It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a broken heart be fixed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What do you think? Can it be done? Have any of you fixed a broken heart and how did you do it because I have no idea how

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It takes time ... The pain in death is in not letting go. What that means is the sooner you accept things are over, and make a choice to move forward. The less you will hurt. A healthy distraction is always good. Work out perhaps, or take up a hobby.

Here is song that is very fitting to this situation.

Puscifer - Momma Sed

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I think at some point in life, every human has felt the pain of a broken heart. As the saying goes "Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"

Theres no quick fix for a broken heart. But time does it's job ,and they heal.

Dont dwel on it and time will pass quicker.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I dont think it ever really mends but as time goes on you learn to deal with it, the pain becomes less and you learn to fill up your heart with more good things which make the broken parts of the heart start to heal,

I hope all is ok with you and i wish you all the best,

Sometimes things are just not ment to be... sometimes there are bigger things out there waiting for us

Who knows... might be a bessiing in disguise.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My heart is in a closet of a woman somewhere, pierced by the heel of her black Stiletto.

But yea, anyway you/we get over it, suck it up be a man. Life is a long road, slow down and look out the window.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Getting your heart broke always hurts. I think if you heart never gets broke you will no appreciate the next person you fall in love with. It will always haunt you, but you are wiser because of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yes and no. It can be like a wound. It might mend but you could still have a scar. Some people can bounce back eventually like they were never hurt and some become more jaded even if they are able to love again. It just depends on the person.

But as they say, there's nothing like a new flame to help you get over an old flame. That might not be true in all cases (like losing a true soul mate and the love of one's life). However, it works wonders in most cases where it's just an ex boyfriend/girlfriend or ex spouse that was never right for you.

Also remember that time helps so much for healing wounds. Sometimes it requires all of the above.

It took me two years of pining and whining over my first love. Then I met someone who took my breath away and suddenly the screaming of my ex's name in the middle of the night turned into, 'My ex? Who?'

So it will get better. Just give it time and be ready to click with someone who is right for you. All the best.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Yes and no. It can be like a wound. It might mend but you could still have a scar. Some people can bounce back eventually like they were never hurt and some become more jaded even if they are able to love again. It just depends on the person.

Well said. I likened my broken heart to a broken bone. Thirteen years, a new husband, a new child and several mortgages later..... I love differently now.

Each love IS a different experience.

Originally posted by AshleyD But as they say, there's nothing like a new flame to help you get over an old flame. That might not be true in all cases (like losing a true soul mate and the love of one's life). However, it works wonders in most cases where it's just an ex boyfriend/girlfriend or ex spouse that was never right for you.

Also remember that time helps so much for healing wounds. Sometimes it requires all of the above.......................

To the OP I say "Eventually, it WILL get better" It's the getting there that's so damn hard. 5 minutes at a time worked for me for a long while.

I will recommend a book.... "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" It helped me tremendously.

Just breathe..................................................................

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Scarred for life,
Bleeding and cold,
If you're lucky and strong,
It'll see you grow old.

-----------------------------

I don't think a broken heart ever mends, memories are strong.

New love can cradle the wound and give a new layer to it, but the scars are still there buried deep inside and each layer insulates the beating warmth left inside.

Good luck to the brave and damn the cold hearted!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sure time seems to heal all wounds,I can't count on my hands when I was younger that it was the end of the world,then meet another girl start cycle over,if your truly in love I don't think you ever get over it,just never dwell on it

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Sure time seems to heal all wounds,

Have to disagree there I'm afraid. Depends on the individual and the circumstances wouldn't it.

Some things can't, and indeed, shouldn't be forgotten.

One persons crime (for want of a better word) can have a permanant effect on the victim and change their life forever. It can shape the good and bad in all of us to some extent.

Because we don't cry everyday doesn't mean we haven't been influenced by remembering our own sufferings.

Ouch!

It is my wounds that remind me how it feels and stops me doing the same to others.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I once read a little something and it goes like this

There once was a boy who never knew love until a girl broke his heart

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
oh I am not sure... I don't think so.

Perhaps the pain lessons but the fact it has happened, you always remember and so it is always there.

It is like a scar... it is always there. Depends on how many scars you can live with I guess, one is enough for me.

cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Stay away from the person who broke your hearth, try to find yourself and your smile. Take a few days in the beggining to let it all out but eventually you have to make a stand and continue on with your life

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I live with a scar and a smile and Im making it fine

Thats just me. I want to say that a broken heart can be fixed but Im too caught up in the challenge of living life in prosperity with one. So far, im liking where Im going.
But to answer your question...
Yes, only Jesus Christ heals them.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
What do you think? Can it be done? Have any of you fixed a broken heart and how did you do it because I have no idea how

Mine was fixed through Christ. He alone brings contentment and peace.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Distance + Time + New Love Interest = Cure for Broken Heart

new topics

top topics

join