It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP INVESTIGATION: Alaska funded Palin kids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Nope, i wouldn't crucify him. But now you'll call me a liar on that because you probably wouldnt' believe that anyway. I'm sorry...if it were me...like i stated...i'd want to bring my kids along as well...but i would do whatever i could to do it legally.

I don't have Christian values...whatever that is supposed to mean...i have my own values. I just stated my opinion on this and you of course didn't like it. That's ok. Shouldn't have posted it in the first place as i should have known the backlash i'd receive.

And i don't care about her being a drag on McCain...this had nothing to with what i was stating.

I just don't think it's as bad as some are making it out to be.

I wont make another post in the thread. I tempted myself...shouldn't have done it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sarah makes about 125k a year as an Alaska Governor.

While I feel that her children should be allowed to be with her, there appears to be some things that skate the line.

The charges included costs for hotel and commercial flights for three daughters to join Palin to watch their father in a snowmobile race, and a trip to New York, where the governor attended a five-hour conference and stayed with 17-year-old Bristol for five days and four nights in a luxury hotel.

Go on the trip, and take your children in the process. Is it ethical to charge your state for it? No business trips I have been on have ever paid for my wife or kids. Only retreats.

This does not play well in the close of a rough fought election. Sarah talks a conservative talk, but expects the public to pay for her personal expense not related to Government work?
Her doing that was a redistribution of public money to her own personal benefit. Yet she rails against Obama on redistribution of wealth.

Is it only good when it benefits her?

Sometimes you get bit by the dog you let lose to bite someone else.

Peace

[edit on 22-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
It does nothing to the McCain campaign, because by now we have all made our choice for the next POTUS. McCain supporters will brush this off as nothing. If it was Obama, his supporters would brush this off as nothing. It's only the other side that will get outraged, and since the other side isn't voting for McCain, it doesn't mean diddly squat.

You are now Conductor of the Straight Talk Express! CHOO CHOO!!!!!! LOL, you essentially said it how it is. Seriously, Senator Obama's supporters are hardly jumping ship, even when their own Vice-Presidential Candidate keeps instilling doubt into his very own campaign.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

But what about the those that are still undecided? Or those who are only slightly onboard the McCain train? Dirt on either side can still decide this race, as it is still close enough to sway one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
On another note, so many critiquers of this report forget one extremely crucial detail; the Majority of travel in Alaska is conducted via Airplane. Also, Juneau, AK, where she works as the State Governor, is over 800 Miles ESE from her hometown of Wasilla, AK. Often times her family ends up having to stay behind in Wasilla, AK, and I can hardly imagine keeping a family together in such circumstances without having them travel with you.

Again, this is another incident where something which appears "unusual" to say the least in the Lower 48, is common practice in Alaska. This ENTIRE "issue" was trodden over, layed out, and ground into the Earth this past September, so why are we just NOW witnessing the re-emergence of this story? This Media is in a worse state than Wall Street a week ago.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

But what about the those that are still undecided? Or those who are only slightly onboard the McCain train? Dirt on either side can still decide this race, as it is still close enough to sway one way or the other.

True, you are completely correct.

Sometimes it just seems that so many have already made up their minds, it is difficult to imagine undecided voters still in existence at this point in the race. You make a good point though, and yes, such issues can play one way or the either, even now.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

So you are saying it's the responsibility of the taxpayers of Alaska to transport her children to and fro? And what about a trip to New York, where the governor attended a five-hour conference and stayed with 17-year-old Bristol for five days and four nights in a luxury hotel. Why was it necessary to bring her teenage daughter? Maybe it was a conference unwed teenage motherhood? This is bilking the taxpayers no matter how you look at it, and the McCain/Palin ticket is the one trumpeting the horn on government waste. Is this a 'Do as I say, not as I do' thing?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sorry, but I have a hard time worrying about this triviality. Palin is not the first. Also, money for clothes and kids often comes from contributions. I like to think back to when Clinton made flights coming into LAX hold for an hour so he could get a haircut.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Again, this is another incident where something which appears "unusual" to say the least in the Lower 48, is common practice in Alaska.

If it is common practice, then why did she amend her falsified expense reports? I guess that is suppose to be common practice too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Again, this is about falsifying government documents. Not about waste of government funds. Although both are valid reasons to be upset. The one that sticks out to me was using government funds to fly her family toher husband's snowmobile race
How in the world is that related to official business?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
reply to post by Jim Scott

Again, this is about falsifying government documents. Not about waste of government funds. Although both are valid reasons to be upset. The one that sticks out to me was using government funds to fly her family toher husband's snowmobile race
How in the world is that related to official business?

Yeah! And then she forged documents? WTF? How can she forge documents, waste tax dollars to stay at 5star hotels for a week for a 5 hour conference, or to see a snowmobile race? But she's a republican so its ok. But if Obama spends ten dollars on a comb you better watch out they'll get him!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Oh great here comes the "Oh woe is the children" crowd. The topic is about her misusing State funds, not about her parenting skills. Start another thread about children and flights if you want, but stop it on this thread. What about all the rich Hollywood elites who fly their children all over the world all the time? This is bunk.

Now back to the topic. I don't mind her flying her kids with her, but I do mind her falsifying documents.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join