It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP INVESTIGATION: Alaska funded Palin kids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

AP INVESTIGATION: Alaska funded Palin kids

news.yahoo.com

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Gov. Sarah Palin charged the state for her children to travel with her, including to events where they were not invited, and later amended expense reports to specify that they were on official business.

The charges included costs for hotel and commercial flights for three daughters to join Palin to watch their father in a snowmobile race, and a trip to New York, where the governor attended a five-hour conference and stayed with 17-year-old Bristol for five days and four nights in a luxury hotel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Palin

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Amended expense reports so the state would pay for her kids to travel. It's not that she took her kids that gets me...it's that she lied and falsified official government documents! Does this Do the McCain Campaign in? I would say yes, as he has clearly chosen a poor running mate who has now been proven to submit falsified documents for her own gain.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I agree..
the only real reasons he picked her of all running mates..

1. shes a woman..
2. shes easy on the eyes.. (from a distance.. lol)

I wsa actually surprised he didnt pick a black woman.. but I guess
that would have been WAY TOO transparent..

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It does nothing to the McCain campaign, because by now we have all made our choice for the next POTUS. McCain supporters will brush this off as nothing. If it was Obama, his supporters would brush this off as nothing. It's only the other side that will get outraged, and since the other side isn't voting for McCain, it doesn't mean diddly squat.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I dunno about that. Every poll I see still shows ~10% undecided. But, hey, the polls could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Since the topic is on an AP investigation of a candidate, does anyone know if the AP ever did an investigation of Obama's use of Cocaine?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Since the topic is on an AP investigation of a candidate, does anyone know if the AP ever did an investigation of Obama's use of Cocaine?

What does that have to do with this topic? I think it's off point. The AP is a reputable source.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Stay on topic, please. From this point forth off-topic remarks will be removed from the thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I doubt if Gov. Palin will be on any interview shows in the near future.
She is sure to be asked about this and it might take away from touting Joe the Plumber, Joe sixpack or Bubba the Bubba.

Very embarrassing but I doubt if it will derail the campaign.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm going to puke if her supporters come out and try to justify this by saying she was just trying to be a good mom.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Palin used govt. funds to fly her kids around...
Cheyney used govt. funds to bring his ex-company haliburton to Iraq...

same old story. Govt. officials using tax coffers for personal use is nothing new. It is a matter of how much we "useless eaters" fight it. Good to see that they put it in the news. Lets the press challenge her about it. I don't think these folks see the shame in it - they just feel "huh - I'm in power now, let's use the funds for some fun!"

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Normally i would let this one slide. but her platform is to stop corruption in government and to fight for the honest "average Joe" so this makes her a liar and a hypocrite.
Good Day! I Said Good Day ms. Palin!

[edit on 22-10-2008 by newguyhere2]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is an issue, and it's wrong for a politician - any politician of any party - to abuse the system like this. This is indicative of one of the big problems in politics: it's all there for the taking, whether it's $21,000 or $210,000. The public appears to be one big open purse for these people.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Deception is something that is hard to defend when it gets exposed, basically she wrote this off on the taxpayers to foot the bill and if it hadn't been detected nothing would have been said, which is no crime according to the law in Alaska, but the documents were ammended after she was called on it by the press investigating, this sort of leads one to believe that someone thought it was not correct in the first place.

This is not a good headline for someone that constantly talks about how she believes that the people know how to spend their money better than government.

My question is does Alaska pay for any of the governors political campaigning on a national level? we know that most of these expenses charged were previous to her being put on the Republican ticket, I would think that if she wrote off any travel, expenses etc as official State business but it was really for campaigning for McCain as the VP pick, this would be inappropriate.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
RNC appears to be handling some of her expenses. $150K for Saks Fifth Ave and other store bills for the Palin beauty contest.

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What about the kids though? They took 88 flights in less than 2 years, that's almost a flight every week either into or out of Alaska. Air travel might be relatively safe but flying in Alaska in winter, with snowstorms and icy runways seems pretty damn risky to me. And how much school were they missing traveling so often?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
What about the kids though? They took 88 flights in less than 2 years, that's almost a flight every week either into or out of Alaska. Air travel might be relatively safe but flying in Alaska in winter, with snowstorms and icy runways seems pretty damn risky to me. And how much school were they missing traveling so often?

I'm more thinking about just how crap it must be for kids being dragged around whilst 'mom' is working. I know it's 'planes and fancy hotels', but I wonder how boring it was after the 4th or 5th time?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

That's exactly what I thought when I read it the first time! I guess that politicians milking the system for their own benefits is a foregone conclusion to me. Not that I approve, but I assume as much on both sides as I make my decisions.

In terms of arrogance, money is money, but hauling your family around like luggage may seems a little arrogant, specifically for someone who aims to cater to the family values crowd.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
How dare you America haters point out Palin's corruption!? You're just attacking her because she's white you racists! If she were black like your messiah... Wait, wait, I don't think ending Iraq is evil and giving hundreds of billions to the people who bribed the GOP www.abovetopsecret.com... is ok. But just wait, they will be here saying its ok because a Republican did it and make up some excuse why its ok for a Republican to do it. But what I want to know is if her daughter was always on a plane or in a hotel how did she get raped?(She is under 18 so isn't old enough to give consent to her boyfriends who did her)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We all know that Obama has done things that were obviously not right as well. Why doesn't the AP investigate that? Unbiased reporting my ass.

As for Palin, I would have left it in the record books, instead of changing it . . . unless . . .

Perhaps she changed it to conform with some standard that Alaska has for the record books?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join