It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on junkmail - powder laced junkmail sent to public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
note to mods: I did not know where to put this thread. Please move to appropriate board.

Ever since I heard about powder laced envelopes I have wondered when we will hear about powder laced junk mail envelopes.

There is no way I can stop junk mail from arriving to my mail box. I have tried and have fought with the post office a number of times. I was told that there was no way they would stop putting junk mail in my box because they make money from it. (And I pay for my post box but I guess not more than they receive from those companies providing the junk.) I was told the only way I can stop it is to not be provided with a box.

But then this could go further than just our mailboxes too. What about our newspapers? The local papers like to stuff the insides with just as much flippin' junk advertisements that it wouldn't be hard to spread it around this way as well.

At least with the newspapers I can avoid them. But my mailbox I handle every day. And I might toss the junk mail envelopes away every time but there are many who are looking for those coupons, savings and deals who could be harmed.

In this day when we are so worried about bioterrorism, are we still not able to fight the junk mail on the basis that we too could receive powdered laced envelopes in the form of junk mail? Has anyone tried yet?

Junkmail and telemarketers!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat

Junkmail and telemarketers!

Might I suggest a new hobby? Use any junk stamped, self addressed envelopes to mail junk back to some of the producers of it! Wrap a brick, and use a postage paid label (with an indicia...like a stamp), and ship 'er back. It'll make you feel better to do a little monkeywrenching and who knows? They might get the message!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yep, I have been told to do the same thing that Johnny is suggesting…
Return to sender in the post office outgoing mailbox.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
LOL I will have to do that then. At least with the ones who provide envelopes and fair sized ones at that so they can have it all back.

~biohazard gear optional~

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
what would happen if we just sent all the junk mail we get back into the post box and kept doing so with every item the postman delivers thats junk mail, would it be re delivered? and if we kept posting back the junk mail it would make the postman's life hell to keep delivering it?

is there any law that says we cant just pop our junk mail back into the public postbox's?

top topics

join