It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw W! (movie review thread)--no spoilers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi, I wanted to tell you that I just saw W! I know that what some of you may think, and, I think it too, that George W Bush has made some pretty big mistakes through the term of his Presidency, and, as a Democrat, I would have to agree. I just saw the film... and I thought it was great. I won't spoil any parts of the movie outside of what actually went on in the movie.

I thought the part about his personal life was pretty good. They showed what went on with his life and his family. How he talked to his father, and, the lessons he learned, and how he became a born again Christian after he stopped drinking.

The film does show what went on in the meetings. You will get to see a peek as to what goes on in Washington.

And, you get to see George help his father win Presidency.

I think this film was great, it helped me see Bush in a more positive light, and, I recommend it to everyone here.

Those who don't like Bush will see Bush in a different way after seeing this movie... and those who do like Bush won't like him any less after they see it.

I give it two thumbs up.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the review. Stone has done some good work. How does this film stack up to his previous stuff?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I won't lie to you. I have no idea because I haven't seen his past films.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by whaaa

I won't lie to you. I have no idea because I haven't seen his past films.

I think JFK was a horrible movie.

mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

It is a topic well suited for ATS. Stone did the traditional conspiracy thing, no particular revelation. Really, not-creative at all.

I don't mean to slam JFK (the person) but clearly he was killed by President Johnson in retaliation for JFK knocking off the beloved Marilyn Monroe, to keep her quiet about the sexual affair JFK was having with her.

And of course, Johnson was highly pragmatic in this assassination, because JFK was murderously crazy on steroids and risking nuclear war, etc. JFK was not the gentle dove most people remember him as, but the son of a full-on gangster, elevated to supreme power. Stone messed that up in the movie, and it is a crucial point.

And Johnson was a supremely egotistical Stalin like figure who thought he could do much better than JFK, especially with regard to the Vietnam war. (Stone got that part right anyway.)

Yeah. True. And of course, Oswald was a skillful CIA special agent, a true James Bond like figure who was avenging the death of Marilyn Monroe under highly covert orders from the office of the VP. That is as clear as day. Stone muddled that up badly.

So -- me believing all that -- I didn't like JFK the movie much, and I fault Oliver Stone heavily for his limited thinking. But that is my opinion.

Thanks for the review, Frank. I will probably see this when I can rent it, but doubt I will go to the theatre to catch this one.

Edit: Fix the link to point to something more relevant.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
One more note. I don't really believe my rant above (not completely) but you have to admit that it would have made a much better movie that Oliver Stone's JFK.

If you are going to base a movie on a lot of unsubstantiated guesswork, then you might as well make it a blockbuster movie, like I suggest above.

top topics

join