It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call For World Biometric Database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Call For World Biometric Database

news.sky.com

Thousands of criminals could be evading police because of the reluctance of some countries to share vital biometric data, Interpol has warned.

Nearly half of the global law enforcement agency's 186 member states currently do not share any biometric data, such as finger prints or facial recognition records.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well, if this isn't further proof of a NWO, I do not know what is. As usual, it is claimed that it will aid law enforcement and will only be used for criminals.

Right.

Just like the CIA would only listen in on potential terrorists phone conversations. Just like the CIA doesn't operate within US borders. Just like the FBI doesn't use illegal wiretaps. Just like Echelon doesn't exist.

Step one. Gain support for this measure by showing the public how unsafe they are. Convince them that without this, terrorists and criminals with rape, murder and pillage them and their families.

Step two. Once wide support is gained and the measure activated, time to make mandatory registration for all infants. I mean, if we can prevent a crime or solve one quicker by having EVERYONE's biometric information in a database, then this is worth the privacy and misconduct concerns. Besides, you don't have to worry if you're not doing anything wrong right? Let's just conviniently forget that terrorism laws are being used to charge distruptive students or anyone found disturbing the peace. You may be a terrorist just because you are overheard expressing a negative opinion of the current presidential administration to a neighbor.

These kind of things MUST BE STOPPED. There is NO reason the government needs this information. There is no reason for governments to join together into a single database. There is no reason I need to be treated as if I were a common criminal simply for being born on this god-forsaken planet at the wrong time in history.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
but....you are a criminal...

your crime was being born outside of the elite

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I agree that this is just one more step in a long line of steps that results in John Q. Public getting the shaft. I have never been for facial recognition, and studies have shown it doesn't even work as well as it is supposed to.

As long as I am on this subject, when my son was about 9 or 10 the local police came out with a program to allow them to fingerprint your children in case they were ever taken against their will. When first approached about this by his school I said no. They thought I was crazy. My response to them was if he is ever taken, he has more than enough fingerprints scattered around the house for you to get a good set of them. That goes for his DNA as well. The school administration tried to explain to me why it was OK. I refused.

I feel all of the above is a blatant invasion of my privacy and should be against the law. This is one of the subjects that really gets me angry. No one has a right to spy on people who are not breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well why not, I mean they're pushing for a one world currency so lets just throw this in the package while we're at it!

I can only imagine what kind of 'databases' are going to jump on the 'Globalization Bandwagon' out of all this. Sounds like Interpol is getting an early start.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have absolutely no problem with a database and sharing of data between countries, as long as that data applies to convicted criminals only.
Treating us all as criminals or potential criminals is not the way to go. We are not cattle, to be catalogued and recorded and our movements recorded and tracked by some nameless bunch of pen pushing control freaks. Of course, in reality, we are the biggest threat to the elites and governments. If we ever got organised and decided to depose them, there would be little they could do to stop us. Hence the reason for all the fear mongering about lurking bogeymen plotting to do us harm and all the extra security measures and removal of civil rights in order to protect us.

If everyone just refused to go along then what are they gonna do? Jail us all?
People are just so scared of bringing down the wrath of the "authorities" upon themselves and will quietly go along with whatever is asked of them, whether they do so grudgingly or otherwise, right or wrong. They should wake up and realise that, united in a single voice, we have the ability to put a stop to all this madness and control.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I have absolutely no problem with a database and sharing of data between countries, as long as that data applies to convicted criminals only.

I would still disagree with that because of the slippery slope possibilities. Like I said, it starts with just the criminals and eventually leads to include more and more groups until the world population is included in this database. I would rather snuff this out before it gets started than to attempt to take back power after it has been granted.

new topics

top topics

join