It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of a lightship perhaps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Alright so i get home from work, spark up a bud check my e-mail and lose my mind. How you might inquire? This video.

www.youtube.com...

Now please, someone help me debunk this before i start beliving that on the 24th one of these bad boys is going to appear.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Explosions in The Sky]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
some kind of unnatural cloud formation with the sun shining through?

Im clueless

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Explosions in The Sky

Exhaust from a rocket launch. I'm sure you have a military base located somewhat nearby.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The first part looks like a common illusion that occurs while filming planes, but that cloud part sure is interesting. I'm curious, what does the 24th have to do with this?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
The first part looks like a common illusion that occurs while filming planes, but that cloud part sure is interesting. I'm curious, what does the 24th have to do with this?

well it does look like a ship of light. and if those aliens or whatever make up their mind and come to this [sarcasm]magnificent[/sarcasm] place we call earth, their ride might look something like that im assuming.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Explosions in The Sky]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Are you here to tell us again what you think it looks like, or are you here to actually get your questions answered?

What part of the world do you live in?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
Are you here to tell us again what you think it looks like, or are you here to actually get your questions answered?

What part of the world do you live in?

first and foremost, i did not shoot the vid. No clue who did and frankly i don't care who did. this vid was sent to me via E-mail from a buddy of mine.

I just want to know what it is because im really tripping over this video.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's a rocket launch. Period.

I live in San Diego, CA. They are very common around here. Yes, I understand that the first time you see something like that it seems very odd. It's nothing but pretty exhaust.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The first part is most likely Sirius.

As to the second part, it seems so familiar. It could have been filmed inside a mall like this video hoax.
www.youtube.com...

Or it could just be a painting on the wall. Notice how fake those trees look.

[edit] Sorry the embedding is disabled.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I live in San Diego, CA. They are very common around here. Yes, I understand that the first time you see something like that it seems very odd. It's nothing but pretty exhaust.

Now show us a single rocket launch that looks anything like that, please.

Since you have seen so many and are so sure, that shouldnt be any problem. As far as I can see it looks nothing at all like a rocket launch.

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Or it could just be a painting on the wall. Notice how fake those trees look.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Deaf Alien]

If you watch closely at the start when its zoomed out you can see the branches on the trees moving. Doesnt look fake, seems to be some very fuxked up cloud effect, never seen anything like it to be fair. Doesnt look like any kind of ship thats for sure, but its nice whatever it is.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here's a good shot

Just because we see them all the time here, doesn't mean that we take pics of them.

Ever hear of a company called google?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

If you watch closely at the start when its zoomed out you can see the branches on the trees moving. Doesnt look fake, seems to be some very fuxked up cloud effect, never seen anything like it to be fair. Doesnt look like any kind of ship thats for sure, but its nice whatever it is.

You could be right. The camera moves around so much it's hard to tell anything. You must have a good eyes lol. It could be a real phenomenon but I still can't shake the feeling of how familiar it is.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Here's a good shot

Just because we see them all the time here, doesn't mean that we take pics of them.

Ever hear of a company called google?

Would be easier if you took the time to support your adamant claims when you post them wouldnt it? Nobody is going to just "take your word for it", im afraid "its a missle end of" doesnt really do anything for clearing up the matter.

Its fine debunking thinks but it would only take you a second to show an imagine and say, looks like a missle trail.

Ill show you what I mean:

Its looks like a missle trail:

I removed the image as it was too big, but you get the point

[edit on 21-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, I tried to back you up when Internos called you a loser. No matter how one acts on here is deserving of that tag. But I guess my efforts was more like spitting in the wind.

A gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, and a stick of butter.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Yes, you are right. Skeptics or believers should back their claims up instead of telling others to take their words for it lol.

Hit and run posters here are a big no-no

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well, I tried to back you up when Internos called you a loser. No matter how one acts on here is deserving of that tag. But I guess my efforts was more like spitting in the wind.

A gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, and a stick of butter.

All I asked you to do was support the claim, and I even said please. Some of us have never seen a missle launch believe it or not, might sound strange to someone living next to a US launch base, but in the UK there werent many missles being launched in Scotland

The only ones ive seen are in deserts accomapnied by men chanting with towels on their heads (Iran) and it certainly didnt look like that.

If you had posted an image I would have seen the point.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Oh, well if you say so...

Please, you obviously have never seen a fractal have you?

I can make the design in the video on my comp, I would like to claim this vid as a hoax, simply because it almost looks like a cubic blurring algorithm is being used when the camera comes out of focus, plus the constant motion and dof blurring, if the blur were gaussian then I would give it more credence, but it could and most likely is just a compression result since youtube jacks up videos to decrease bandwidth and yada, yada, yada.

The one thing, even though it's really simple, that makes me think this could be real is the fact that the light from the houses in the background do get there view obstructed from closer objects.

It's not from a rocket, of that I am certain.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Is everyone happy now? This happens all the time.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-10-2008 by malignant_tumor]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The first part of the video is a common illusion commonly known as "Iris Effect". It is caused by lower quality 4 piece irises (imagine a wide diamond shape that can expand or shrink to let in more or less light) being used in cheaper cameras trying to focus on a pinpoint of light in conjunction with full zoom.

The following picture is from a TLC documentary where they were studying 3 different UFO's filmed in 3 different parts of the world where the UFO's were identical. It turned out that all 3 people were using camera that had these cheaper irises on them. TLC then got a camera like the ones used and tried to re-create the UFO videos. The picture is what they got when they focused on Venus.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Explosions in The Sky

Pause the vid at 1:57 it appears as if what ever it is , is brighter than the moon (slightly below) that is also in the clouds. Very well could be a rocket launch.?. who knows would have to find out when he took the pic's and see if there was a launch . Due to the landscape I would say Florida, I used to live there and watch the launches but never saw them do this. Oh well; nice lighting though, is very pretty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join