It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost soul looking for friends and feedback.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am a new member to ATS but I have been following along and reading up on all the different theories that float around this site. I am excited to at least have a venue in which to discuss and work through some of the crazy thoughts I am having lately.

I will start by saying that I was raised in a strict christian household as I'm sure many others on this site were. I always thought faith was the highest quality you could have in life. To question is blasphemy. If you don't give your life to Jesus Christ you will burn in a hell and so on. I am now learning as an adult that faith is just another word for "blind submission" and that any God worth worshipping would not ever want his "children" to burn in hell...just like a parent would never doom his own children to an eternity of torture ..no matter what offense the child committed.

Anyway, as of lately I feel like I fell down a rabbit hole. It all started with Zeitgeist. I know some of you will argue that that film is full of holes but it just brought to me a new way of thinking. I started to question everything. I started looking up different topics that I had never before even cared about. Everything from politics to history to psychics to aliens. It all seems to connect some how.

I feel like I have just opened my eyes for the first time.

After Zeitgeist I started looking up other similar docs. Now I have seen many and they all seem to prove the same point....everything is connected.

Aliens have everything to do with history just like spirituality has everything to do with 2012 and the future of human kind.

I am obsessed.
I want to spread the word but people don't want to hear it.
I want to others to wake up as I feel I have but....no one wants to.

I don't understand. Don't they see that the only way to prevail against the evil that lies ahead is to unite? I fear they won't see it until its too late.

So now I am here. Perhaps to hear the voice of reason telling me everything will be okay. Ahhh...to be ignorant again....but I think that is lost for me. After all I've learned I don't think I can ever think think that way again. Or maybe it is to find others like me. Maybe it is to inspire others to educate themselves. What ever my purpose is I think everything will reveal itself very soon. Thank you for all your feedback.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
everything will be ok.

"Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood carry water."
"where you are is where you are supposed to be"

Trust me, the mere intent of wanting to know, will inevitably lead to you figuring it out.

Just go with the flow. I suggest learn some meditation and try to make it a habit, de-conditioning/un brain washing, you will find you have a VERY wise inner teacher that will give you answers on any subject you will to entertain.

And remember, God is all there is, everything else, is illusion. This is key.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hey. Thanks. That was really good advice.

I think meditation would be good for me. But its seems I just have a hard time focusing when my head is distracted with trying to sort out all the BS floating around out there. It's all so confusing. So much disinformation.

But I do appreciate your encouraging words.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hello angel4change. I just added you as my friend.

I am so happy you are becoming enlightened. Take it slow and easy. Sometimes the journey can be a bit scary. This is normal. It will pass.

ATS is the most amazing forum I've ever been a part of. The administration is gentle but firm. Among our members we have an abundance of extremely intelligent people.

I believe that the truth is out there and it will be found here if we keep questioning.

Welcome to your new obsession.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
come to nyc and join the movement! im in brooklyn and many young people share these views.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by angel4change

Hi angel4change....welcome.
Its a great thing to be aware.
I look forward to see you around the board.
I will add to my friends as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
if your a lost soul how can i join you, i have been waiting a life time for an experience like this and i was wondering is it cool or is it just superstitious.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hello and it's great to hear about your awakening. Hey, don't worry about others' views. You can't change them nor their particular path in this life. You wouldn't have listened until you were ready either. This isn't something you can make people hear so no need for missionary work. And don't be satisfied with just the knowledge others give. Use meditation to learn more.

Meditation takes some practice. I was directed by clear signs toward the practice of qigong to facilitate my ability to quiet the noise in my head. Part of my job at that time was to read the news almost constantly so there was certainly plenty of noise! Now silence is immediate; whenever, wherever. The best advice I can give you - and this is really important - don't let others define how you meditate nor what is possible while you do it. Don't succumb to fear-mongering by those who don't understand. And be prepared for further change. You've only just begun.

Feel free to send a U2U if you would like to chat about anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amish hebrew

I dont understand what you are saying to me at all.
Not trying to be rude...just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hey, many of us have been there.

I remember when I first googled "Illuminati," I was scared to walk down the street for like two weeks. I was pretty young, it's silly to be that paranoid but it DOES happen.

The fear and the paranoia and the anxiety will pass, you'll go through many stages. Fear, anger, massive paranoia, wanting to turn back, wishing you'd never tried, acceptance, ect.

It will all be ok, just try to chill a little bit and be happy with what you have. And you have all of creation to enjoy, there is a god or something akin to god and you are loved. You are safe. It's all about experience.

Good luck, I'm sure you can u2u any of us if you ever need anything. I'll be incredibly happy to listen to anything you need to get off your chest.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel4change

I feel like I have just opened my eyes for the first time.

I am obsessed.
I want to spread the word but people don't want to hear it.
I want to others to wake up as I feel I have but....no one wants to.

I don't understand. Don't they see that the only way to prevail against the evil that lies ahead is to unite? I fear they won't see it until its too late.

Kind of like born again religious types feel after they've "seen the light".

Though there is a bit more proof for conspiracy theories than religious dogma IMO.

Don't worry. As I'm sure you've learned by your own transformation, you can't force people to believe anything. They have to see it on their own. Don't waste your time trying; if they show interest, be helpful. But don't become an evangelical conspiracy theorist.

