It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester tries to handcuff 'traitor' Rove

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Code Pink are funded agent provocateurs as far as I'm concerned. Their mission is to go overboard in public in order to villify government dissenters in general.

It's an age old trick, and with an even dumber population in the present day, it works better than ever.

I know it hurts to think, you may go back to watching Dr. Phil now.

Peace

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Their mission is to give women a voice in politics. I know men don't like pink because it means your gay or girly or something which is part of the reason they use that color. There are always going to be dumbasses that show up at your protest that you disagree with but that just represents the diversity of humanity and is no reason to dismiss people exercising their right to free speech. They are doing their civic duty to participate in democracy. I say hooray for Code Pink.

[edit on 10/22/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

I use the term sheeple to describe the millions of Americans who are so content in their McLives that they cannot fathom having them disrupted, and so will (like sheep) go where ever the dogs (government) leads them, without question. Those are the sheeple.

I don't care if their opinion is different from mine, in fact I'd be happy if most of them even HAD opinions on the issues. But they don't. They're more interested in Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton than in how our government has been systematically screwing us over and dumbing us down through the public "indoctrination" system that churns out good little sheep that don't ask questions.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Karl Rove should have a bag put over his head, be shoved into a van then taken to a remote location and water boarded until he confesses to his crimes. It wouldn't take five minutes before that bitch gave it up.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Good for them! It's a shame more people don't do things like this.
These poor women probably got put on the governments terrorist farce list.

How is it that people like J.F.K. and John Lennon get assassinated, yet human trash like rove are still walking around?

Perhaps because it's the human trash that organize assassinations?
And they assassinate the good guys who might interfere with their ongoing evilness?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Karl Rove should have a bag put over his head, be shoved into a van then taken to a remote location and water boarded until he confesses to his crimes. It wouldn't take five minutes before that bitch gave it up.

I could not have stated it more eloquently myself

These ARE the the "nazi war criminals" of our time.
Much in the same way that I believe all the surviving nazi war criminals should have had a taste of their own medicine, being pushed into the gas chambers...
These guys need to have a taste of their own medicine.
Better yet... WHEN (not if) we finally organize and take this country back, people like rove, bush, cheney, rumsfeld, should be bagged, transported, and waterboarded, but after that we should drop them off in a third world nation they have helped to destroy so that the locals can have their way with them.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh My! Another lame act by the Code Pink Community Theater troupe. The melodramatic show is getting so old. Why doesn't somebody just give them a bath and a razor to clean themselves up with. For a group of peace lovers, they sure do love to assault people. They will reap what they sow.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

It is not an accepted term. I have been on this board for years and registered around a year and half ago - so I do not need to do a search for the term SHEEPLE - I have seen it in posts for YEARS - it is an insult, not an accepted term. Everytime it is used it is in a negative context. You dont agree with my view then you must be a sheeple, you dont think the government "did" 9/11 then you must be a sheeple, if you dont think aliens are bringing ships of light to Earth you must be a sheeple. N E G A T I V E every TIME.

It is simply a way for the poster to "call out" someone who does not agree with them.

It is no different than calling someone "son" or "boy" or "little girl" while posting, it is a way to lash out because that is all that is left in the discussion. Using terms like "sheeple" - "boy" - "son" are used to simply incite what the poster sees as the opposition.

Dorian Soran

Well, I can't help but infer that my response to your question was met as an offense.

I, personally, don't recall ever using the term in such a manner, so I can't speak for its use a derogatory or demeaning sense, first hand. However you must admit that:

It is not an accepted term.

Is not evidenced by the Moderators' oversight; which seems to me that it is not recognized as 'offensive language.' Otherwise it would be removed per policy regarding such matters. I don't wish to derail a very good thread with a side debate so I will extend a sincere apology if I seemed to be baiting you. I merely meant to call to attention that fact that your sentiment regarding the term might have been more constructive in a different venue. My notion of "politeness" evidently failed miserably.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

These "protesters" may be sincere. However their singular 'media-centric' stratagem is found wanting. I must profess that I am inclined to be genuinely intrigued by Dr. Love's comments on the matter. They very well do fit the profile and model of 'provocateurs"; and in this environment, I feel they have yet to disprove the possibility. And they don't seem inclined to try.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm really surprised by some of the responses in this thread!

If pressed, most will admit they think the country is and has been going down a really awful road. If asked, some of those most might be able to identify why and who could be to blame, realistically. I'm not talking about the ignorant, poor guy who was talked into an unrealistic mortgage, I'm talking about the big wigs telling their employees to talk people into it. I'm talking about the people at the top that create and perpetuate this kind of scenario we're all living in. If you can't at least come to that conclusion, that the "powers that be" are ruining society for their benefit, you need to do a lot more research before you even CONSIDER trying to make a meaningful comment.

