It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV: Voice Tracks Don't Match Actors' Mouth Movements

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The fact that digital technology, by definition, is breaking down info and then putting it back together is the "thing" in the back of people's minds.

It's that "thing"...that hard to describe "thing"....that makes some people uneasy about digital. Add to that the fact that it has become a law and is mandatory. Add to that all the government deceptions we've had in our history. Now you have a perfectly good reason why some people will see conspiracies.

Me personally...I don't think it's part of any conspiracy. Although, I don't think it's unreasonable for some people to think that way. I think it has to do with this transitional phase leading up to all digital....like mentioned earlier.

BUT.....Now here's the real gist of my point..... If all we do is marginalize and ridicule "conspiracy theorists" then how will we ever be able to see a real conspiracy when/if it's ever right in our faces?

Only truth can be gained. NOT researching and NOT learning and NOT being curiousis is what we should be against. We should never be against those who question.....questioning only leads to truth. Not questioning leads to tyranny.

-Justice and liberty to all of you.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I HAVE BOUGHT A NEW TV THINKING IT WAS THE OLD ONE

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hello!

I'm new to this forum, I've been reading for awhile, this is an issue I wish to chime in on.

I've worked in both radio(Cumulus Media) and TV(Fox Television) and make my living as a live sound technician. Now, I'm not an authority on this issue but I have much personal experience. This can be caused by various bottlenecks I'd like to share. First off, it is the video that is out of sync and not the audio.

1. Broadcast or Cable? Broadcast TV received over the air should not experience this problem. On the other hand if you are watching cable/satelite(or broadcast TV over cable) than this can occur at several places.

Most cable stations have been around along time, they are just now upgrading to high def. Even if you don't receive the channel in high definition, it is probably being recorded in it. Now, think about using an old computer with a new video card, you double click on a website, the video card can instantly render it, but it takes a second, why? Cause it is waiting on the CPU/Ram to pass it the information to render...hence, your speed is "bottlenecked" or limited by the slowest component.

These new high def. broadcasts/recordings not only have to pass through the broadcast station, but to your cable company, all the routers, all the way to your home. Well...

The new "high def audio" does not have significantly higher bandwidth requirements...the video does. As everything is digital now, somewhere in the chain some device is having trouble passing all the video at the same speed of audio. This does not occur all the time but rather when the demands on the system exceed a certain minimum level, thus causing intermittent loss of sync. It could be too many people tuning into a channel, or too much electrical draw from someone flipping on another device in the same rack. It is basically identical to you waiting on a slow web page to load, and hitting refresh and it suddenly loads, bottleneck on some part of the interwebs network.

2. From radio I've learned a little about delays. Now adays all broadcasts do have a delay. I don't know about the TV station but the radio station was 4 seconds, the rack unit that created this delay was adjustable up to 12+ seconds. This was hooked up to a cartoonish red button that was called an "Oh Sh*t" button (literally labeled as such).

If you pressed it(I did in the case of a couple of profane callers on our live broadcast), the unit would cut out the last 4 seconds, and time stretch what was currently broadcast up to the present, and quickly refill the buffer. The audience would typically never know. It is truly a freakish piece of technology, once you know you have heard it you will quickly learn the sound, so when your listening to (insert current shock jock) and it suddenly goes ahead in conversation on a "live" broadcast, you know what happens.

Yes you are seeing delay, but I doubt it is conspiratorial as much as it is technological. BUT, who knows.

Just felt like sharing and meeting everyone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join