No one likes prostelytizers.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've tried to tell people stuff but they wont listen, they are too busy with their lives.. I want people to know stuff, I know that the person you expose things to might do their own research and understand what's going on and tell someone else who inturn might do their own research and so on.. it spreads around.

I'm done with trying to tell people though I have other things to worry about

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Good for you.
If you find it hard to sit and meditate, you might try Ti Chi or Yoga, where the mind is directed to the body. Either can be very effective for centering and focusing.

Each of us has a brain, use it.
Each of us has a soul, feel it.
Each of us has a spirit, know it.

If you think you wish to influence others, such as friends and family, this will not happen by raving about the Truths you have discovered. You will be able to influence others by demonstrating that your awareness has led you to a meaningful, content, contributing life.

"Talk-Action=0" DOA Canadian punk band 1977->

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Welcome,Angel4Change you took a huge step,now comes the hard part waking others up,don't worry alot of those sleep-walkers are begining to sense that something is very wrong in society right now but they really don't know what that's where we all step in and teach them.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS!

I think that more and more people are waking up slowly, but it is frustrating when people you know are solely interested in reality television etc. Don't worry about telling people, just get on with your own investigations and research into these subjects (ATS is a good place to be there!) and things will progress naturally. Then, if people around you do wake up and start asking questions, you'll be informed enough to tell them.

Have added you as a friend too.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You've got to take everything you read and watch with a grain of salt. The world is not just one dimensional, so often there is a much bigger picture. The wold has been through many eras of change, and change is not always a bad thing. I don't see civilization collapsing any time soon, but if you are worried just be prepared. Don't let any of the fear, distrust and uncertainty spread around here at times get you down. The earth is a beautiful, vast and amazing place...don't let a few negative people ruin it for you.

Good luck and chin up!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
genius!! absolute genius... amazing feeling wasnt it. everything has changed hasnt it... everything is connected. exactly. from the stars, to the planets, to the people, to the birds, to the bugs, to the plants. search for others. were out there. its a whole other amazing feeling, once you find another aswell. to teach people. you have to let them figure it out for themselves. there to stubborn to be told how things work. figure out the way people work. there subconcious instincts and ways of reacting to certain things. figure out the way our minds have been trained. then u can tap in, and alter they way they see things. keep connecting dots. and pay close attention to everything. and magic will happen

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A few points:

Believing is an addiction, just like being in love is.
When you suddenly stop believing, just as when you suddenly stop being in love with someone, you are affected by the rebound urge.
So you are extremely vulnerable at the moment to believing in something else that will only let you down.

So guard your heart for a while, be sceptical, learn to stand on your own two feet, not believing in anything. Your strength and ability to stand alone will grow. When you stop needing a belief you may find their are many things worth believing in.

Remember that God is not religion and religion is not God. You might find that you still have a belief in God, but freed from the hocus-pocus of religious dogma. On the other hand, you may find an internal greater self to believe in, or simply go the agnostic path of having no God-belief at all. The important thing is to be guided by your inner vision. There is nothing to fear, no demonic God who will burn souls for eternity for not believing in him. Humans are naturally inquisitive, inclined toward inner growth and exploration and loving of thier children. Therefore any God who made us in his/her image would have to be like that too.

Two precepts of Christianity worth keeping are to love others as yourself, (which presupposes that you love yourself,) and to become as a little child.
A child has an open mind, loves to learn, and loves seeing new things. A child is free of the hurts and prejudices that corrupt the perception of most adults.

I still remember , as an 8 year old just fitted with her first pair of glasses, leaping through the streets of Melbourne, utterly delighted at how beautiful the spring leaves on the trees were.

Life is good. The tough parts are a game that keep us entertained. The temporary nature of life keeps it precious.

Your life is in your own hands now. Use it in a way that will make you happy when you one day look back on it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by angel4change

Angel: It can be overwhelming without a doubt, but understand that now you are one step closer to where you really need to be. To be educated and well versed on these many varying subjects is a daunting task to say the least, but here at ats you have all the help you will ever need.

Do be aware however that from time to time, you will recieve replies to your posts that are not at all helpful to you or may cause you to switch into defense mode...don't let these few and far between negative posters thwart your efforts to make your way to the truths that you want to find. Don't let the information intimidate you, use it to your advantage and study what you are most interested in on that day.

Meditation has helped me through some very rough times. I think it should do the same for you. If one location does not work for you, then try another, I myself sit in my back yard (nice little garden area). I also agree that you will find the best answers when you meditate. And you don't need to spend all day in meditation either, one half hour works best for me. Also if needed there are "guided meditation" cd's out there you can try as well if you are having trouble at first.

Some of these new truths take some time to swallow, so just be sure that you take the time to digest only what you want. And never doubt your "Inner Scholar". There is a piece of divinity in all of us, that will never cease, it will always be there.

Peace Angel

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hi Angel,

Just wanted to say "hi". I've only been here on ATS myself for a couple of months and when I first got here I already thought I knew alot, but boy has there been SO much more I've learnt. It's like a portal to the rabbit hole here and the urge to learn and understand more can be totally compulsive...has been for me anyway. Just try and take some steps back if and when things feel a bit heavy or are weighing on your mind alot.

It's an amazing forum to be sure, so much information for awakening and so many fascinating people to talk with. I've almost totally given up watching TV since finding ATS , I'm always reading now instead though (she whispers) I do find the X Factor is helpful for unwinding and temporarilly forgetting ....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join