It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X approaching

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dont believe in this planet but I will say that if it was fitted into a gap between the planets, I believe astronomy does account for there being space for another planet, while it might effect weather conditions and magnetics im not sure it would actually destabilise the orbits of the worlds.

If it was real then its already an established part of the orbital patterns of this solar system, therefore it would just be continuing a cycle.

Im not sure there is any evidence to support the planets existence at all though.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Thank U so very much for the Bob Dean link on YouTube!....I am indebted to U!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Harman
I can understand that if it does come it is heavily restricted and we will not get any reliable data about it if TPTB really does not want it.

One question... how will they restrict information on a planet twice the size of Jupiter appearing in the sky heading for Earth?

Just asking...

And where the H... did 2009 come from?

It was in the OP 'februari 2009' (being visible for the naked eye). So if that is the case we won't have to wait that long, if it comes into eyesight somewhere in the far future i can only say that i really do not care that much

And yeah i could understand and believe that info regarding nibiru being seen by stargazers getting repressed or fervently debunked by people that rule us behind the scenes. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nibiru does exist. there is a news artical that NASA has not only discovered it, but also assigned a "CHA" number ( 1984 / usa today ) if my memory serves.
The best way to hide something is to do it in plain sight. Does the name sound like it is from a Star Wars movie? There have been reports from the shuttles & hubble telescope that a strange vibration is felt while in space, they believe that it is a gravitational pull / influence from this Body. The fear is what level of influence it will have on our earth, change the tilt, poles etc.

Did you hear about the penguins that ended up in Rio rather than Antartica
animals rely on magnetic fields as a road map. Did you see on world news how certain countries are securing seeds in a hollowed out mountain? World governments could not allow this information to become common knowledge, it would send people screaming, and besides the government wants taxes til the end! The Mayan calendar end on Dec 21st. 2012 - winter solstice. it is said at this time many planets will be in a straight line. - (the gravity thing again)(Where do you think the word luantic is from. wonder where the saying "is it a full moon" comes from? when people are acting strange. Gravitational influence affects bodies of water (tides), and guess what else, we humans are made of a lot of water. Back to reality, the is STP South Pole Telescope at the south pole, was constructed for the sole purpose of monitoring the approach. There is Supposed to be [ 2 ] suns visible to the SOUTHERN hemisphere at dawn, eventually the people in the NORTHERN hemisphere will / should be able to see this in about a year.
My advice to you is .. Keep your eyes wide open, do not quit your work just yet, and continue to search the internet sifting between fact and fiction

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I am laughing my arse off so hard that I may crash and bleed out all over my living room floor.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I found something else fascinating, actually all of this is based on science and doesnt need any sumerian mythology to support it.

I was looking at the search for Pluto which was based on discrepencies in planetary orbits of Uranus and Neptune, at that time an extra planet was suggested to exist on a highly eliptical orbit which would enter our system infrequently.

Anyway in the end that is what led to the discovery of Pluto. However, I was looking at Pluto and it turns out the general consensus is that Pluto isnt large enough to account for the discrepancies and in fact there may still be a tenth planet in play.

Recent calculations by the United States Naval Observatory have confirmed the orbital perturbation exhibited by Uranus and Neptune, which Dr. Thomas C. Van Flandern, an astronomer at the observatory, says could be explained by “a single undiscovered planet.” He and a colleague, Dr. Robert Harrington, calculate that the 10th planet should be two to five times more massive than Earth and have a highly elliptical orbit that takes it some 5 billion miles beyond that of Pluto – hardly next-door but still within the gravitational influence of the Sun.

At a scientific meeting last summer, 10th-planet partisans tended to prevail. Alternative explanations for the outer-planet perturbations were offered. The something out there, some scientists said, might be an unseen black hole or neutron star passing through the Sun’s vicinity. Defenders of the 10th planet parried the suggestions. Material falling into the gravitational field of a black hole, the remains of a very massive star after its complete gravitational collapse, should give off detectable x-rays, they noted; no X-rays have been detected. A neutron star, a less massive star that has collapsed to a highly dense state, should affect the courses of comets, they said, yet no such changes have been observed.

More credence was given to the hypothesis that a “brown dwarf” star accounts for the mysterious force. This is the informal name astronomers give to celestial bodies that were not massive enough for their thermonuclear furnaces to ignite; perhaps like the huge planet Jupiter, they just missed being self-illuminating stars.

So of course this doesnt mean Niburu, and whatever is claimed, science doesnt suggest that Nibiru is orbiting close to Earth, it seems to suggest that any 10th star is orbiting a wide eliptic out past Pluto, so im not sure where the idea of Niburu passing Earth and wiping us all out came from?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Not quite.

Our Gregorian calendar covers one year.

The Mayan Long Count started in 3114 BCE and ends in 2012 AD

Similar in that they are both cyclical. Different in that the majority of humans will never see a Long Count cycle end

Doomsday theory aside, saying it's about the same thing is undervaluing things a bit imho.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

I meant it in the same way that they are cyclical, but of course, you are right. Saying it's the same does somewhat undervalue it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Supposedly, the orbits of the outer planets are being affected because they are closer to its incoming path. We are supposed to have had a 360 year day, thus the 360 degrees in a circle, but when it next comes, we are supposed to return to that 360 day orbit. I don't know any of this for fact, just what is being said by the most credible I could find. It would affect all of the planets orbits, you are right. Also the greater orbit of the sun within the galaxy. But if it has happened before, the civilisations extant at the time would talk about it, don't you think? And I read most or all of them did, in fact. If this is all not true, then what were they witnessing that they misunderstood? Something big, a big event, one our current science is not addressing. Not important, even tho it just may happen again.
And if, IF the government knew about all this, don't you think they would try and build underground bases for themselves, at our expense? Why should they tell us, if they can't do anything about it, but survive themseles? It's not like a famous actor can rocket up to it and nuke the star, 10x bigger than Saturn, which is a whole lot bigger than Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ok now with more looking im missing something here.

