It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. orders Cancer vaccine for Female Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I dont know if its more about the seriousness of it- or the fact that they know its a nation-wide problem (Can we say, multiple sexual partners?) and have found something that quote unquote 'protects you from it'.
But the sad truth is that it doesn't completely protect you from it- and I can see all those poor girls contracting HPV and wondering, 'wait wasn't I protected?'
Doctors response, 'Well, yeah, but only some strands of it, didn't you read the pamphlet?" You know, the pamphlet he never showed them when in excitement offering this miracle shot and administering it all within a 5 min. period. ARRGG!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Cervical cancer is hardly the killer it's made out to be:

# In the United States, About 10,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year and about 3,700 women die in the USA each year from this disease.

Let's estimate we have 100, 000, 000 million women in the US. If you do the math, that means that a woman's chance of dying of cervical cancer is about 1 in 27000.

Edit: That is from www.nccc-online.org...

[edit on 22-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Really? I think the only way of dying of an HPV created cerivical cancer was if one never, ever, ever their gynecologist and had everything removed and monitored. Maybe like those without health insurance...Hmm...?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
reply to post by asmeone2

Really? I think the only way of dying of an HPV created cerivical cancer was if one never, ever, ever their gynecologist and had everything removed and monitored. Maybe like those without health insurance...Hmm...?

That site didn't break it down into that kind of statistic so I can't answer it for you, specifically.

While I can't oficially cite it, I can pass on the conversation that me and my home-nurse had regarding this, when Gardasil first came out.

She indicated that regular pap smears d indeed cut down on the cervical cancer death risk, much more dramatically than the vaccine. She echoed the validity of the statistics I have quoted and indicated that if woman as a group were more consistant with pap smears, then the number of deaths would further increase, because most of those mortal cancers were discovered when they were already past a treatable level. I'm sure the lack of health insurance plays a big roll but I think a good portion of women skimp on the pap smears anyway. THey aren't fun.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Unfourtunately this is true my bb sis got this damn shot and exactly one year later she was in having half of her cerivics removed due to a "SUDDEN" and progressive cancer! that hadnt even been on the test the day before she got the shot....explain that one. (It hadnt shown on any test at all for a year and she had them 3 times after the shot.) She now cant have children. So the depop thing is working on some fronts.
She went to a cancer group thing and there was like 8 women who had the samething happen. The shot doesnt "help" anything it makes a problem where there wasnt one to start with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join