So my beef is this. If the judicial system doesn't and won't act on crimes by our leaders, who will? Should the people just bend over and take it like the sheeple they are? In this case, I use sheeple as a pronoun to describe the masses of people that are so caught up in this created society that they don't realize what the societal, economical, emotional, and physical implications are. In this case, sheeple defines those people who are so caught up surfing from web site to web site, texting on their cell phone, getting tanked, playing video games, or other ultimately useless activities that they are then much, much, much easier to be manipulated by those doing the manipulating. You're darn straight it's negative, and you're darn right it's a clever, but accurate, description of the majority of people. Or, we wouldn't watch our stock market crash, or watch as our government send young people to die at war, or watch and cry for help as our government does (insert here) to scare the crap out of you.

No one is accountable, no one wants to be accountable, no one wants to take accountability into their own hands. They're satisfied being sheeple. Yeah, sheeple.

But when someone does act out, to make a broader statement, what do some people do? Say this woman should have been shot? Are you kidding me? She does what most are too scared to do and some people find the balls to make that statement behind the safety of your computer screen? What a joke.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I take it by your response you enjoy going along with the Neocon agenda of a World Order. I also notice that you have a particular admiration for Bush's evil brain "Turd Blossom".

They will all answer for their crimes, people are fed up and the obvious lies spoken by these fat little corporate banker buddies have built a great division in our nation and have started the end to American sovereignty.

Only about 1 in 1,000,000 still think Rove , Bush and Cheney did the right thing by ignoring the terror intellegence reports before 9/11 and taking us into a preplanned war with the Middle East.

As for Turd Blossom (Rove) - he will get his!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
When will an actual police officer step up to the plate and preform this arrest. Even if Rove gets out in a day, at least the point will have been made. My prediction is that if and when Obama wins, Rove will leave the country.

Yet another prediction that will not come true.. just like ALL the rest on ATS.

And what "point' is that? That all liberals want all conservatives thrown in jail because they do not agree with them?

What will the "actual police officer" be arresting Rove for exactly.
What crime did he commit? Other than being an advisor to a republican?

EDIT: I don't intend this post to be insulting, oftputting or acusatory towards anyone. I am merely expressing my opinion in a hostile (to my affiliation) arena.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by gormly]

[edit on 22-10-2008 by gormly]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I keep seeing attempts to arrest him. Eventually they need to hire a lot of bodyguards
to keep people off of the arresting party and then they will make it to the police station.
However I doubt the police will do anything, unfortunately its up to them.
Best way to do it is contact the DA in a town hes going to visit. Ask if they will
prosecute then arrest him. Heck if I had the cash Id arrest his criminal ass myself.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

What for vacation?

The only real change Obama is going to bring from our current puppet is a new face and name for people to lay blame on. Really do you think the president makes a difference? Is he some sort of all powerful person that makes things happen? The president is a puppet show for the people.

The president cannot do squat without congress and both will work together for the right money they always do. The only thing Obama is going to bring to the table is nothing we have not seen already.

If we lived in a democracy things might have a chance to be different. Our single votes would be worth the count and I disagree that those in power would stay in power unless they bought off enough people. But sadly we live in a republic where we vote for people to represent us and their vote is what counts. That is why we can have a president (not that it matters) that lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote. You simply voted to put someone else in charge of your vote when voting for a senator or congressperson.

But of course Obama is the great savior God forbid if anyone questions that.

Raist

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Want the video? I know I want the video...

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Karl Rove a private citizen now and thus subject to a formal charge of treason and thus to be properly arrested by authorities?

So if people actually have evidence that Karl Rove is a traitor against the United States, all one would have to do is file that evidence with the Justice Department, a grand jury would indict Rove on those charges to see if he should stand trial.

If the evidence does show that Karl Rove committed treason, then he would stand trial and be tried by a jury of his peers.

You cannot detain a person under the protection of Citizens Arrest unless you believe they are in the midst of committing a crime, or they actually are under indictment or wanted for a previous crime.

Under these circumstances this young lady while feeling she is expressing her constitutionally protected right to preform a citizens arrest in fact was committing assault and battery on Mr. Rove.

Now if someone would be so kind as to enlighten me on why they believe that Karl Rove has committed treason?

Is confirming the identity of the former CIA Agent Valerie Plame to the press treason? Or is this reckless incompetence?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I laughed when I saw the video of the Charlie Brown looking chump trying to ignore the protester. It's hard to believe this cartoon looking character is actually Lucy in disguise.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He would just get pardoned anyway.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join