It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP INVESTIGATION: Alaska funded Palin kids

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's just MOTS... in the same line as her charging the state per diem when she was staying in her own house...

Palin is clearly following the philosophy of violating the spirit of the law while appearing (and not too well) to follow the letter.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
We all know that Obama has done things that were obviously not right as well. Why doesn't the AP investigate that? Unbiased reporting my ass.

They have. Antoin "Tony" Rezko anyone? Or perhaps ongoing coverage of ACORN voter fraud? It's everywhere. Palin will get more attention due to her persona, and this in part is McCain's own fault.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am not convinced this is a true story.

But if it is, it could effect the outcome. People are getting annoyed with the McCain style of campaigning lately anyways, it has turned a lot of people off.

This may add fuel to the fire.
And all I have to say is: shame on her.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The majority of the media seems to have made up their minds on the election already. Why is Obama not being investigated by every news outlet? He just failed to respond to anything in the Berg lawsuit - that should be front page worldwide headlines!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
The majority of the media seems to have made up their minds on the election already. Why is Obama not being investigated by every news outlet? He just failed to respond to anything in the Berg lawsuit - that should be front page worldwide headlines!

They don't cover it due to it being a non story. As other have said, if Obama did not meet the requirements to run the presidency, his application would have been denied. The CIA/NSA have far more resources than Mr. Berg and would have discovered any questionable items on Obama. It's ridiculous to think they would have missed something so obvious especially when they are working under a Republican administration.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, this is a dead horse, but I always wondered how Clinton paid for his wife and daughter to travel the world with him on just 400,000 dollars a year. I believe all the politicans should be held to much higher standards than they are now. If this is true, what Palin is accused of doing, I will most certainly condemn her, not that my condemnation means a twit. Meanwhile, I no longer have a horse in this presidential race so I just let it all go and say pick your poison. The door on the left or the door on the right. Either one is the same to me and I refuse to open either door.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The taxpayers of Alaska should not be paying for the travel expenses of her children or her husband. She claims to be a fiscal conservative, but items like this just prove differently, now don't they!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So I guess now the question is: Will she be charged for her crimes by the State of Alaska.....or at the very least, forced to pay back (with interest) the funds she embezzled from her state? Heck, for that matter, will she continue to be Gov. after being defeated on Nov. 4th?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I could care less about this. For one...people complaining about it for the most part hate her. So she wanted her kids with her...she should be put in prison! How many here are actually from Alaska anyway? Was this federal or state dollars?

What has she done for her state? Are they in debt like many other states? Did she tax the crap out of her state?

How much was it...20 grand or so? Wow...better add that 20 thousand to the 10 trillion dollar debt. So now it's 10,000,000,020,000 of wasted money.

She sold off the governor plane...maybe we should subtract this amount from the selling price of the plane.

....continue...the..POO SLINGING......

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It wasn't her plane she sold, Dave. If I sell my company's plane does that mean I can use the money to take my kids to Disneyland? You are defending the already dead.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It's not poo-slinging. She hangs her hat on being a fiscal conservative, and this clearly is wasting tax dollars. True, it's a small amount compared to the national deficit or the bankster bailout, but it's still not using the hard earned tax dollars of the people of the state of Alaska properly. You have to admit that if it were shown that Obama was using tax dollars to fly his wife and kids so that they could be with him, you would be raising a stink yourself, and so would I for that matter.

And just to set the record straight, they lost money on the sale of the Executive Plane in Alaska.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
....continue...the..POO SLINGING......

It's not slinging if it's true and it disqualifies anything one CLAIMS to be true about oneself. Sounds to me like you got a bee in your bonnet. Thank you for your tirade, as unproductive as it was.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I'm just tired of all the crap on both sides. I'd rather talk about what is going to happen to our country after this election. Every single one of these candidates have dirt on them. They all have fraudulent ways.

I just don't see how this issue is going to have any effect to what happens to this country.

I do know that she's done more good in her state than bad...and none of us really know what the political environment is like in Alaska unless we lived there. If she did it illegally than you are right she shouldn't have done it. All that i'm saying is that i can understand when you have 4 or 5 kids...there are going to be some extra costs when u are a governor. I'd like to spend as much time with my family as possible if i was working my tail off.

Wrong is wrong...i know that. I just don't think she should be crucified for this.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

All that i'm saying is that i can understand when you have 4 or 5 kids...there are going to be some extra costs when u are a governor

I think what they are getting at is the point that those costs......should be hers and hers alone. Tax payers should not have to pay for HER kids (insert republican party line about welfare state here). After all.....she was elected, not the family.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Wrong is wrong...i know that. I just don't think she should be crucified for this.

Would you crucify Obama for the same offense? When you campaign on "family values" "anti corruption" "Christian values"

You better be squeaky clean or expect to be called a hypocrite and crucified. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

The polls now show that Gov. Palin is more of a drag on McCain than the President.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

How long do you think you or I could stay out of jail if we defrauded the government for travel expenses? But if a politician does it, we should give them a pass and a big promotion to Vice President?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I think that what we're getting at is this:

Here's what should have gone down

Palin should have said "Citizens of Alaska, I have a bigger than average family I will need to travel with me IS IT OK TO BILL IT TO YOU"

Instead, she felt a sense of entitlement to spend that tax payer money on her family. That's wrong!

If she needed to take the kids so badly, and knew the state would not pay for it, then why did she run for governer...or why not resign once she realized that the kids NEEDED to travel?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
about the plane...i know they lost money on the sale. It's not like any of us are going to buy a new car and sell it used for the same amount or more than we payed for it. The point was she got rid of it.

If you want to see a poor governor...move to Michigan. Honeslty i'd trade straight up anyday for Palin over Granholm. Unemployment is now the second highest in the country...behind Rhode Island which is about the size of the county i live in. Oh, she raised taxes on us too...yeah that did a bunch of good for us. I guess it could be worse...we could have Arnie from CaleFORNya and his..what is it...8 billion or so deficit?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
What about the kids though? They took 88 flights in less than 2 years, that's almost a flight every week either into or out of Alaska. Air travel might be relatively safe but flying in Alaska in winter, with snowstorms and icy runways seems pretty damn risky to me. And how much school were they missing traveling so often?

Have you ever been to Alaska they get there mail delivered by plane. The entire state depends on air travel for everything large parts of Alask there is simply no roads and what roads they do have dont last long and take alot more maintanance then most states the weather is more severe.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

She's not being "crucified" for it. You seem to be saying this isn't even a legitimate topic for discussion; that we should all just shut up and it shouldn't be an issue at all. That when politicians embezzle money it's okay and normal because they're naturally crooks, so we should just turn a blind eye to it, accept it, not prosecute it and not even talk about it.

This isn't a matter of somebody stealing a pen from the office. When you add up the costs of air fare and hotel accomodations we're talking about tens of thousands of dollars of state money that was spent on something totally personal.

It speaks to her honesty and integrity as a person, and that most certainly IS important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join