did a quick search before posting this and I didn't think to look for one in the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum.

I relinquish my thread to yours as it IS far more informative (and I like pictures!)

Mods: Do as you like but I think Mikesingh has this one!

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off to the Moon

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hey Cree! No big deal here!
Your thread is in the Space Exploration forum where this topic should belong! I just shoved it in the Breaking News forum as it was...well...breaking news!

Cheers!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

...Maybe we can finally get a clear picture of those lunar artifacts (spires, glass domes, structures, and other anomalies) previously discussed on ATS!

And if they DO NOT find anything?????

.... but then again it will be another conspiracy.

Until people like me and you get too walk on the Moon ourselves, there will ALWAYS be stuff like that on the Moon.

Personally, I (like everyone else) can't wait too see the images it sends back.

...but then again, if we don't get too see the pictures, that will also be a conspiracy.

The conspiracies never END!!!!!

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

This we hoped for with China's Chang-e 1...

This we hoped for with Japan's Selene/Kayuga

Now it is India's turn...

You say they are NOT NASA?
Maybe the early launch date was postponed so that they could finish this agreement in Feb 2008?

NASA And India Sign Agreement For Future Cooperation

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla. - At a ceremony Friday at the Kennedy Space Center's visitor complex, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin and Indian Space Research Organization Chairman G. Madhavan Nair signed a framework agreement establishing the terms for future cooperation between the two agencies in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes.

"I am honored to sign this agreement with the India Space Research Organization," Griffin said. "This agreement will allow us to cooperate effectively on a wide range of programs of mutual interest. India has extensive space-related experience, capabilities and infrastructure, and will continue to be a welcome partner in NASA's future space exploration activities."

www.nasa.gov...

NASA - Japan Agreement

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF JAPAN

www.nasa.gov...

NASA AND JAPAN AGREE ON NEW AREAS OF SPACE COOPERATION

Document

NASA-CANADA agreement

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE CANADIAN SPACE AGENCY

Document

NASA-ESA Agreement

ESA and NASA extend ties with major new cross-support agreement

ESA Archived Page

NASA - CHINA agreement

NASA Administrator Departs China After 'Rewarding' First Visit

Collected Sources

NASA Administrator Griffin presents a picture to President and CEO, China Academy of Space Technology, Dr. Yuan Jiajun.

So I will be watching this mission as avidly as we tracked China's and Japan's... but I am not holding my breath..

But I will take your thread as the 'watch thread... as there are already several others... but one is enough for updates

[edit on 23-10-2008 by zorgon]

(image tags)

[edit on 23/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oops seems Mike Singh beat you by FOUR HOURS

India Launches First Moon Mission
www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 21-10-2008 @ 10:54 PM

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!
posted on 21-10-2008 @ 06:13 PM

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We allow 1 duplicate as long as one is in a News Forum, mate.

As I think, Mike alluded to above.

[edit on 23/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
We allow 1 duplicate as long as one is in a News Forum, mate.

Aye laddie be knowing that... but I dinna have time to work TWO or more threads

But considering the racism and India bashing in Mike's thread... Maybe this one will be quieter when the Pictures come in...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
India does not have the secrets of the Tesla Free Energy UFO conspiracy that
was signed in 1955 among industrialized nations.
Don't think the secrets have gone beyond the original signers.

join