The tenth planet has already been discovered by NASA so whats with all the Planet X myths?

science.nasa.gov...

July 29, 2005: "It's definitely bigger than Pluto." So says Dr. Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology who announced today the discovery of a new planet in the outer solar system.

The planet's temporary name is 2003 UB313. A permanent name has been proposed by the discoverers to the International Astronomical Union, and they are awaiting the decision of this body before announcing the name. Stay tuned!

Actually seems a quite mundane discovery that doesnt seem to have much implication.

And more, the tenth planet "Xena" also has a moon. So I guess that kind of bins Nibiru theory doesnt it?

Brown estimates that the moon, nicknamed "Gabrielle"-after the fictional Xena's fictional sidekick-is at least one-tenth of the size of Xena, which is thought to be about 2700 km in diameter (Pluto is 2274 km), and may be around 250 km across.

Why are we still theorising about a tenth planet based on sumerian myth when we have already officially discovered both the planet and its moon and named them both?

Im missing something here?

Anyway heres the information on the planet, now called Eris:
Can we now consider the Nibiru myth debunked? Between myself and google I think we located the 10th planet

web.gps.caltech.edu...

[edit on 22-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonesomepine333
Is anyone familiar with the approach of Planet X?; otherwise known as NIBIRU. It is suppose to be visible to the naked eye Feb of 09. And its approach was predicted in the in ( I believe Aztec calender) .I do know that our government ,as well as other governments are watching it.It is suppose to enter our solar system (as it does every 3,600 years.I red that it could contain Aliens.I would be greatly interested on any feedback on this subject! PEACE!

welcome to ATS
edit

[edit on 10/22/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

By the way, isn't archaelology a science, too? We can learn a great deal from ancient civs, like how they moved blocks of rock, how they drilled 500x faster than we can, their astronomy that we are just catching up to, and lots of other stuff hidden in back rooms of museums worldwide. Oh yes, not just Indiana Jones fiction, I have read much about these artifacts that don't fit into the party line of modern science. We COULD learn a great deal from archaelogogy.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Very true. I just dont get why people are theorising over the 10th planet Nibiru when the 10th planet has been discovered, named and even has its own moon.

The tenth planet is called Eris and is 27% larger than Pluto at the best known calculation

I think That kind of blows Nibiru right out of the water really.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lonesomepine333

my question is.. why hasn't this thread been moved and redirected since it clearly does not add anything to the discussion and many posts are off subject?

Planet X has been discussed to death.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

here explains the whole thing. I have heard in feb 2008 nasa had photos from the south pole telescope that found planet-x.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

URL contained a malformed video

Anyway, NASA already found the tenth planet in 2005 and its called Eris.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Lonesomepine. You'll find that many topics, such as this one, have been discussed quite extensively here, and thus some of us might seem a tad dismissive when it is introduced again..... many of us have made up our minds about Nibiru, others remain open to a possibility. All of us once were newbies here, and I think some forget. I think you've done the right thing -- you had a question, and asked it -- best way to gain information, and then it's up to you to sift through it all and come up with your own stance on it. Myself, I tend to discount the Nibiru theory.

As stated, if it were a planetoid, planet or dwarf star that had any possibility of influencing our sector of the solar system within four years, I think it'd be clearly visible to amateur astronomists (who, incidentally, find many of the near-Earth objects (NEOs), comets, etc.).

If Nibiru were a real entity, I think the only way it could happen is it being a huge cometary body, and it's not unusual for them to have widely eliptical orbits. Those comets that humans know about, as well as the asteroids, are those that have been identified and tracked during the course of modern history. We have NEOs that surprise us fairly frequently. There was one earlier in the month, although it was a mere 10-feet in diameter. There is a NEO called 2004 RO252 that is expected to come very close to Earth in April of 2012. It is CURRENTLY thought to be a "miss", however the good folks at JPL acknowledge that it is WAY too far out to extropolate its exact position. ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

So, just my way of saying I don't think you're off-base at all for asking the question. There's a lot more out there, in space, than we can imagine.

Again, Welcome

[edit on 22-10-2008 by argentus]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
nibiru is a total scam (TRUST ME) it is just another fear mongering money grabbing pulling your pance down hoax just like a blossom crapchild, please dont believe in this bullcrap for your own sake as the internet is full of hoaxers brainwashers and utter gimps. you will see the light when you find out more.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32

here explains the whole thing. I have heard in feb 2008 nasa had photos from the south pole telescope that found planet-x.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by computerwiz32]

please dont make me laugh, just ask nibirushock2012

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

why do you think it's a hoax????

explain to us why in our history we have great diasters???

I think their is some truth to this. I don't think any aliens live on the planet-x if they did the they would die before they get to earth.

the reason is that this planet supposed to be close to our sun before getting here so they will get fried.

the video I showed you explains in a scientific way on why this could be true.

I even read an article in 2007 in jan. At school our teacher would read the paper to us every morning.

He even saw a front page nasa saying they found new planet could be planet-x. They then said yes it's planet-x and they show a photo tooken by a telescope from the south pole of the first view of planet-x is was still to far away to see really anything but looks like a star.

so you should explain yourself instead of just saying oh it's a hoax they want to create fear because they love creating fear.

seriously explain why you think this and explain the goal of creating the fear.

No one just goes out to love creating fear to people for no appear reason.

So explain the reasoning if you don't do so then everyone here would think your too stupid.

you can't just tell us oh it's a hoax and leave us hanging on why it's a hoax.

so explain yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join